As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santa 2016: You'll go down in history...

• a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

uRanF2L.jpg

Flipping through, bit of art caught my eye.
    iLAI9io.jpg

I know how you feel.

Also, some steamy gifts.

1CdsXO7.png

Awe...

some.

Number One Tricky
  • HandkorHandkor Registered User regular
    dalith14 wrote: »
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

So these actually came in a month earlier, I have been stuck working 60-70 ish hours a week since November, so little extra time. Sorry in delay of getting these out:

Boxes have arrived, Kid wastes no time on seeing what might be inside:
    i46o2wmkpg0q.jpg

He is super excited, so is the rogue animal cracker underneath:
    si4kh7idrld1.jpg

Item #1
    4kewjnncpapp.jpg

He loves this, he has actually gotten really good at doing the matching now and we play a round of this every night before bed.

Item#2
    5tnmiymbeclm.jpg

Another fantastic gift, he has this all over the house and takes them with him to bath time, however we did hide the Play-Doh...for now... :)

Item#3
    zuve8177r7gs.jpg

This is AMAZING!!!!, so many times I have seen this and almost purchased. I am an avid Final Fantasy fan and this was a delight to receive, my wife has actually looked through it more then I have cause she loves the art. Thanks a ton Santa!!!

Great Christmas gifts, and obvious that thought went in to these, I truly appreciate it and again sorry for the delayed response. Also I misplaced the slip that had my Santa's name on it among the brouhaha the gifts cause at my homestead, if Santa would be so kind as to identify themselves, I would greatly appreciate it.

Glad you and your son enjoyed your gifts. I also have a 4 year old so it wasn't too hard to add extra gifts.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Merry Christmas!

Steam: offday
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Santa has struck again!

I woke up this morning and was greeted by a package, giggidy.

Pupper examined it:
    2016-12-25%2010.26.06_zpsnixjavk8.jpg
    All clear.

Awesome Dark Souls shirt, praise the sun!
    2016-12-25%2010.27.27_zpsbtimnnnd.jpg
    Wait a tick... HAH!

Final gift arrived via Steam:
    DS3DLC_zpsmdhlay01.png
    First DLC for Dark Souls 3! Now I really need to finish up Bloodborne, so I can get to DS3.

Just for reference this is the other gift I got before:
    2016-12-12%2020.19.04_zps9e24m7af.jpg

Many undead thanks Santa @mere_immortal ! I forgive you for not getting me those butt scorpions.

P.S. Santee @Custom Special I'll write up something for you soon.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    I was soooo close to getting you that metal style shirt. Also I was sorely tempted to send you an edible scorpion in a tin after the first butt scorpion comment, but I managed to stay on theme :p

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • ihaveachairihaveachair Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

There's still more coming in y'all!
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKS!! I'm versy excited to get into reading these once the holidays settle down, and fill my baby nap times with something more interesting that tv!
    TheLibraryatMountCharjacket.jpg
    510RaBzkAqL.jpg

3v72GoR.jpg
    3DS: 5129-3454-7122
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Just got a pm from my Santa @initiatefailure. Don't know what the code is yet but I've been told it is for one of my Nintendo systems. Thanks dude!

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Oh, I loved the Tiffany Aching stories. Well, I loved all the Discworld books, but Tiffany and the Nac Mac Feegles are so great. I think only Grimes Vimes and Carrot top them...but it's close!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I have returned to my home!

here's hoping you all had a great time with your families this last weekend!

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    @MNC Dover

Grimes?

;)

Elvenshae on
    edited December 2016
    @initiatefailure dude thank you so much for the $20 eShop credit! I'm going to get child of light with it for sure and then maybe the new shantae if it's available.

Edit: In fact I just bought child of light. Can't wait to dig into it.

shadowane on
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    "MNC Dover"

Grimes?

;)

Whoops! But let's be honest, that wasn't too far from his real name. :)

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Santa, if you're out there I'd still like to thank you for the gift!

Santee, it's been over a week since you should have received your gift, but I haven't heard from you. Hopefully you got it.

Steam: offday
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    shadowane wrote: »
    @initiatefailure dude thank you so much for the $20 eShop credit! I'm going to get child of light with it for sure and then maybe the new shantae if it's available.

I wasn't sure if you had actually picked up child of light for christmas and figured this was safer. There is also physical giftage. I'll get you tracking on it

• Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Hey! I check my e-mail upon getting home from work and look what showed up!

FLP22lr.png

Tryanny! This game looks awesome. I'm a big fan of RPGs and had a blast playing BG back in the day, so I am excited to give this a whirl. I am installing it now. Thanks, Santa!

I don't think my Santa ever claimed credit for sending me this awesome gift. I'm only 8 or so hours in, but I'm having a blast. I haven't enjoyed an RPG this much since Mass Effect, and that's saying a lot!

