As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] FF14 Banner 1 in under 2 hours. Take a hit of Tums, then pass it on.

1929394959698»

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i just say fuck it, pull, and somehow the universe bends to my will??!?!?!?

I am sincerely super happy for you that this is the case, but this is not my life, so I accept this and work with it and plan around it.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I get fairly nervous as well before doing a draw. It's one of the reasons I don't use those gacha simulators on any banner I am planning to pull on, though my buddy uses them to temper his expectations.

I have been pretty darn lucky lately. I wouldn't be surprised if I got nothing useful out of FFXIV, though obviously I would prefer this to not be the case. Mostly I'm hoping that people that have been having poor luck lately have it turn around, because I prefer people I know to have a good time in a shared activity so I can keep sharing that activity.

I'm also hopeful that my alt account can finally score a Wall, it would open up a lot of options for me, even if Y'shtola's Wall is more difficult to use than Tyro's because of her skillset being less flexible.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I get fairly nervous as well before doing a draw. It's one of the reasons I don't use those gacha simulators on any banner I am planning to pull on, though my buddy uses them to temper his expectations.

I have been pretty darn lucky lately. I wouldn't be surprised if I got nothing useful out of FFXIV, though obviously I would prefer this to not be the case. Mostly I'm hoping that people that have been having poor luck lately have it turn around, because I prefer people I know to have a good time in a shared activity so I can keep sharing that activity.

I'm also hopeful that my alt account can finally score a Wall, it would open up a lot of options for me, even if Y'shtola's Wall is more difficult to use than Tyro's because of her skillset being less flexible.

This is an awesome way to put it, and basically how I feel as well.

Just finished my last full clear of Phase 3; since there's not enough time for another one before Phase 4, I guess that's it for now. It was a pretty good phase, when all's said and done.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Y'shtola has access to Wrath. She's not worse off than Tyro in that regard to setting herself up for constant Wall uptime than he is, with the exception that Wrath does zero damage, so in the long term, is inferior when you could be pushing damage to win the fight faster, rather than prolonging to get Wall up to survive an extra 3 rounds or whatever.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    On my main account I run Tyro as a second support character, with two breakdowns (usually magic and armor). I very rarely have issues with keeping Wall active, as long as Tyro gets hit a couple times he can get Wall back up before it fades. So if I got Y'shtola's Thyrus on my alt account, I would do basically the same thing with her. Except she would be restricted to a dagger for her weapon, but at least I have a dagger with 120 ATK on it (and I don't really care about the damage output from that position in the party anyway).

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Dear God, just two hours until total kidney failure.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Pulled on the current fest banner as I only have Celes' relic on the pool. First two 11s get me two more exacliburs, so now it truly is the strongest of swords. Nothing else though.

Third pull nets me Bartz cloak (good stat armor and wind damage up) Guys axe so imperial earth... yah?

And finally Hamelin. Congrats Eiko you made the team!

Now to prepare myself to waste two more months of saved mythril tonight!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    ...Oops.

I finally got a character, Pecil, up to level 99!

But I have never spent the time to grind out Pecil's second Record Materia in FFIV dungeons, meaning I also don't have his third Record Materia. Which means that I haven't yet received his very good fourth Record Mataria as a reward for maxing his level!

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    ...Oops.

I finally got a character, Pecil, up to level 99!

But I have never spent the time to grind out Pecil's second Record Materia in FFIV dungeons, meaning I also don't have his third Record Materia. Which means that I haven't yet received his very good fourth Record Mataria as a reward for maxing his level!

Exact same position I'm in - I thought that Holy Might would be enough, but then I was looking through my RM list and was like "where the hell is Azure Blade?" Oops, turns out I never bothered to grind him.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    @Rius hmm, new thread before or after the spam of relic pull results?

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Oh, we are at 98.5 pages aren't we. Yeah, that's not a bad idea; I'll be a little busy at 7pm myself. Stand by for new thread linky!

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    One hour, you guys!

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Away we go, to threads new and bold and exciting!

The Thread is Dead, Long Live the Thread

@Tube please lock this one up.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Please do not @ Tube.

This discussion has been closed.