As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon] SE++ League in planning, yo! Page 95 or OP, yo!

19495969798100»

• InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    Came up with a horrible pokemon nickname that made me laugh. Thought about it. Came up with a moveset for it.
    Golduck “Psycuck” --Cloud Nine
    Confuse Ray
    Disable
    Psyshock
    Hydro Pump/Scald

Not since Kuntstank the Skuntank have I been inspired by something so dumb. and that one didn't turn out well.
    But when inspiration strikes!
    Throw it on the list. Haven't actually made a pokemon in a while.

3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So the ability to set Teams in the Pokecenter PCs seems kinda neat, but is there a way to quickly move an entire team to your Party? That would seem to be the main point of setting different teams, but if there is a way to swap your current Party Pokemon for one of the defined Teams I haven't found it

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i think the team setting is for online play, so you can jump into a lobby and grab your team

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Ohhhh

I was levelling up a second group of six Pokemon so that I'd have more varied options as I progress, I'll just stick with my workaround of having them grouped together in a box so it's easy to swap without hunting around

• Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So I wanna be a gym leader (already answered the forms on page 95)

My team so far is my Rad Femme team I mentioned previously.

Currently:

Froslass
    Tsareena
    Salazzle
    Magearna
    Primarina
    Toxapex

I think they are somewhat viable? The coverage seems pretty good. Still need to figure out what sets to get on each. Tsareena is my rapid spinner, I can set up hazards with Toxapex. Salazzle, Froslass, and possibly Primarina seem like decent sweepers? Magearna is basically just a volt switching wall IMO.

I don't suuuper care about being competitive so much as the next step: making an awesome Gym badge.

On the occasion that Magearna is banned I'll probably switch it for Clefable.

Viktor Walters on
  • Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I am split between making a Fighting type gym and making a Pupper gym entirely of dog pokemon

I have dèfinitely thought very hard about doing the latter

Also pardon the continued newbie questions, but is there ever a benefit to putting off an evolution? (Particular stat gains or abilities learned by the earlier form?) I'm coming at this from a Fire Emblem perspective where you sometimes didn't want to jump to an advance during class as soon as it was available

• Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

Also pardon the continued newbie questions, but is there ever a benefit to putting off an evolution? (Particular stat gains or abilities learned by the earlier form?) I'm coming at this from a Fire Emblem perspective where you sometimes didn't want to jump to an advance during class as soon as it was available

Generally the more evolved a 'mon is the longer it takes to learn new moves. In some cases the evolved form learns different moves than the unevolved form, so there might be a breakpoint where you want to wait to learn something before evolving. In most cases this doesn't turn out to matter much anymore what with the infinite TMs, move tutors and move rememberer folks around to help out.

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    For playing through the story, you'll be fine with letting them evolve when they do. The stat boost will outweigh the wait for certain moves.

And some learn their signature attack when they evolve now.

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »

meowth doesn't learn payday until a few levels after it would normally evolve

that's the only one that matters to me

• BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    I went back to Omega Ruby for some breeding, and man do I miss the PC IV display.

How did it take them until Gen 7 to figure out we needed that.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    NB: do not soft reset during the credits of Sun/Moon, or you will have to repeat the last 1 hour e: 40 mins.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    I just made it to the second island and I've reached a conclusion

Pokémon is good.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    So I have an abra I caught a real dumb name without thinking about it (Carl Hungus) and now I'm using it and am wanting to change it. When can you find the name rater

• DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    So I have an abra I caught a real dumb name without thinking about it (Carl Hungus) and now I'm using it and am wanting to change it. When can you find the name rater

Second island tourist bureau

The only nickname I've given so far is calling my Rowlet "Rucker"

Because he hates being called Hootie

This discussion has been closed.