As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon] SE++ League in planning, yo! Page 95 or OP, yo!

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    @Webber I'm available and will hang out in the plaza. :D What's your in-game name?

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • webberwebber Registered User regular
    Yea! Name is Zalleque

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
    edited December 2016
    Great. FC is in my sig, IGN is Silver. :D

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Oh craps did some random person send me a request?

Yes, I think so. I don't see you online and was waiting for your invite. Did you add me to your friends list?

signature.png
    Haha, well I just lost my graveler, but friend request sent.

Ah, that sucks! You can have mine if you'd like, I'll put a request up in the GTS for another

signature.png
    I just need to see the Golem. Then right back to you.

edited December 2016
    ...Managed to snag an extra Golem in the downtime (GTS!! <3 ) so you can have it

Lemme know if that's not the stufful you wanted to give away though. :D I think that puts everything in order?

SilverWind on
    signature.png
    That's perfect! First time ever that I got a perfect dex. Thank you so much!

No problem. Congrats~!

signature.png
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    oh damn

so I finally found the time to catch the last tapu that I needed, big boy bulu

and I get to the ruin and wear him down into the red and wait out the terrain

and then I send out the legendary catcher, butterfree

without remembering that, oh yeah sleep powder doesn't affect grass types anymore, fuck I gotta restart and head back to a PC to get someone with thunderwave in this fight

decide that, eh, I'll throw a timer ball at him, why not, I'm already here

immediately caught him, no critical capture,

and he's adamant

this has never happened to me before oh my god this buddy just saved me an hour if his siblings were any indication of the tapus' capture rates

holy shit

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Honestly, stealth rock is only gonna work for gym leaders with themes that might already need it

Challengers should be kinda overpowered compared to thematic/type teams anyway so I don't see it as an issue. If you're running the flying team then you should probably have a defogger on your team anyway

fire gym has literally 0 options for defog or rapid spin (apparently even talonflame can't get defog in sm?)

You don't have to be 100% strict on your typing if you don't want to! Nobody's gonna get mad if the fire gym has a steel type with rapid spin, or suchlike

Leaked photo of Wyborn

150px-Diamond_Pearl_Flint.png

I cosplayed this dude at the first PAX East pokecrawl because it was easy to find a yellow shirt and red suspenders

• DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So who's doing the all Shiny gym with all Shiny pokemon and challengers are legally obliged to play this in the background as they battle?
    Edit: This is an out-of-context you tube clip of a scene/song from Moana, so if you're trying to avoid any spoilers about that movie, don't click!

Didgeridoo on
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I am interested in this league idea, but I just got the game for Christmas and I've never been a competitive player so I am likely going to put together a fun theme gym and then get steamrolled repeatedly.

Which I am strangely cool with. Somebody has to be the Brock in the league and it might as well be me.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So I got this for Christmas

It is my first Pokemon game since Red

• DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    on the second island, i'm really enjoying this game so far! Team is looking a lot different than my initial guesses, though - I've got Dartrix, Rockruff, Pikachu and Grimer as my main squad.

Grimer is...cuter than expected, even if patting him is more of a challenge. It really feels like I should have special gloves for that.

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    iirc there's a special hand sprite when you pet araquanid's water bubble

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    there's a special hand sprite for patting grimer!

it is your hand, covered in goo. It moves very slowly.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So uh... is there anything in particular that I'm going to wish I know 4-5 hours in, or anything important that isn't obvious as I play?

I get the impression that the breeding rabbit hole is deep, but I don't really need to worry about it until I've completed the main campaign?

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    So uh... is there anything in particular that I'm going to wish I know 4-5 hours in, or anything important that isn't obvious as I play?

I get the impression that the breeding rabbit hole is deep, but I don't really need to worry about it until I've completed the main campaign?

The main thing that I can think of is eventually you'll get a new menu option called "poke pelago" on the second page of the menu; that has a lot of nifty stuff on it but takes time to build up, so you wanna get on that quickly once you unlock it (which is some point in the second island, iirc)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Nah, the basic single player game is straight forward and impossible to screw up, so just have fun with it however you want.

Oh wait, remember to get your mystery gift Munchlax. When you boot the game go to screen where you can load your game. Click Mystery Gift > Receive Gift from internet, let it do it's thing, then pick it up at any pokemon center in your actual game.

The mystery gift Munchlax knows Happy Hour (increases money earned in battle when used) and Hold Back (attack that always leaves enemy with at least 1 HP, great for catching wild pokemon) so it's a pretty useful mon to have around.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular

I'm in the same boat as you (got it for Christmas, haven't played since Red) and as far as the second island all the big stuff is obvious. I asked some questions in the thread and googled others but that was only for side features that aren't explained clearly in the game.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7randombattle-508396151

my opponent made some really good reads in this match

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Here's Survey Part 2: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Zi10vObDReXabfCBJEQVAAJrCblfx-EWgJUKO_lpwmQ/edit

Which'll be added to the OP shortly.

I have not done enough serious battling against real people to have an opinion one way or the other.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Just to be clear as everyone seems to be doing gyms and planning themes, I could just be a regular old dude that shows up with a bunch of my un themed mix of favourite looking Pokémon and have a good ol fashioned battle with our glorious gym leaders right?

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Blake T wrote: »
    Just to be clear as everyone seems to be doing gyms and planning themes, I could just be a regular old dude that shows up with a bunch of my un themed mix of favourite looking Pokémon and have a good ol fashioned battle with our glorious gym leaders right?

This is in fact the whole idea, and exactly what I'm going to be doing!

And gym leaders are also allowed to have non-gym teams that they can use to go after the championship themselves if they want

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    Goal is to make it nice and relaxed and as enjoyable in as many ways as people desire :D

signature.png
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

Oh wait, remember to get your mystery gift Munchlax. When you boot the game go to screen where you can load your game. Click Mystery Gift > Receive Gift from internet, let it do it's thing, then pick it up at any pokemon center in your actual game.

The mystery gift Munchlax knows Happy Hour (increases money earned in battle when used) and Hold Back (attack that always leaves enemy with at least 1 HP, great for catching wild pokemon) so it's a pretty useful mon to have around.

Also: For the love of god do not pit that Munchlax against a Gastly.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »

METRONOME. Also he learns lick p quick.

0JNx5Hj.png?1

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Iblis wrote: »

METRONOME. Also he learns lick p quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAnGKduBdVc

This is a pretty common scenario from what I understand.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    it happened to me, it could happen to youuuuuuu
    although I don't think it was with muchlax

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Don't use metronome

2x39jD4.jpg
    metronome is one of my favorite moves so ymmv

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    metronome consistently disappoints me

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    metronome is the best move in the game and anyone who disagrees hates fun

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Its trash just use a real move

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I hate fun

I'm so sorry

This discussion has been closed.