As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Digital Card Games] – Finally, a Morrowind sequel

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Far as I'm aware it's just sitting there, I opened some packs when it came out but didn't really do anything with it. I'll check in a bit.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    You'll have your spectral oak if nothing else, which is a pretty hard to acquire commodity. Plus rando packs and rares that'd be useful for PvE, even if the sets have rotated out of standard. Also, since they're adding mercenaries with AZ2, the kickstarter mercs will probably have value.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    A Hearthstone expansion came out today!

But fuck that, it's the Duelyst winter event!

Complete 15 quests in december and you'll get 100 gold for a booster pack, and some cosmetics!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Spoilers beginning for the next Duelyst set

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    I think I still have a humble bundle code for...something...from duelyst.

Is that worth anything to anyone? I don't think I'm going to be using it. Tried duelyst for a bit and didn't dislike it, but didn't keep playing it, either.

• Options
    Hex updates:

https://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-hark-now-the-bells/

Flashback tournaments allowing playing Shards of Fate and Shattered Destiny in evolving gauntlet. (Evo gauntlet wasn't around when those were current sets.)

Re-re-confirmation that Adventure Zone 2 drops December 6, bringing a PvE campaign based around managing the resources of sailing your ship to the campaign exploration function. Mercenaries are also being added here, which will be really interesting since mercenaries heavily impact campaign play.

Descriptions of the UI improvements, like allowing you to open multiple chests at one time, sort equipment better, etc.

And they're finally adding draft gauntlet as well. We already have sealed and evo gauntlet, as well as traditional draft, so now we'll have that Hearthstone-esque draft gauntlet.

I needed a gnome: your unopened packs will be at a peak value right now compared to other times, since they're rotated out of standard but will have a function during the flashback drafts.

• Options
    Woo, the Adventure Zone 2 servers are open in Hex. Kickstarter folks got ?something? not sure what yet!

As expected, so many people are logging in that it dunked the servers. I'll log in tonight to give it a shot. I'm looking forward to trying the new ranger class, which should be pretty great with red/green elf decks. The last set had some real aggro elf cards in red that stepped things up.

• Options
    Man, Hex is nuts. Imagine it as basically magic. Now put a PvE campaign on it where you have a character with some extra abilities and consistent progression. Oh, also account levels that improve some other stuff.

Alright, now you're in the campaign, and you dive into a dungeon. You have three lives (three losses) to complete the dungeon with your deck. But sometimes these dungeons have some really janky PvE decks to face against that require you to build specifically to counter them. Well, so now you also have mercenaries, unlockable "extra characters" that support your character in the dungeon. Each of those mercs has its own deck, too.

I took a Shroomkin mercenary into a dungeon with me and used him on the final boss. (Using them on certain encounters unlocks extra stuff too.) This shroomkin deck is all about these sentient mushroom slaves that have rebelled against their Shin'hare masters (evil Imperial Japan bunny rabbits.) Anyway, the deck is blood/emerald/sapphire (black, green, blue in magic).

The main tech of this deck is about weenie shrooms that you sacrifice. I have one mushroom that, when it dies, creats another weenie mushroom. Coincidentally, if it's in your graveyard and you summon another mushroom, it has a 50% chance to come back into play. Also, when it dies you draw a card which gets -2 cost. I have four or five of them out. So my opponent plays a global effect that reduces all my creatures toughness by 1. This reduces my suicide mushrooms toughness to 0, which is an effect that persists even after cycling through the graveyard. So I infinitely cycle mushrooms into my graveyard, summoning relacements, which then trigger the graveyard guys to come back, but they die from having 0 toughness. This goes on till I deck myself. Ha, whoops.

The next game I made sure to get them to toughness two to avoid a repeat.

• Options
    http://www.pcgamer.com/duelysts-next-expansion-is-out-this-week-take-a-look-at-six-new-cards/

Duelyst's expansion is coming out this week! For $20 you get a playset of all 39 cards, or you can get playsets 3 at a time randomly with 300 gold.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    I kind of hope they stick with that financial model for future sets.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    is there a way to get going fast in dueylst

Like a referal program?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    http://imgur.com/jeGUGD4

grime street paladin can be fun

next turn he coined malygos and prep fanned :(

• Options
    is there a way to get going fast in dueylst

Like a referal program?
    There's a referral program, but I'm not sure how much it gets you.

My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • Options
    I bought into Solforge back in the day. I know some folks still play that, and there's a trade/not trade system there. Anyone have any Hex stuff they'd want to trade me for my Solforge trade/nottrade stuff?

• Options
    https://duelyst.com/rise-of-the-bloodborn

DUEEEELYSSSST CAAAARDS GOOOOO

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Sunbreaker is Orstein as hell

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Is Duelyst ever coming out for phones?

• Options
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Is Duelyst ever coming out for phones?

