As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DOOM

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    What is Arcade Mode exactly

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    holy shit this is good, y'all

• Options
    ZellpherZellpher Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    What is Arcade Mode exactly

Power ups are now explosive score-boosters. Combo kills for more points. No secrets, really. Aim for high score, all mods for level-appropriate guns are unlocked.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    holy shit this is good, y'all

I saw you on PSN last night playing this and was all

60983024.jpg

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Snap map might have some custom horde modes and stuff but it's a pain to search through

I mean if people made dota in it they can make anything

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    y'know, it's funny, I still just cannot really get super into this game's soundtrack outside of the game - too djenty and industrial for my taste, since I like my metal bluesy and fuzzed out (the best representative im recent pop culture being the doof warrior of Mad Max: Fury Road, actually)

But in the game it is such an extraordinarily effective pump up mix that it almost makes the combat feel like a rhythm game, because it really does set a tempo to rip and tear along with

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I am super glad that no one who was involved in making the sound track for this deployed a fuzz box.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    What is a fuzz box, exactly?

• Options
    Djenty?

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

They usually call it a cop car.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

>:V

broken image link
  • Options
    DedpuppyDedpuppy Registered User regular

IIRC it is a device that goes between the guitar and amp that artificially injects white noise (fuzz) into the signal to get amplified, resulting in a less...clinical sound you normally get from transistor amps

f9uosTq.png

Battle.net:Ritalynn#1974
    XBL: Tranewrek
  • Options
    Restarted on Ultra Violence. Forgot where I was and waded hip-deep into the possessed surrounding the first gore nest, intending to do a lot of melee/GK combos. Got my ass whooped

Like a splash of cold water in the face. That shit won't be happening again.

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Djenty?

Extended range guitars, chugging, having fun

https://youtu.be/0jpOBd949O4

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    What's with the armor upgrade tree for using powerups? What is a powerup in this game exactly

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    What's with the armor upgrade tree for using powerups? What is a powerup in this game exactly

Beserker, Invulnerability, Quad Damage.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular

There's one that gives you quad damage, one that increases your speed, one that makes you invulnerable and RIP AND TEARING ALL THE TIME

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Ah, okay
    I haven't come across many of those

• Options
    edited December 2016

GLowing orbs that are differently colored, they're pretty rare early on

Berserker is the first one you run into, I think. You grab it and your guns disappear and you instagib all enemies with your fists

...Berserker also works with the rune that extends the distance of your GK activation

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

Beserker, Invulnerability, Quad Damage.

Also Haste

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    there's also a max HP and Armour pickup that shares the icon for powerups on the map, but I don't think it counts for the purpose of the skill tree bonuses

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    spwge871sp9w.png

nice

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    spwge871sp9w.png

nice

nice

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    spwge871sp9w.png

nice

nice

Je tue les démons!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SpazMuffinSpazMuffin Hey Cut it outRegistered User regular
    For anyone who just got the game and is maybe as dumb as me, later in the game you'll see these glowing green orbs with rotating metal rings around them. Those are ammo for the BFG. I realized that way too late, like right before the end of the game. I would have BFG'ed it up a bit more had I known that.

Cosgrove_Face_Sig.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    SpazMuffin wrote: »
    For anyone who just got the game and is maybe as dumb as me, later in the game you'll see these glowing green orbs with rotating metal rings around them. Those are ammo for the BFG. I realized that way too late, like right before the end of the game. I would have BFG'ed it up a bit more had I known that.

They also make a noise, and your bfg ammo count are the green lights next to the red lights that are the chainsaw ammo count.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Currently playing through this again on PC after renting and beating it on PS4 at launch; going through on ultra-violence this time and exploring each level to get all the collectibles and secrets

Hot take: this game's still fun

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I beat it when it first came out and now I'm thinking about getting it again because I'm jonesing for some RIP AND TEAR action.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I forgot about Berserker power ups

They're probably the most powerful I've ever felt in a game?

• Options
    Man this kicks up a notch once you get to Hell
    This one encounter just keeps stonewalling me

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Holy shit ball titty fuck

I went dumb and all in for a new video card and I never realized video games looked so good

DOOM is beautiful and a different beast! WTF SHADOW'S ARE INSANE PARTICLE EFFECTS WHAAT

Before I get my hair cut I gotta give you all some super dumb and bad hair flailing head banging to demon slaying just for the stupid factor

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Also DOOM is so good it ranks alongside EU4, Total Warhammer and Civ 4 for games I can play forever and enjoy and pick up at any point and fo something stupid with

I mean it's not even year but think about that for a second those are 4x games!!

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    My greatest wish is they make the 3 different parts of Doom separate installs so I don't have to keep all 80 goddamned gigs on here when I just want the campaign

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Man this kicks up a notch once you get to Hell
    This one encounter just keeps stonewalling me

Sounds kind of like you just need to

RIP

AND

TEAR

more.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    When I die, I want my tombstone to read "R.I.P. AND TEAR"

And have the doom picture carved into the front. Them demons need to know I'm a commin',

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Man, I think the Xbone is going to be my last console. I mean what is the point.

I bought this game cause it was on sale for a good price and I turned on the xbox. That needs a four gigabyte undate because of course it does. That takes like an hour or two to sort out.

Then I finally start up and try to install the game, of course there is no space on my hard drive so I have to choose some things to delete.

So then we start installing 44 gigs of content because developers are not intelligent enough to build a game that can stream on a disc any more. I get that you have slightly faster load times and all that, but I think you can find a fucking balance. Anyway after who the fuck knows how long it's ready to start. I boot it up expecting it to require an update patch because 2016 was terrible in many different ways.

It is 32 fucking gigabytes. So who the fuck knows what is on that disc because the majority of it appears to be absolute trash files.

I guess I'll be playing this game tomorrow some time.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    If there is one truly negative thing that can be said about Doom, it's the goddamn updates that are meaninglessly large

Especially now that data caps are spreading to more consumers

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Man, I think the Xbone is going to be my last console. I mean what is the point.

I bought this game cause it was on sale for a good price and I turned on the xbox. That needs a four gigabyte undate because of course it does. That takes like an hour or two to sort out.

Then I finally start up and try to install the game, of course there is no space on my hard drive so I have to choose some things to delete.

So then we start installing 44 gigs of content because developers are not intelligent enough to build a game that can stream on a disc any more. I get that you have slightly faster load times and all that, but I think you can find a fucking balance. Anyway after who the fuck knows how long it's ready to start. I boot it up expecting it to require an update patch because 2016 was terrible in many different ways.

It is 32 fucking gigabytes. So who the fuck knows what is on that disc because the majority of it appears to be absolute trash files.

I guess I'll be playing this game tomorrow some time.

Even if the internet in Australia wasn't fucking embarrassing, this state of affairs would still be ridiculous.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Doom is terrible for updates because they're all for multiplayer and who fucking cares?

It sounds like consoles are approaching the point where they're actually less user friendly than PCs. I can have a bunch of games going pretty fast.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    read somewhere that DOOM's updates are so egregiously large because for whatever insane reason, to patch a level means to redownload the entire thing rather than applying a fix. So if there's bugs fixed on multiple levels, you're looking at 20gb each time it updates.

Oh brilliant