As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Internet Radio [Podcasts]

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    If I am to be punished for the pursuit of science, call my ass galileo galilei

PNk1Ml4.png
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    remember how all year long everyone pointed and laughed at how the entire republican party was commiting political suicide by backing a man who could never in a million years ever hope to win the election and oh my god why are you acting nervous about him getting elected stop dragging down the party there is literally no reason to be even a little bit concerned that he might win

I was one of those people and while I may have been wrong about the future, at least I spent the last few months before the election with some hopeful optimism instead of destroying my stomach lining with dread and stress.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I spent entirely too long making this twitter thread

Do it

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    If I am to be punished for the pursuit of science, call my ass galileo galilei

And call my balls Newton's Cradle

• masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

Hey have we talked about how good this was? It was very good

masterofmetroid on
  • replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I finished listening to today's episode of Totally Reprise while I died in Metroid Prime Hunters, so here's stuff that I wrote
    "Hello everyone, welcome to Let... noooo."
    "like yeah, sure, Ashley and Molly plushies, whatever." "Oh God, I wish." "I... I don't know if I wish."
    I kind of want an I Heart Travels shirt, but no one would understand it, and I haven't actually been anywhere
    "I just have to stand naked on a table in front of a bunch of people I don't know, but that's just Tuesday."
    "I have. More followers. Than the Pixar Cars account."
    Yuri on Ice is really good
    "The Tracer that was gay was the friends we made along the way."
    "Tick tock, Big Ben, I love my girl."
    "Toblerone has, apparently, a potent nut."
    "It's true that we did not see Bastion, but it's understandable, he was off fuckin."
    "Our hatred of Jerry overwhelms our hatred of Clover." At least you're sort of on the right side
    "They saw Kim Possible, and they were like, Monkey Fist... Monkey Fist... what if we have one named Horse Face?"
    "No more vibrating tits. Not in this series. They cost too much money."
    "He's like, I'm tired of being a twink."
    "Does she have access to all the cameras?" "I think so." "That is power Clover should not have."
    "But now she's super excited because she has the date, because David didn't say no, he just said fuck off"
    "And then Alex gets kidnapped, immediately, the second they turn around"
    "Every time they move, they make the whip noise." "Oh, so it's a Johnny Test episode, okay." What the fuck is the deal with that show
    "She has pictures of people in bondage gear, like, for the aesthetic." "Yes, Clover, for the aesthetic."
    "So this dude has 100% killed people, right?" "Oh yes, every single day."
    "So I missed him saying queen tree, and so later on they just kept saying it's the queen, I'm like wait, what?" The same thing happened to me, it was very confusing
    "They find Alex, she miraculously has not been covered in any goo, which is weird, because I figured they'd go for it."
    Fuck, Legend of Korra ripped off Totally Spies, I can't believe it
    "No plant girls, 0/10, get the fuck away from me, this episode sucks."
    "Okay, number one, you can't get kicked out of WOOHP for being too murdery."
    "So that iPod Video, I charged it up, and it works." I didn't expect that subplot to pay off.
    "Alex Alone"
    "Uh, does anyone know how to turn off an iPod Video?"

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Waypoint's fan stuff is pretty cute.

I wonder about the legality of a bigish outlet like VICE generating revenue involving other companies' intellectual properties like that, though.

We live in the weird world with companies sustaining themselves by posting hours and hours of gameplay, but for some reason a company producing their own fiction with accompanying illustrations seems like it could break bad to me.

ChicoBlue on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I imagine any undertaking of that size gets run through VICE's legal team. It's not like Waypoint is flying solo, or like VICE is new to walking the edge of legality.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    VICE Legal Team: ... I mean... I guess... Just don't do anything with Disney properties. Seriously. NOTHING with Disney.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    NO NOT EVEN A FUCKING ELSA DRAWING WE SWEAR TO GOD.

Okay hear me out.

