As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to [chat], magicians

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    @SniperGuy are you the guy in the utilikilt at this restaurant

I do not own a utilikilt!

Why would you wear that to a restaurant

He's lying!

You think I wouldn't post the majesty of my hairy knees if it were true?!

I have an amazing picture of someone at DCC trying one on. They have their kilt on and their pants are just pooled around their ankles.

But I do not own one.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    shryke wrote: »
    TLC has a show called "Too Fat To Transition".

It is about exactly what you think it is.

Jesus Christ TLC, you are fucked up.

semi-related

my uncle and his wife decided to have a kid and they went to their doctor to ask about what they should keep in mind. and one of the things he did was strongly advise my uncle's wife to lose weight before conceiving. she was pretty morbidly obese. i guess a bunch of extra weight puts the mom or baby (or both? idk) at additional risk of complications. anyway she lost some weight and had the baby. it's the one whose first birthday party i'm flying home for next week.

but when that was relayed to me i was struck by how unbelievably mortifying that is. pregnancy makes you bigger and still she had her doctor tell her 'you're too fat to make life'. good lord.

TLC has a show called "My 600 lbs Life". Maybe a few others just like it too, I don't keep too much track honestly.

It is absolutely the most soul-crushingly depressing thing you will ever see on television.

Just my god.

shryke on
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh I solved mysteries and my watchful skyrocketed to 54 from low 40s

It was easy.

My persuasive has not been such a pleasant grind I just keep writing about Jack the Ripper and my drug escapades

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

I'm dying

this is fucking priceless

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

semi-related

my uncle and his wife decided to have a kid and they went to their doctor to ask about what they should keep in mind. and one of the things he did was strongly advise my uncle's wife to lose weight before conceiving. she was pretty morbidly obese. i guess a bunch of extra weight puts the mom or baby (or both? idk) at additional risk of complications. anyway she lost some weight and had the baby. it's the one whose first birthday party i'm flying home for next week.

but when that was relayed to me i was struck by how unbelievably mortifying that is. pregnancy makes you bigger and still she had her doctor tell her 'you're too fat to make life'. good lord.

TLC has a show called "My 600 lbs Life". Maybe a few others just like it too, I don't keep too much track honestly.

It is absolutely the most soul-crushingly depressing thing you will ever see on television.

Just my god.

*takes the stairs*

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I took my parents to the dog park

I was an embarrassed kid again cause they will babble to anyone and it was so weird

Except this very cute girl they got to come join us and I'm like nah mom nah I can't

• Options
    Mom is a good wing woman though. I coulda had them digits.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

I was an embarrassed kid again cause they will babble to anyone and it was so weird

Except this very cute girl they got to come join us and I'm like nah mom nah I can't

Come back later by yourself with the doge to get the digits.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    Her dog was named Waffles and he was amazing though. My favorite breed of dog Australian cattle dog and his fur changed as you brushed it cause of the indercoats being different colors.

Hmnnnnggghhhhh

• Options

I have a girlfriend.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Why do you need the digits when you have the whole hand at home

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options

I have a girlfriend.

Did you ask your girlfriend if you can have another one for Christmas?

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular

I have a girlfriend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUDrXx5cdQo

• Options
    Samantha Bee + Glenn Beck = OTP?

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuSDfVRGI54

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    so the first 15 minutes of the magicians is a dude who is a misunderstood genius manchild who is not on the spectrum but would probably call himself on the spectrum and a sort of weird half-inverse manic pixie dream girl

tell me this gets better because right now it's fkin dumb

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Houn wrote: »

I have a girlfriend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUDrXx5cdQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_MloTHiRk

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    so the first 15 minutes of the magicians is a dude who is a misunderstood genius manchild who is not on the spectrum but would probably call himself on the spectrum and a sort of weird half-inverse manic pixie dream girl

Wait who is the weird inverse manic pixie dream girl

It's a really good show

Quentin is not a particularly likeable character but everyone else is so much fun it makes up for it.

And the Beast is cool.

• Options

It gets better, he's the least interesting person in the cast. The pilot is almost like a whole different boring show.

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Sorry guys. Just died. It was too much.

The Doctor distracted the Tokyo branch by flooding the lobby with Pokémon.

:D

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Here comes the train

• Options
    I want there to be a show about someone who flies airplanes for a living

And call it

The Pilot

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    it's like hey do you guys like harry potter?

what if he didn't find out until he was 22 also in case you didn't realize that's what we wanted this show to be let's do everything except explicitly say that?

• Options

It's a really good show

Quentin is not a particularly likeable character but everyone else is so much fun it makes up for it.

And the Beast is cool.

Gotta be either Alice or Julia. Both are excellent characters.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I want there to be a show about me

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular

semi-related

Just my god.

*takes the stairs*

It's not even what you might think.

It's just like, every single person in that show is a broken human being who eats to fill a void in their souls, left by horrible abuse or the like, and every step of their attempt to get their weight down and get surgery is a parade of abject failure caused by personal issues.

TLC literally airs a show about, like, victims of child abuse eating themselves to death.

• Options

It's a really good show

And the Beast is cool.

I can see people being turned off by Julia at the onset. She gets so much better.

I did pickup the book. I blame everyone if it's terrible.

• Options

It's a really good show

And the Beast is cool.

the one who goes to the tryout for the magic school with him

• Options

what if he didn't find out until he was 22 also in case you didn't realize that's what we wanted this show to be let's do everything except explicitly say that?

is this supposed to be a bad thing

Adult Harry Potter is awesome

See: Dresden Files, The Magicians

No chat stop hitting me because I said Dresden oh god

• Options

It's a really good show

And the Beast is cool.

I can see people being turned off by Julia at the onset. She gets so much better.

She didn't grab me until episodes later on, once her story line heats up she's awesome.

• Options

dresden files to me was like the don henley of fantasy novels

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    I want there to be a show about someone who flies airplanes for a living

And call it

The Pilot

The episode title is "The Pilot."

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

It's a really good show

And the Beast is cool.

It's way better imho.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    maybe this show isn't for me but it is really stupid so far

• Options

So you loved it in other words

• Options
    Chanus you need to like this show and explicitly like me also

• Options

It's a really good show

And the Beast is cool.

the one who goes to the tryout for the magic school with him

Julia. She improves tremendously, over time.

• Options

I don't know what this means

But "More realistic and grounded harry potter" was directly up my alley.

Also combined with Narnia
    Except Narnia is a shithole.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

So you loved it in other words

i mean when i was 14 i would have thought this was cool

• Options
    maybe this show isn't for me but it is really stupid so far

Have much have you watched?

• Options
    Chanus do you

Not

Like me....

No this is impossible

This discussion has been closed.