As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Watch [MOVIES], In A Theater!

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Slight disagreement about whiplash, I never took it as jk Simmons is abusive to generate suffering that will be expressed in the drumming somehow. He's abusive to push his players to practice harder than they ever would otherwise, the suffering is not important the work is. Thats what I got from this speech

https://youtu.be/v6lFs5gbv_k

I haven't seen many movies about abusive relationships and that's what this movie really is to me

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Green room on UK n Irish Netflix right now fyi

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I watched Kubo and the Two Strings on the plane today. I really liked it, it was weird and beautiful and funny and Monkey was awesome. My favourite animated movie in a while, I think it beats out Zootropolis.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Zooville, Zoocity, Zoostantinople

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    It's called Zootropolis here and in the UK. I dunno why.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

Probably European naming rights.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Zooville, Zoocity, Zoostantinople

That's the old name. Now it's zoostanbul

• Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Why'd they change it? I can't say.

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm breaking this up right here

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    In China they called it "Crazy Animal City"

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2016
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    In China they called it "Crazy Animal City"

A far superior title.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    People just liked it better that way

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    spono wrote: »

THIS IS FALSE REPRESENTATION AND I DEMAND JUSTICE

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Justice? Or revenge? /Thetis

• Options
    They are one in the same in the Wild, Wild, West.

• Options
    Jim West, desperado

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Wikka wi wikka wild wild west

• Options
    Rough rider, no you don't want nada

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Rough rider, no you don't want nada

Yes, this is accurate.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    spono wrote: »

THIS IS FALSE REPRESENTATION AND I DEMAND JUSTICE

Justice? Or Exciting Punishment Revenge Time?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    To any outlaw tryin to draw, thinkin you're bad,
    Any draw on West best with a pen and a pad

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    YOU DON'T WANNA SEE MY HAND WHERE MY HIP BE AT

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

excuse me, quoting wild wild west is my thing

• Options

excuse me, quoting wild wild west is my thing

Why can't it be everyone's thing?

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    To any outlaw tryin to draw, thinkin you're bad,
    Any draw on West best with a pen and a pad

I've sung the Sisqo part at karaoke so many times. I've never done the Will Smith part and I'm usually trying to hype the crowd so I haven't really paid attention to the words

that is an amazing line

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    The Eagles hate the presence of the One Ring

They won't go near it

I thought I was in the NFL thread for a second

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

Probably European naming rights.

http://eye-on-animation.tumblr.com/post/113885292669/zootopia-to-be-called-zootropolis-in-the-uk
    According to the UK Intellectual Property Office’s website, a zoo in Denmark has had the name 'Zootopia’ trademarked since February 2010. Givskud Zoo is planning on using the name for what has been called 'the world’s most advanced zoo’, which is expected to open in 2019. Part of their trademark includes the right to produce clothing, games, and educational services using the name 'Zootopia’. A look at Disney’s Zootropolis trademark (which has been registered since March 2014) reveals that had they gone with the US title, some of their merchandising plans would have overlapped with Givskud Zoo’s trademark. Zootropolis, meanwhile, is a completely unique trademark in the UK, so there’s no risk of lost merchandising opportunities.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Kana wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    The Eagles hate the presence of the One Ring

They won't go near it

I thought I was in the NFL thread for a second

This hurt me deep.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Suicide Squad time.

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Suicide Squad time.

STEVE NO

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    goddammit

I could have stopped him

there was time

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    goddammit

I could have stopped him

there was time

Enjoy his Avatar/Sig while you can, in about 75 more minutes it's gonna be all linkin park lyrics , hot topic ads and DAMAGED tattoos

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    steve you are doing a good thing don't listen to the other jerks

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I hated suicide squad for being poorly written and directed but kind of dug the look

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    So according to Matthew McConaughey, he had to choose playing The Man in Black in The Dark Tower over a role in Guardians of the Galaxy 2

As much as I love Guardians, McConaughey is perfect for that role in Dark Tower and I wouldn't miss his take on it for anything

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    yeah he's basically choice number one for randall flagg

he would have fit really well in guardians as well though, it's a shame they couldn't work around his schedule

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Picked up John Wick for $8 today. It was a good buy. I'm going to make the wife watch it with me tonight.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm generally not a McConaughey fan but can't deny he's perfect for Randall Flagg

So that's just the perfect way things worked out in my eyes

I likely wouldn't have dug him in Guardians

• Options
    SUICIDE SQUAD WAS ACTUALLY A LOT OF FUN

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    I hated suicide squad for being poorly written and directed but kind of dug the look

On the one hand I hated the look

But on the other hand I loved that I actually had a reaction to the look, that it was at least trying for something different

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
This discussion has been closed.