I wasn't sure if you had actually picked up child of light for christmas and figured this was safer. There is also physical giftage. I'll get you tracking on it

I had not but this was great either way. I'm real excited to get started and since I gave civ 6 to my wife it gives me something to do. Can't wait to see what's in the box! Thanks for everything.

• thejaxxthejaxx Expo Zone Leader Tukwila, WaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

So I received my gifts over the course of a week or so, but with some health issues that resulted in a total disc replacement surgery 10 days before Christmas, I was held up from digging into them (more drugged out for the few 5 days).

So I decided to actually open them up with all my other gifts at the annual tearing of the paper day.

(some images were left out due to quality, such as the opening of the gift bags. Boxes (all but one) were already opened and gifts placed under tree by in-laws.)

First off, Prof. R.J. "Moony" Wigglesbutt Lupin Evanwhit wanted to let all know this was HIS stuff and had a sit in until we bribed him with treats.
    gzwtkd3tf90v.jpg

Once that ordeal was done, in the first box I had received was Joking Hazard and Westworld! Joking Hazard will be an excellent addition to our monthly game night at the house and can't wait to sit down to watch the movie! I was actually going to watch it during my recovery, but I mostly watched the inside of my eyelids.
    cyk1327yr3wv.jpg

Next was something all geeks love, legos! And what an appropriate piece for the time of year, an X-Wing Fighter! Now it's time to build another shelf in the office for new toys!
    395494gusunt.jpg

So that left the last gift I received. This was Moony's queue to hop on in and help me open it up it seems. TBH, I think he was getting impatient to tear something up....
    xgm0gw1thimo.jpg
    5o3nclybzsho.jpg
    s6243c3fltol.jpg
    cta8ruzcja30.jpg
    dmg9g594y5it.jpg

Which gave me my Hufflepuff Banner! My wife may of rolled her eyes at this, but if she can have Gryffindork stuff, I can have my Hufflepuff!
    29cpx55nmkno.jpg

Looking down at the box, what did I see?
    jdtq0gddmga3.jpg

A Corgi in a box!

Thanks to my Secret Santa, Cameron_Talley, I loved the gifts!

And here's a Hufflepuff gift pic post for Christmas:
    klzzfi5wuftw.jpg

thejaxx on
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Santa,

if you have sent something to my house, I have not seen anything as of yet.

Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    @MagicPrime your third and final gift has been shipped. Expect it sometime next week.

edited December 2016
    Need to take a picture but got a truly whacked out comic from @initiatefailure today named Ody-C or something like that. Thanks! Can't wait to read it.

Edit: also a note that something else will arrive at some point so that's neat. Hurray for presents in January or February!

shadowane on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Not sure if Vanilla notifications are still broken, but I sent @vegeta_666 an extra little thing in a PM. Considering the season, it's up to him as to whether he wants to count it as my final Secret Santa gift or not.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Also, are we sure @Hypatia is okay? Last post is some time in October about the forums locking them out because of all the cheery messages and assignments.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Need to take a picture but got a truly whacked out comic from @initiatefailure today named Ody-C or something like that. Thanks! Can't wait to read it.

Edit: also a note that something else will arrive at some point so that's neat. Hurray for presents in January or February!

Soooooo... There's actually two more boxes. I don't know why just that one book shipped separately. One of the two shipped out but the other is an out of stock item currently so I'll probably have to message you when I hear about that.

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    Also, are we sure @Hypatia is okay? Last post is some time in October about the forums locking them out because of all the cheery messages and assignments.

I'm sure she's busy. I've been (super slowly) helping her catch up with the gift wall stuff. Last communication was like....a day ago or two?

PSN: jfrofl

Soooooo... There's actually two more boxes. I don't know why just that one book shipped separately. One of the two shipped out but the other is an out of stock item currently so I'll probably have to message you when I hear about that.

Probably because Amazon is crazy but uh two more boxes is awesome. You really didn't have to be so generous. Can't wait to see what it all is!

If anyone needs to send a message to/from their santa/santee, I'll step in as a stand-by Proxy the Elf until Hypatia isn't as busy.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Proxy the ElfProxy the Elf Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    If anyone needs to send a message to/from their santa/santee, I'll step in as a stand-by Proxy the Elf until Hypatia isn't as busy.

.-. .. .--.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!
    Spreading Christmas cheer across the forums since 2009!

.-. .. .--.

LOL! Naw Proxy, you good mang!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • see317see317 Registered User regular

.-. .. .--.

LOL! Naw Proxy, you good mang!

Seriously, Dover, check under your bed before you go to sleep tonight.
    Candy cane shanks aint nothing to laugh at.

• The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    @Custom Special I wanted to post this a little earlier, but work and holidays have been especially hectic. I'm doing it now though, so deal with it!