A mobile release for Duelyst is planned for Q1 2017, assuming nothing catastrophic happens in their offices.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I will probably get back into duelyst when and if they ever release the mobile version, honestly

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Make sure to play some Hex for the Christmas stuff.

Sleeves:
    21fbf6311c1077e5b3097c754d346d.png

Dungeon Completion PvE Card:
    8ea3a7df8131b22d9833d38e21a9ad.png

PvP tournament AA card:
    ed3fbf0e93c0c1fead48ce6ccdd896.png

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I started playing duelyst this week

It's real fun

Songhai rules

I beat @Bluedude152 like 3 times in a row, that was pretty cool

• Options
    let me know if you guys start getting deep enough in that you're like "alright, for reals though, what's the shit i should craft first, fuck trying to figure this shit out"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    There was a Shadowverse expansion! Apparently every card game wants you to play them this December.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    let me know if you guys start getting deep enough in that you're like "alright, for reals though, what's the shit i should craft first, fuck trying to figure this shit out"

so far i'm pretty satsified with the results i'm getting with "Play Songhai" -> "stuff every goddamn ranged minion i have into the deck"

• Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Solforge has announced they are shutting down. Which, I guess, frees up a lot of my time?
    This is a very difficult announcement for us to make. The journey to create SolForge began more than 5 years ago when I had the privilege of working with Richard Garfield and an incredibly talented team on the initial vision of bringing trading card games properly into the digital age.

Thanks to backing from fans and years of hard work, we launched SolForge in August of 2013, and continued to support and build this amazing community for more than 3 years. Thousands of players have enjoyed millions of games. That is an amazing milestone that few games will ever reach. Our community has always been incredibly warm, welcoming, and one of the best I’ve ever seen in my 20 years in the gaming industry.

Everyone here at Stone Blade is honored to have been a part of this journey. Unfortunately, that journey is coming to an end. As of today, we are ceasing development of new content for the current implementation of SolForge. We will continue to maintain the servers through the end of January 31, 2017. This isn’t the way any of us wanted SolForge to end. Unfortunately, we bit off more than we could chew trying to build a digital game of this scope and have learned many hard lessons along the way that we will apply to future games (including future incarnations of SolForge).

I want to apologize to anyone who is disappointed by this decision and let you know that we poured our hearts, souls, pocketbooks, and years of our lives into the success of SolForge. We remain passionate about the SolForge community and we are not done exploring the world of Solis. We are also speaking with potential partners who may be able to take over the SolForge IP and remain hopeful that SolForge will return one day, better than ever.

Thank you for being a part of this community and for allowing us the opportunity to bring this vision to light.

-Justin Gary

CEO Stone Blade Entertainment

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Man, son of a fuck. I never did figure out what to do with the solforge account I kickstarted and quickly tired of. Heh.

Will any stand-alone, single player functionality work? It's not a terrible ipad app.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    Aww that's a real bummer. I played a bit of solforge last year and it's a very cool game.

• Options
    Wow, yeah. I logged into Solforge to say goodbye and they came a long way with it. The original client was so so, but the one they're shutting down with is actually not bad.

• Options
    Alright, Solforge saying goodbye has me wanting to play Duelyst for whatever reason. I tried Eternal and found it kind of meh, though a bunch of people have said it's just that the tutorial/campaign decks are garbo?

Duelyst. I'm way behind on Duelyst.

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    duelyst is pretty great

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Is there someone who'd be willing to play me friend v friend in Duelyst so I can just knock that achievement out? IGN is Lonenut.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    @Darkewolfe I can battle you in some Duelyst if you no one's challenge you yet. I'll send you a friend request in a sec.

• Options
    Woo! Thanks, hopefully I'll catch you on.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    Shadowverse is good
    C9mbYFR.jpg

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Man, son of a fuck. I never did figure out what to do with the solforge account I kickstarted and quickly tired of. Heh.

Will any stand-alone, single player functionality work? It's not a terrible ipad app.

No, offline single player was removed with the move to the new Unity based client. Some fans are working on making an offline client, hope Solforge can be preserved in some small way.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    So I'm going to give Shadowverse a try. Is there anything I should know before jumping into it?

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    Research the deck you want, you can reroll until you get most of the good stuff before you link your account

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So my buddies convinced me to try out a game called astral heroes. There are some mechanics in here, I'm sure of it, you just need to grind out games not only to get cards, but to get the ability to have better cards in your deck. I think you can create some interesting decks if I had access to everything, but I don't know if I want to keep chugging on it to get it all.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    SLyM wrote: »
    So my buddies convinced me to try out a game called astral heroes. There are some mechanics in here, I'm sure of it, you just need to grind out games not only to get cards, but to get the ability to have better cards in your deck. I think you can create some interesting decks if I had access to everything, but I don't know if I want to keep chugging on it to get it all.

that certainly sounds like A Card Game

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg