As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Schide wrote: »
    I hope everyone is planning on posting their Christmas/holiday hauls so I don't feel weird about doing it myself this year!

Speaking of! Combination of actual presents and stuff I've bought over the last couple months.

jE8r6xF.jpg

Just took the pic, good timing on GV coming back up.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    My wife got me TR Soundwave, Twinferno, Hot Rod, and Wheelie. Also two Rogue One 3.75" figures. I then picked up Fort Max for way cheap ($75) after coming home from my folks for Christmas since I really doubt I'll find him at Ross.

If you include all the figures I snagged lately I also landed all Wave 2 of the TR Deluxes (including Brainstorm from Walgreens), Triggerhappy, a TFA Tie Fighter, and the first wave of 3.75" Rogue One figures.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Nice haul! I'll have to get TR Soundwave eventually since I got a sticker set for TR wave 2 that includes him.

Yeah, I picked up Fort Max too early and was annoyed when I could have easily gotten him for $75 later. Ah well.

• Options
    Nice haul! I'll have to get TR Soundwave eventually since I got a sticker set for TR wave 2 that includes him.

Yeah, I picked up Fort Max too early and was annoyed when I could have easily gotten him for $75 later. Ah well.

I always say when I pay full retail for a toy that I'm paying to guarantee that I get the figure. Luckily for me Fort Max he wasn't on my radar at all till he hit the $75 mark. It would be awesome to find him at a Ross for $50 but hunting at those stores suck.

I should have taken a photo like you did, but forgot to.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Because I won't be getting my big dumb Japanese robots until January, I decided to buy myself these for Christmas :razz:

Op7hYMl.jpg?1

They're pretty neat, except the figures have NO leg articulation. It's been a decades since I bought a lego figure, but I remember them having forward and back leg movement, not just a solid legs piece.

Also I just noticed in this photo that I put in the wrong colour headlight on Flash's car. D'oh!

I did get some other purchases, like my Macross Froniter Albums (which are waaayy better Delta), but they're not toys unless you want to use them as Frisbees :lol:

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    That's weird, I don't know anything about that line, but most LEGO minfigs still have forward and backward leg articulation.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    It's a new lego leg piece. They're normally used for dwarves or hobbits in assorted fantasy sets to make the figure shorter.
    Most LEGO minifigs do have the leg articulation you remember.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Well the set is still cool, so I shouldn't complain too much.

In other news the AUD/Yen is shit today. Wish HLJ had sent me my payment invoice yesterday when it was a bit higher. I think I'm going to wait until maybe 4-5pm AEDT to pay. Hopefully the AUD will have risen by then.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Ok so I took a photo of my TF and SW display wall to share. I don't have all my TF or SW out, just the newer stuff.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Awesome display!

Update on my AUD/YEN dilemma: It's gone below 84 cents! yen (I'm dumb it's yen. I think) Fffff!!!

EDIT: Ugh! Why does SOC GX-70 Mazinger have to be so tempting!

If it wasn't for the fact that it's being released next month I might order it. But I'm way too strapped for cash to do so.

I mean, I could buy it as I current have enough funds for it, but then I wouldn't have the funds for my February releases

EDIT2: FUCK! I gave in. Now I'm poor again :mad:

EDIT3: Well I paid for my SOC Golion, but the exchange rate was still shit, made worse by paypal's bs fees.

But hey. At least I'll be getting my DX VF-31J and SOC Golion next month.

EDIT4: Wow the AUD/YEN went back down to 83.9 yen. I guess I should be glad I paid for it went I did. Still would have preferred paying for SOC Golion when tht currency was yen yesterday. Actually I wish the AUD would be around 100 yen, but that hasn't happened since the financial crisis I think.

EDIT5: Boo! I just found out that my order won't even be shipped until Jan 5. But I want my toys noooowwwww~!

EDIT6: Crap! I had completely forgotten about Fans-hobby Archenemy! Damn you SOC Mazinger! Oh well, I guess I can just wait for reviews to see if it's still worth buying. From what I understand these guys are a new third party company so the quality could be crap. One day I'll get my MP style RID Scourge. One day...

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Soundwave, looks like the rest of the world can finally bask in the single-SKU glory that I and those lucky few who managed to get a TRU MP Soundwave have basked in for some time now.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12406&mode=retail

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    No TF or gunpla for me for Christmas this year, but I've been so busy I haven't even had a chance to break out TR Astro Train.

• Options
    So glad I got my TRU Soundwave when it was being sold in Australia years ago.

Having all the main cassette cons included was such a major plus!

And for about $170 AUD too! Now days something like this would be like $299 AUD at TRU Aus!

It's pretty perfect from the visor's paint being too thin and giving him googly eyes, and the door (?) hinge having a bit of a stress mark from first use. And yeah I guess Rumble and Frenzy always getting stuck inside Soundwave is also kind of a bummer. But it's Soundwave, and Soundwave's superior!

Also, I'm finding it hard not ordering Archenemy. I saw some production pics on TFW and I want it so bad! But waiting until reviews really is the best bet here, because I know I'll hate myself if I get it and it breaks due to poor quality.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    143999 wrote: »
    Speaking of Soundwave, looks like the rest of the world can finally bask in the single-SKU glory that I and those lucky few who managed to get a TRU MP Soundwave have basked in for some time now.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK12406&mode=retail

For only twice as much!

So far the only thing I've only out of those toys is Maketoys Rioter Despotron. It's really good. It wasn't even on my radar until I started seeing pictures of it. It was only $80 so it's relatively affordable and it ended up being bigger than I thought, around 8-9" I think. Recommended! Not getting Striker Manus but definitely getting the Nemesis version now.

• Options
    So, if anyone else was holding out on getting the big 18" tall Cherno Alpha until it was cheaper, BBTS has it for $60 bucks. Plus S&H of course.
    They've got one less now. Merry Christmas, From: me, To: me.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC12510&mode=retail

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Guys this thread need more pictures.

Pictures of Spider-man.

3728Jsp.jpg?1

But also to frequent third party tf buyers: How often do you come across a new third party figure that has bad quality.

Fans-hobby seems pretty new and MB-01 Archenemy is their first release.

Am I crazy for wanting to wait until reviews before trying to get this? I'd hate to miss out on the current price, but I'd also hate to get a shit toy that almost costs $200AUD shipped.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular

For only twice as much!

Where did you find MP Soundwave and 5 cassettes for $80?

8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    Oh nevermind it retailed for $120.

My memory isn't what it used to be.

• Options
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Here's a pic of my recent toys btw

qayx1bC.jpg?1

I was looking at Inferno the other day and ralized something. Where does the ladder go when he is transformed? Does it come off?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

qayx1bC.jpg?1

I was looking at Inferno the other day and ralized something. Where does the ladder go when he is transformed? Does it come off?
    Duuuuuudde!

It is the best thing ever!

The ladder FOLDS up INSIDE his chest!

And the back looks clean and covered. I'll have to take a pic of it sometime.

Highly recommend picking it up.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options

qayx1bC.jpg?1

Duuuuuudde!

It is the best thing ever!

The ladder FOLDS up INSIDE his chest!

And the back looks clean and covered. I'll have to take a pic of it sometime.

Highly recommend picking it up.

Oh yes please!

Damnit, he might have been elevated from a, "would neat to have" to a, "must buy when I have the funds".

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Pic of the back.

vGfXghS.jpg?1

All of that ladder, folded up. You can only sort of see it from the front window in the previous pic, but even then it's too blurry to identify.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Holy cow!!! So the white in the window of the cab is the ladder??? Ok yeah I so need to get Inferno now. Makes me wonder how they will make Grapple work.

I'm guessing that it also extends like the original did?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    This is how far the ladder goes

QaIDaMi.png?1

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    Wow. That is some insane engineering there. Yep now I want one... Thanks for the pictures and posts!

On another note I just got my MP Soundwave in the mail. Well technically he arrived on Saturday night but the moron USPS person never rang and I didn't know that he was sitting on my porch. Originally when BBTS shipped FedEx said that the arrival date was the 9th (they shipped smartpost which is FedEx then hands off to USPS for the last leg). I kept on checking the tracking up till that Friday and it kept on showing the 9th. I looked for the mail on Saturday evening and there wasn't any so just guessed that we didn't get any mail that day. It also just so happened we had a nasty storm blow through from Saturday night through Sunday evening. I just happened to check my tracking at Sunday night and saw it said delivered. Looked outside and there was the box drenched with rain from the wind. I panicked and brought it inside. Luckily BBTS wrapped him in a super bubble wrap that kept him dry. I still haven't had the time to open it up yet, but want to check to make sure he is indeed ok.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Congrats on getting MP Soundwave. I recommend not putting in I think the Rumble/Frenzy (or Ravage?) cassettes in Soundwave as they WILL get stuck. I think they're either slightly too big or a certain part get caught.

MP Inferno is a definite must. Do try to get it if you can.

Also my parcel is going to be stuck at a post office for the next couple days because it arrived today while I was attending a funeral.

I tried taking a taxi to the post office afterwards but it hadn't arrived yet. So that was a waste of $36. Can't go in the morning tomorrow because it arrives at the post office for collection at 12pm. I could try taking another taxi in the afternoon, but I think instead I'll go Thursday morning.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I got my ZSS a while back, forgot to post pics.

http://imgur.com/a/IF0x5

• Options
    Congrats on getting MP Soundwave. I recommend not putting in I think the Rumble/Frenzy (or Ravage?) cassettes in Soundwave as they WILL get stuck. I think they're either slightly too big or a certain part get caught.

Also my parcel is going to be stuck at a post office for the next couple days because it arrived today while I was attending a funeral.

I tried taking a taxi to the post office afterwards but it hadn't arrived yet. So that was a waste of $36. Can't go in the morning tomorrow because it arrives at the post office for collection at 12pm. I could try taking another taxi in the afternoon, but I think instead I'll go Thursday morning.

Thanks for the warning, I'll avoid putting them in there then. I love when you miss a package delivery due to life (and then have to have the pain of trying to get it from them).
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I got my ZSS a while back, forgot to post pics.

http://imgur.com/a/IF0x5

That looks really awesome. So guessing that her suit is actually a suit that she can put on and not just a head swap?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Ah, maybe I should have mentioned that. It's two different figures, and they have different head joints - the ZSS head is just sort of precariously sitting in the socket on the varia suit, not attached.

• Options
    Aww bummer. Although it looks really good with you just placing her head there.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Ah, maybe I should have mentioned that. It's two different figures, and they have different head joints - the ZSS head is just sort of precariously sitting in the socket on the varia suit, not attached.

That is the dumbest shit, why would they not design it with the headswap in mind?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options

That is the dumbest shit, why would they not design it with the headswap in mind?

Because then the ZSS figure would be even smaller in relation to the armor (compare the height of the head to the armor helmet) and more people would ask how she fits into the armor.
    Completely disregarding the fact that nobody asks how that walking tank is able to compress itself to the size of a basketball to sneak through tunnels, or where she fits 200 missiles or infinite bombs or any of the other really fun game play related mechanics that make the game what it is.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Because then the ZSS figure would be even smaller in relation to the armor (compare the height of the head to the armor helmet) and more people would ask how she fits into the armor.
    Completely disregarding the fact that nobody asks how that walking tank is able to compress itself to the size of a basketball to sneak through tunnels, or where she fits 200 missiles or infinite bombs or any of the other really fun game play related mechanics that make the game what it is.

I don't really think that's a valid excuse. Based on Delzhand's photo, the head looks fine on it, who cares if it's not proportional to the helmet. It's such an obvious feature to exclude. Hopefully the next Samus they're putting out will allow it.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    well, the reason is that on ZSS, the neck is a sculpted part of the torso. The actual joint is far up in there, level with the eyes. While on the varia, it's a larger ball joint and the connection is down on the torso and there's no neck to speak of. In fact, the head on the varia doesn't seem like it's actually supposed to come off at all, it's not one of those universal figma joints.

FHTqVmr.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2017

Thanks for the warning, I'll avoid putting them in there then. I love when you miss a package delivery due to life (and then have to have the pain of trying to get it from them).
    ?
    I really can't stress enough that you should absolutely avoid putting Rumble and Frenzy in Soundwave. They'll get stuck, which might lead to you trying to force them out and possibly straining the door hinge.

EDIT: Picked up my parcel from the post office. Had to take another taxi with meant I had to pay $42AUD! Fffff!!!!!

The good news is I now have SOul of Chogokin Golion/Voltron and DX Chogokin VF-31J.

Only opened Voltron because it was the fastest to combine and take a quick photo.

42lPsni.jpg?1

The black lion is surprisingly lithe looking. The stock photos only seem to show it from the front or while it's sitting, which means the focus is mostly on it's buff front legs, but from the side, especially with the waist extended, it looks slim.

I won't be taking it apart though for pics of the individual lions though, because I really like this pose I have in in.

I'll try to take pics of the VF-31J either tonight or tomorrow.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    This thread needs more nostalgia.

Remember the Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad show?

I didn't because I never watched it.

But as a kid I did own these guys

Electro Grid Servo

SaV7oFV.jpg?1

Synchro

k7AvIba.jpg

And the two could combine to form this motherfucker

4pGzEIU.jpg?1

Back in the day these toys were the shit for me. They had a surprising amount of articulation as well!

Sadly they broke and were thrown away.

The origianl version of the show in Japan was called Gridman I think. So I guess these guys will be my next SOC holy grail after I get the Daizyujin and Caesar (because of course that thing is going to be made eventually.)

E: Also I'll try to post pics of DX Chogokin VF-31J tonight if I have time to open it up.

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    I had so many odd Japanes figure and robots growing up, but never heard of this one. I love the articulation on it though. Does the shell transform as well?

How are the Chogokin Valkyrie jets? I saw them but just couldn't justify collecting more toys.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I used to have the base set guys: Servo, Drago, and Xenon, can't get to them now :(

• Options
    I had so many odd Japanes figure and robots growing up, but never heard of this one. I love the articulation on it though. Does the shell transform as well?

I'm pretty sure it splits apart into three vehicles.
    Some kind of drill tank (you can see the drills forming the upper legs in robot mode and shoulders when combined) and a jet judging by the kibble on the chest/pelvis. I think the third vehicle was another tank, but could be wrong on that one.

This discussion has been closed.