Kinder Bueno is one of my favorite candies in the whole world (I actually think I like the chocolate Happy Hippo's more at this point though), and I usually smuggle a couple boxes back to the US with me whenever I visit family in Europe. I know girls love candy, and since you live with a couple of special ladies, I decided to share my last 3 Kinder Bueno's with you. I count you among them, because living with that many girls in the house has probably kinda turned you into a bit of one too. 8-)

Now since you are an enormous board game geek I had initially ordered a different board game for you, before inspiration struck and I quickly canceled my first order. Considering you also had Pillars of Eternity wishlisted on Steam, I decided that something that encompasses both digital and physical, marrying your love of board and videogames, into one overarching theme would be more appropriate. I quickly jumped on Steam and bought Pillars and the expansion pack (look for my name in the credits :P ), saving it in my inventory for a later delivery, while reaching out to some of my old co-workers at Obsidian. I threw cash at one of them, and they were able to procure a Deluxe Edition of the Pillars of Eternity: Lords of the Eastern Reach board game (Man I remember spending weeks working on the KS redemption portal for that one) for you. It was originally my intent to get the box signed by everyone that had worked on it, unfortunately with the holiday season and all there weren't enough folks left in the office for it to be feasible. Sorry dude.

So, your homework at this point is to play the Pillars PC game, and truly get to know and understand the universe and its lore. Then take that understanding to the board game, so that you may truly appreciate it.

P.S. The antidote for the slow acting poison I slipped into the candy should have come by now. Let me know if it arrived alright.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    Gift get!

Mysterious boxes arrive
    31841347481_20d90ed78d_z.jpg

Fifth Element!
    31957974765_99bb59e051_z.jpg
    I love Fifth Element and after the great non-bluray purging of my husband, this is a great pick for the library!

Fancy bags
    31148730593_8c2241813e_z.jpg

Many colored yarns!
    31957969135_a51df69aaf_z.jpg
    This will be perfect for trying out making little knit monsters, brain slugs here we come!

A crochet hook set!
    31148726103_64286462c2_z.jpg
    Up until now I've just bought the individual hook, leading to some funny looks when I was a newbie. No longer! Now I am prepared for any crocheting challenge!

Part 3 note
    31921053296_b907bd0739_z.jpg
    Ooo, what could it be?

A TF2 medic scarf!
    31921051146_61662db6a7_z.jpg
    This is perfect now that I've moved back to an area that has a real winter and gets below 0!

The whole haul:
    31841323181_4073d6c9c2_z.jpg

I've got something to watch, something to do while I watch it, and I'll be warm while huddled inside hiding from the winter!

Thank you Nessticle!

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    @Kyougu did you happen to get the last thing I sent? I hope it fits well!

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @Radiation "Everyone" is still waiting for your gift post!

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »

Yes! I posted it during the whole Christmas forum. Thanks so much, your gifts were awesome!

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Santee! Your gifts are coming! Half of them should arrive in next couple of days and some will arrive shortly after! Sorry for the delay, but there are things coming your way!

Also thank you to @cooljammer00 again for the gift of Mordheim City of the Damned on Steam!

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »

Yes! I posted it during the whole Christmas forum. Thanks so much, your gifts were awesome!

Bah I'm embarrassed that I didn't see that. Glad you liked it! I thought Lego Gargano was pretty awesome myself.

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    minirhyder wrote: »
    @MagicPrime your third and final gift has been shipped. Expect it sometime next week.

Oh my!

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • NessticleNessticle Registered User regular
    I am so glad you liked it :) I live in Maine and experiencing about 15 inchs of snow currently so I know what it is like to have a nice indoor day :). To my Santa taking the pictures and posting before I eat everything you included. My will has been strong I have made it 2 weeks without killing most of the chocolate :)

"I must try to come to a deeper understanding of this trait called 'courage.'" -Apple Kid Earthbound
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    @Custom Special Thanks for the reminder! (And maybe for the gifts? Are you my santa?)
    So GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif PART 2!!!!!!

Holy crap you guys. There was a box! It was big and heavy. There was no picture of it, because it was claimed by the rabbits after the fact.

So I opened up the unpictured box and there was no bags of air (much to my daughters disappointment). There was a mountain of games that greeted me!
    BOARD GAME THE FIRST!
    VL0ilc5.jpg

BOARD GAME THE SECOND!
    vg3XwWD.jpg

BOARD GAME THE THIRD!
    ylHndWc.jpg

So we haven't played them yet. Apparently everyone that was visiting was quite overwhelmed with learning new games. Ticket to ride was overly complicated.
    Still though, they all look super fun and way amazing and I can't wait for my wife to get frustrated with me as I try to teach her a game I'm currently trying to learn! :biggrin:

Thanks santa!

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • a nu starta nu start Registered User regular
    GiftGet3_zps523eefea.gif

Welcome back to WPNRK, where the hits just keep on coming!
    rYwpvEw.jpg

Up next, we got the newest from Adam Jensen coming to you, called "Mankind Divided".
    8DVxDDL.jpg

And as always, we greatly appreciate everything. My wife doesn't, though, because she's not going to be able to use the TV until February.

Number One Tricky