As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to [chat], magicians

19495969798100»

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus you need to like this show and explicitly like me also

i'm willing to meet you half way

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Which half

*waggles bottom half*

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Which half

*waggles bottom half*

i'm willing to meet the bottom half

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    The show, from the bit of it I watched anyway, really did seem to kinda be Adult Harry Potter.

The book is essentially a deconstruction or commentary on the type of story Harry Potter is.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    Which half

*waggles bottom half*

i'm willing to meet the bottom half

Note: The bottom half is a magic wand

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    I feel a lot like Quentin. I know he's unlikeable.

SEE

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I took my parents to the dog park

I was an embarrassed kid again cause they will babble to anyone and it was so weird

Except this very cute girl they got to come join us and I'm like nah mom nah I can't

Come back later by yourself with the doge to get the digits.

I have a girlfriend.

Did you ask your girlfriend if you can have another one for Christmas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUDrXx5cdQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_MloTHiRk

This is the other song that popped into my head.

• Options
    The books are brilliant but like a lot of brilliant books start SO FUCKING SLOW

• Options
    oh my god they just threw in both pointless wizard sex and also a totally hot if she didn't wear glasses and hunch her shoulders overachiever girl that all the cool kids don't like

i've sat through entire episodes of some pretty shit shows but i can't do this

• Options
    Episode 4 time

• Options
    I'd stream but no one is awake so it would be a hollow affair

Life is pain

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    But Chanus

What about the friends we made along the way

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    What if nobody likes us and we didn't manage to make any friends along the way

What then

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    But Chanus

apparently they were all moron wizard children

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    But Chanus

knitdan wrote: »

What then

The outcome is the same.

• Options

What then

loneliness was the friends you made along the way

• Options
    if the books are nothing like the show i might give them a shot

i did trust you on those red rising books and they were good so

• Options

What then

what if the real friends were the friends we didn't make along the way

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Samantha Bee + Glenn Beck = OTP?

NSFW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuSDfVRGI54

Fuck off Sam B.

Scalia was a miserable excuse for a human being. A steaming shit stack that hung on to a useless & glib life for too long. I'm very tired of those who defend his 'sharp wit'. He didn't have a sharp wit - he was just another raging homophobe & racist in a place that enshrines a special sort of comedy to those traits.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    oh my god they just threw in both pointless wizard sex and also a totally hot if she didn't wear glasses and hunch her shoulders overachiever girl that all the cool kids don't like

Trust us!

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    have you guys read the vorkosigan books? the main character is a physically deformed guy- curved spine, too-large head, brittle bones, under 5' tall. all this in a militaristic society that is sort of sparta-like, with a deep distrust and loathing of people who have mutations, physical challenges etc.

anyway he's also very brilliant, impulsive, etc- and i've been enjoying reading everything in this universe. but i couldn't help but notice today that a lot of nerdy folks in challenging careers might especially relate to the protag. could be a source of wish fulfillment for people who feel scorned by society- or their family or prospective relations- for their appearance.

• Options
    if the books are nothing like the show i might give them a shot

i did trust you on those red rising books and they were good so

The books start as oh Harry Potter in college this is kind of a snooze

THEN YOU HAVE NO IDEA BRO

So yes but please give it a bit more of a chance or you'll close the book in 50 pages even though I think that is beautiful writing too. It's building people.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

NSFW

Fuck off Sam B.

Scalia was a miserable excuse for a human being. A steaming shit stack that hung on to a useless & glib life for too long. I'm very tired of those who defend his 'sharp wit'. He didn't have a sharp wit - he was just another raging homophobe & racist in a place that enshrines a special sort of comedy to those traits.
    Don't people who actually knew him tend to disagree?

• Options

Trust us!

i've already turned it off

for reference the only other time in the history of mankind i've not at least watched the entire first episode of a show before giving up was fuller house

• Options
    edited December 2016

I don't understand why these things are bad

and also you have to go a bit
    the characters get pretty well developed and the initial traits are explored well and expectations are subverted a lot.

You gotta watch the whole first ep to see why it's good. And it only gets better from there.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    cB557 wrote: »

NSFW

Fuck off Sam B.

Shhhh quiet he needs this I think

• Options

Trust us!

i've already turned it off

for reference the only other time in the history of mankind i've not at least watched the entire first episode of a show before giving up was fuller house

Man I bet by the end of ep 1 you'd have been into it because they go for the throat

Too bad

Seems you hate pretty people *takes notes*

• Options
    and i watched every minute of that spy ninja i think ghanaian movie on youtube

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

NSFW

Fuck off Sam B.

Read his dissent on the gay marriage issue.

He was a bigot & asshole, full stop. Apparently a polite one. So was Goebbels.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    The show, from the bit of it I watched anyway, really did seem to kinda be Adult Harry Potter.

The book is essentially a deconstruction or commentary on the type of story Harry Potter is.

You have a lot to look forward to. I guarantee you haven't seen anything yet.

• Options
    Chanus, I need your phone number so I can text you photos of me with my cats

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    This thread is no longer active, and will be recycled.
    On average, this thread was blasting along at warp 0.4

@Houn will create the new thread
    @So It Goes is backup

This discussion has been closed.