As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

XBOX One Netflix App Error NW-2-5. Can't Get Netflix to Work.

AtaxrxesAtaxrxes HellnationCursed EarthRegistered User regular
Hi everybody. I recently moved and got a new router/modem. I still have Xfinity for my internet provider which was the provider I was using at my last residence. After the moved I fired up my Xbox One and had to do a system update as I had not had time to use it for a few weeks (what with the packing and the moving and the whatnots.) Eventually I got around to trying to use the Netflix app but no dice. It will not start. I get the error NW-2-5 every time. Some mumbo jumbo about it not being able to connect or something. Well, here's the thing. Everything else is working just fine. HBO Now. Fine. Youtube. Fine. Amazon Video. Fine. Multiplayer. Fine. Xbox One Store...well, you get the idea. Believe me when I say that I have tried every possible remedy short of nuking my Xbox Drive and starting from scratch. Netflix just will not start. Oh, one other thing. Netflix works just fine on all of our other devices. I have been in contact with everyone except Microsoft because I do not have hours spare in my day to be on customer service calls and just haven't had time. Judging by the response I got from Xfinity and Netflix I'm not holding my breath that they would be of help anyway.

My question to you is: Does anybody have any idea how I can get Netflix working on my Xbox One again without formatting the drive?

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    You've said you tried everything, that includes deleting and reinstalling the netflix app right?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    And doing a hard reset on the console? For some reason that seems to be the end all solution when it comes to problems on the One.

Edit: and literally right after I typed this response I had a similar issue on my FireTV. A quick uninstall/re-install did the trick if you haven't already tried that.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I have had this happen with Netflix as well as other streaming apps.

For whatever reason, the application doesn't think you're actually connected to xbox live. Though the service doesn't require gold membership anymore, it does require you be signed in to live. The only solution I could find wasn't actually that bad, just manually sign out, turn off the xbox, turn it back on and sign in to xbox live. I've had this happen 3-4 times after updates between HBO GO, Netflix and Amazon Prime. It's always the same fix for me.

Edit: It should be noted I reinstalled the application multiple times, turned the thing off and unplugged it for an hour, all the stuff I could think of before noticing the normal advertisements and shit from xbox weren't actually there as expected. Even though my friends list was working and it acted like I was signed in. It's literally just the app going "Oh hey, you're not on live, no video for you!"

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    AtaxrxesAtaxrxes Hellnation Cursed EarthRegistered User regular
    Yep, uninstalled, reinstalled, signed out, signed back in, etc. Maybe I should sign out and create a different profile and then try signing back in and see if that does anything. I've even gone so far as to change the DNS settings but that didn't do anything either. When you say "hard reset" does that mean I would need to reinstall everything like games etc. after that?

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Ataxrxes wrote: »
    Yep, uninstalled, reinstalled, signed out, signed back in, etc. Maybe I should sign out and create a different profile and then try signing back in and see if that does anything. I've even gone so far as to change the DNS settings but that didn't do anything either. When you say "hard reset" does that mean I would need to reinstall everything like games etc. after that?

By "hard reset" I just mean turning the console off, unplugging it from the power source for about 10 seconds, and plugging it back in and turning it back on.

When you just select to shut off the One itself it usually just goes into sleep mode, so for some reason just doing a hard shutoff (probably a better phrase for it than the one I originally used) solves a lot of problems I've run into on the console.

• Options
    Okay cool. I'm pretty sure I did that as well but I'm going to go home tonight, delete the Netflix app, turn it off, unplug it for a minute then reinstall Netflix and see what happens. If that doesn't work I don't know what, I guess I have to bite the bullet and call MS.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.