As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Go Font Yourself

124»

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I thought it'd be messy too, but so far I haven't made a mess of things. I'm sure it's just a matter of time though

JtgVX0H.png
  • godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    It is barely hanging on to legibility
    U1aql55l.jpg

• PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    DMAC wrote: »
    I'm interested in trying some fancy cursive script but I feel like a dip pen would only lead to tears. Almost every time I've tried inking with a brush or dip pen I've managed to make a mess.

What nibs have you tried?

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    It's been a while... I pretty much gave up after the first dozen or so accidents. I finally used a brush a few times on my Inktober drawings without incident so maybe there's hope.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    @#pipe this just reminds me that I have yet to use those nibs you guys got me last year.

Fuck.

I am so afraid.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    It's been a while... I pretty much gave up after the first dozen or so accidents. I finally used a brush a few times on my Inktober drawings without incident so maybe there's hope.

The speedballs they sell at michaels are crap, and all calligraphy steel nibs need to be cleaned with toothpaste or a potato or whatever or they won't flow right. And thicker, pricier glass-smooth paper definitely helps.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    @#pipe this just reminds me that I have yet to use those nibs you guys got me last year.

Fuck.

I am so afraid.

Fear is the mind killer

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Tonkka wrote: »

Fuck.

I am so afraid.

Fear is the mind killer

He hit him so hard he look like a homemade tattoo.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Paladin wrote: »
    Did you guys know that Pilot used to be (and still is) a boutique pen company? In order to survive, most pen companies have had to branch into cheap office pen lines, but Pilot/Namiki still has a strong fountain and specialty pen offering.

in the video I posted, the guy is using Pilot parallel pens, which are pretty rad, tho I use mine for drawing and not writing

here's a half-assed attempt on too-thin paper
    bncazp44y8hi.jpg

uc3ufTB.png
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    It's been a drinking night! My writing is surprisingly legible, all things considered
    EpjurGQ.jpg

Rainfall on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    One of my students' mother has incredible handwriting. When they turned in forms last year I thought it had been scanned and typed. I have her write names on certificates and stuff now.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    pretty sure being lefthanded sorta fucked the development of my handwriting

also I write as slow as BALLS, so note taking in class turned into ink scribbles that often stained my hand

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    dysgraphia is a hell of a thing

can't hold a pencil or a pen for over three minutes without intense pain

and my handwriting will always look like a second grader's

and it also means drawing is something I will literally never be able to learn, which sucks

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I have never been taught printing, I only ever learned cursive. I still can't actually print certain letters, I just do the cursive version while leaving off the connectors, if that makes sense.

I'm 35 btw.

Also I'm pretty sure I'm actually left handed but my early day care and school teachers believed in training that out of people. So my writing is pretty bad in general.

Grobian on
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    It is barely hanging on to legibility
    U1aql55l.jpg

This is basically where my handwriting is!

VayBJ4e.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Trace wrote: »
    Yeah no, me and Bowen live in the same area. People literally can't read cursive around here if they're under the age of 40 basically.

If you don't believe us come take a trip to scenic central NY. Just make sure to wear your requisite "Make America Great Again" hat.

I was wondering, as I'm from eastern NY (duchess county) and I had a solid block of cursive learning from like 2nd to 4th grade (just graduated college earlier this year, for age reference). But obviously I haven't used it in a long time, and I also just don't write very much as a compsci student, so... the attempt I just made at writing cursive did not go well. I can read it, though!

Here's a sample of my print:
    0xcIaAp.jpg

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    20161230_113138_zpspm4tkrql_edit_1483126985573_zpsna8il4dv.jpg

Yeah my handwriting is fine, it's what my brain compels my hand to write is the problem

Metalbourne on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Bored at work, let's inflict my handwriting on people!
    azlZb0A.jpg?1

It's so bad!

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    20161230_113138_zpspm4tkrql_edit_1483126985573_zpsna8il4dv.jpg

Yeah my handwriting is fine, it's what my brain compels my hand to write is the problem

Hey if I make a joke about my mental health issues, it is totally okay to like and awesome. I feel like places like tumblr and whatnot have actually left me in a lot better shape by not only teaching me about these things but working to normalize them and reduce the stigma surrounding them.

Also, sheer statistics tell me that I'm not the only one sitting here hearing things that aren't here and thinking thoughts that feel like they've been put there by someone else. I want people to know that it is completely okay to be hearing guitar solos from Boston songs for three hours straight or having your thoughts interrupted by the final jeopardy music.

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    I uploaded a super exciting video of myself printing to Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/197650802

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    My handwriting has been poor as long as I can remember. I pretty much stopped trying to do cuts e when I was in high school, except my signature, and it's probably the prettiest thing I write.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    I uploaded a super exciting video of myself printing to Vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/197650802

I'm fairly certain that that is exactly what a flesh covered robotic endo-skeleton would say when trying to convince the world that it was not, in fact, a robot seeking to cause mayhem to the timeline.

Granted, I'm not certain how penmanship mastery would disrupt the future human resistance, but I'm not putting it completely out of the realm of possibility.