As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[New Years Plans] Party like 2016 is finally over.

RoeRoe Always to the EastRegistered User regular
Post your New Years plans. I'm staying up as late as I can, eating pizza and drinking cider.

2016 was a bad year in many's book. I'm sure lots are celebrating its ending and welcome 2017 as a hopeful gesture that good things are soon to come.

oHw5R0V.jpg

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I'm on my way to albany and I'm finally buying myself a hitachi magic wand so...my plans are to get freaky and be a glutton cause 2017 i plan to be healthy. Or healthier at least.

Edit: got my period on the bus ride to Albany. Fuck you 2016.

Mim on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    I'm not sure if recent events in my community may alter our plans, but what we usually do is go to my Grandmother's old house to visit my two uncles, who then take their guns and shoot into the sky twice: One to bid the old year farewell and one to greet the new year

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Every year, my friends and I get together online and run through a large player count co-op game of some sort. Past candidates include Diablo II, Artemis Starship Simulator, Titan Quest, and Din's Curse. This year will be Soldak's new game, Zombasite, along with Jackbox Party Pack 3 and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Board games. BOARD GAAAAAAAAAAMES.

• Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Making double time.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Sit at home by myself catching up on video games and being surprised when it's 3am.

It's a fairly excellent new years strategy, time tested.

I'm terrified beyond reason of 2017, so the less I can think about that upcoming apocalyptic hellscape, the better I can pretend to be a normal human.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Visting a friend in dublin and drinking a lot is gonna be my cure for 2016. We'll boot up some bad movies and have a grand old time.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Champagne and nudity.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Champagne and nudity.

So board games

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Dunno.

Wondering what the NJ/NY gang such as @nexuscrawler @tapeslinger @Variable @Hakkekage and @syndalis

But not @Casual Eddy because he should be resting.

• Options
    KneelKneel Ten thick coats Registered User regular
    I'm deliberately drinking lots of beer tonight so that I don't drink tomorrow. I want to wake up on New Year's Day hangover-free, ready to get stuck into a semi-decent health plan. Besides, I always crave unhealthy food on hangover days, so New Year's Eve will be the day to indulge. Come January 1st, it's back on the treadmill daily, back on the barbell/dumbell, back to the morning press-ups and no ordering pizzas.

The plan is to not have another drink until Jan 28th (there's a local school reunion so...)

So yeah. That's the plan.

Let's see if it works out.

Want to see more of Kneel's slapdash slatherings?
    Visit him at Monstrous Pigments' Instagram and Facebook pages!
    3EnCIQg.jpg
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm going to the gym I go to for underground wrestling in Seattle. Theres a show tonight at 9pm(3-2 1 Battle! and Lucha Volcanica) and then a fundraiser tomorrow night to help make rent.

They got a bouncy ring with giant inflatable boxing gloves. It's gonna be nuts.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    we were planning to have folks over and it looks like we still will. I am ambulatory in my walker and wont be doing much hosting, but i imagine i'll enjoy my prescribed painkillers and a tiny bit of champers

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    No idea what we're doing

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    24 hour shift at work. My scheduled break is around midnight, so I will likely miss the year changing over.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Wait! Is @Quid in town, too?

• Options
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Wait! Is @Quid in town, too?

No he is not

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Get home from work. Shower, eat, go to bed before midnight, hoping not to have nightmares about how much worse 2017 will be.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Starting new years eve off by hitting the gym early in the AM. Running some errands in the midday. Then in the evening a nice dinner out about town with friends. Getting all dressed up and all that. Then after dinner we head to a friend's house get dressed down into comfortable clothes, drink a reasonable amount of booze, smoke a bunch of weed, play video games and board games, eat snacks, take about 20 seconds to watch the ball drop then get back to enjoying the hanging out. Likely in bed by 1:00 because we're a bunch of boring married 30 year olds and half or more of us are hitting the gym and such early new year's day. Hopefully to be followed by some excellent breakfast.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    Driving from Colorado to Wisconsin with my wife. We hope to get home before midnight and snuggle with our kitties to ring in the new year, but we'll probably still be on the road when midnight hits.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    ttd4ac64p51t.jpg

what the fuck does this mean?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I will enjoy some delicious vodka with myself. And I guess make some food that is "nice".

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I'm sick as fuck so

*pops the cough medicine* woo

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I'm sick as fuck so

*pops the cough medicine* woo

Gettin up on that sizzurp?

You party hard

Sleep on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I'm going to bed by 9. Maybe 10. Depends on how well the kid sleeps.

Maybe keeping an eye on this thread.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Bsj7zaS.png

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2016
    ttd4ac64p51t.jpg

A fairly old new year tradition was the personification of the last year as an old man and the new year as a baby, with the old man passing the torch.

In this instance, the old man looks to be trying his damndest to keep the baby safe.

I get it, but it is drawing from old symbolism people don't really adhere to any more.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm going to a dinner with a few friends, two of them have BABIES now and to my surprise I did a 180 during the past year and really really love babies now. It'll be fun hanging out on their first real new years eve and see how they react to pretty fireworks and stuff. Then after midnight I'm going to go home and sleep because I am extremely old.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    ttd4ac64p51t.jpg

That old man is super worried about brown people.

• Options
    SealSeal Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Not pictured: a giant wave labeled "climate change" and another slightly smaller wave labeled "automation". The wall clearly represents a screen of small niggling problems we've built up in front of us to distract from the big issues that are creeping up our ankles and will shortly drown and or pulverise us against the rocks of the eternal shore.

Am I doing this right?

Seal on
  • Options
    Ohhhhhhh I'd totally forgotten about the old man/baby symbology for new years.

• Options
    Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    I'm totally drained after a huge pain in the ass bus trip to New York the other day so I'm going to see Rogue One with my dad and then staying home and playing video games.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Work. Then, perhaps, watching a performance of The Tempest at midnight.

Then more work.

EDIT: Oh yes, and that new Brian Eno album launches tomorrow morning, which should perfect for my intebulated hangover.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    I am going to make 2 burgs and put them in a cheese roll, have a plate of nachos, revel in the fact that as of today I have the home to myself for about half a month & probably play Starsector.

Get bodied, 2016.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Wife and i are going to play a bit of WoW, watch a Netflix movie, then go to bed probably before midnight.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man we are old and boring

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    syndalis wrote: »
    ttd4ac64p51t.jpg

A fairly old new year tradition was the personification of the last year as an old man and the new year as a baby, with the old man passing the torch.

In this instance, the old man looks to be trying his damndest to keep the baby safe.

I get it, but it is drawing from old symbolism people don't really adhere to any more.

The thing is, the baby is labeled as 2016, so that old man would have to be 2015, so either the comic is a year late and doesn't make any sense, or the comic just doesn't make any sense.

Edit: Yes, I do in fact plan to spend my new years eve over analyzing political comics. Care to join?
    There may be take out chinese food too.

see317 on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    We're ordering Chinese tonight and having our traditional New Years Ham tomorrow. And I'm probably going to read all/most of the books I bought on boxing day.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Yesterday some friends who had moved out of state met back up and we played board games from about 1pm to 2am.

Evolution, 7 Wonders, Robo Rally, The Castles of Mad King Ludwig, and even two prototypes two of us have been working on.

Tonight my girlfriend and I will make fondue.

And maybe play boardgames.