Donald and Goofy use the Gummi Ship to reach Traverse Town, where Sora has drifted. As Sora meets Donald and Goofy, they travel to each world in order to find Mickey, Kairi and Riku. In various Disney-inspired worlds, Sora discovers that the Keyblade also locks to seal "Keyholes" to prevent the Heartless from covering the world into darkness. Meanwhile, a group of Disney villains led by Maleficent seeks out the seven Princesses of Hearts to unlock the final keyhole that leads to "Kingdom Hearts".

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    sounds awesome

how can we ruin it by adding final fantasy characters into it

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    sounds awesome

how can we ruin it by adding final fantasy characters into it

Add final fantasy characters into it.

If you want to see the face of god, draw the web of all the alternate versions of characters in a homestuck/kingdom Hearts crossover

PNk1Ml4.png
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    142e36ccfc24bb313de8a8a14e32413a.jpg
    Hmmm, yes i approve

• Grey_ChocolateGrey_Chocolate Registered User regular
    Who is the blonde woman in the second last drawing?

Hitting the broken computer does not fix the broken computer. Fixing the broken computer, fixes the broken computer.
    I believe that's "sans undertale"

PNk1Ml4.png
    The detail that John is the only one that keeps the goofy clown shoes is actually amazing

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be Heather as played by Matt from the Best Friends' playthrough of Silent Hill 3.

uyvfOQy.png
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular

Hey have we talked about how good this was? It was very good

Just smoking that halfling leaf with a Gnoll while reading the Constitution buried under a burning museum no big

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    while you were doing odd jobs in Twilight Town, I studied the keyblade

uc3ufTB.png
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    This year's CBB Best Ofs have some poor picks

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    The goddess from Refuge I think.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    "It's really hard to spill Dippin' Dots, because you eat it so fast that it's all gone before you have a chance to" -Rileigh Smirl

What I really like about blue apron is that the portion sizes are so big that there's always leftovers - Travis mcelroy

Uh, heads up no there isn't - Justin mcelroy

PNk1Ml4.png
    Griffin's confirmation of "So you free the orc boy from the cage?" is so god damn sinister in retrospect.

Also that none of them had played enough D&D to read the implicit threat in that question.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    What I really like about blue apron is that the portion sizes are so big that there's always leftovers - Travis mcelroy

Uh, heads up no there isn't - Justin mcelroy

I tried blue apron out and the food was pretty good but the idea that there'd be leftovers from that portion sizes baffles me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This year's CBB Best Ofs have some poor picks

I love Thomas Middleditch and I love Jason Mantzoukas but that episode with the two of them is one of the least-funny CBBs I've ever heard

6F32U1X.png
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Goofs aside, the McElroys' overenthusiastic sales pitches make me legit uncomfortable

Travis is ten times worse with this than the others

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Considering people had to sign paperwork just to appear on Waypoint's 72 hour livestream I think Vice's legal team probably has their end of the year stuff free and clear.

Lasbrook on
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Goofs aside, the McElroys' overenthusiastic sales pitches make me legit uncomfortable

Guys this $100 underwear is going to change. Your. Life.

I mean, I know they're just reading off a sheet for the most part, but whenever they say some of this shit "affordable" or "great value" it's just the most transparently ridiculous shit. The products and services you're advertising are the most middle class bullshit imaginable. Where can you possibly get off calling meals that cost more than ten bucks a portion "great value".

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
    I don't know. That's just sales right? If you can't get excited about the product how are you gonna convince someone else to buy it.

"We're getting paid to sell you this underwear it's pretty OK shrug" doesn't seem like good way to keep getting that ad contract

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    "We're getting paid to sell you this underwear it's pretty OK shrug" doesn't seem like good way to keep getting that ad contract

"I mean it's definitely not a good deal, but you should buy it anyway"

6F32U1X.png
    It's just really obvious that Travis is, uh...

lying.

Side note

Mrs chilla got me a pair of meundies for xmas and I'm actively angry at how amazingly comfortable they are because it means I want more of them

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Travis always sounds the most like he's just reading the copy to me

I'm not really sure how you would like them to do their advertisements?

Like, Jeff Gerstmann does the same thing

That it can be read as sarcastic doesn't change the fact that he is telling you these things he probably doesn't care about are the best thing ever

That's how they stay afloat

This discussion has been closed.