As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Years Eve in 2016 -> New Years Day in 2017

• SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    Mother Mother is playing my new cities New Years Celebration. I may just head down there.

Also there is a The Works burger joint in the downtown square. I also live a short drive from Five Guys.

I'm gonna get so fat, you guys...(ah ha ha no I'm not because until I get my budget sorted out I can't afford things like "food")

God

The Works

That peanut-butter-oreo milkshake has definitely reduced my lifespan

I've only ever been to one once, in Ottawa visiting my BFF.

Milk shakes served in 32oz measuring cups? Tower of Onion Rings with Chipotle Dip? A burger that is also poutine?

Yes please.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I'm spending NYE working a 12 hour shift.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    it is stupid hot and humid here on new years day

i'm gonna go for a swim

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm doing this tonight:
    So tonight, instead of going out to the city or what have you, my roommates & I are going to spend an evening in with some nice food & drinks. AND PLAY MARIO PARTY.

Now, we play Mario Party like CharDee MacDennis from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. There is a lot of showmanship and even more drinking. Like, a lot of drinking. We have flags and tokens that we light on fire & stomp.

Let me walk you through our darkest ritual.
    The Rules

Our game of choice is Mario Party 5 for the Gamecube. Sometimes we'll delve into Mario Party 6, but for the most part the fifth iteration of the game series is our primary vehicle for our hate & malice. We all have custom goblets made which bare our house names, and from those we drink copious amounts of poison.

For every coin you gain, you get to give a single sip to another player.

For every coin you lose, you yourself have to take a single sip.

If a player should gain a star they can immediately make another player either drink thirty sips or do a shot of liquor.

And with these three rules we inflict mass torture upon our bodies
    The Houses

House Lonestar
    "The Boy Who Fuckin' Lived"
    Player: Travis; Character: Yoshi

Our reigning champion and the titan that everyone has to try to stop, Travis is a beast at these games. He wins, like DJ Khaled, all he does is win... Nobody challenges him to a duel or tries to inflict his wrath. I once, under the instruction of my war council, threw all of my force against him. He brushed it off and what he sent back was a war crime. But Travis carries much generosity, so as long as you don't single him out he will dispense his drinks very fairly. You see, this is his tactic. He knows if he plays it nice he'll win by sheer skill at arms. He's crafty like that...

House Stardust
    "Possess All the Stars"
    Player: Linzey; Character: Peach

Travis' girlfriend and our constant dumping ground for insults and drinks. She's basically our Sweet Dee but she's nice, so she isn't the worst opponent to go up against. She can drink like a mother fucker though, and she's okay at the game. Basically Linzey is the average player who is protected under the wing of her mighty dragon. But because we don't want to incur the wrath of Travis, Linzey usually gets 50% of the drinks & 80% of all shots in the first half of the game. After that point all alliances crumble and it becomes a shit show.

House Gravestar
    "Punish All Traitors."
    Player: Tristan; Character: Wario

Pure rage. Pure, unrelenting rage. Tristan is the second best player at the Mario Party games, but he's never won a single game because his rage swallows him entirely and causes him to lash out at every player. It's really beautiful. Any slight, no matter how insignificant, will bring his whole fury against you. I once gave Travis eight drinks, Linzey seven drinks and Tristan one drink. He broke our alliance & swore that he'd be drinking my blood by the night's end. With all of that said, I almost always start off with an alliance with Tristan. But around round 25 that shatters because House Scorpion can't help themselves from committing deceit.

House Scorpion
    "Do Not Trust a Scorpion."
    Player: Jimmy-Dean; Character: Waluigi

100% villainy, all the way through. This is my house and I play it like every backstabbing weasel you've ever read or seen. I will do any & everything to win. I will lie to teammates. I will deliberately sabotage cooperative team games just so my opponent can't get 20 coins in time for the star next to them. I will use a Twister to move the star so that nobody gets it. I have on occasion switched controllers with another player right before a button-mashing mini-game. To put it lightly, I am the worst... I usually start off every game with an alliance to House Lonestar, but eventually Tristan will get super-angry about some trivial matter and after that point I will stab him in the back like a Lannister. Now I've only won once (more than Tristan...) and oh my god what a victory it was to behold... On round 48 I landed on a switch space, and I switched my five stars for Travis' eleven stars. I then immediately made Travis do six shots in a row and he vomited on himself. It is my greatest victory.

The current rankings are:

House Lonestar: 2 first-place, 1 second place, 1 third-place
    House Stardust: 1 first-place, 2 second-place, 1 last-place
    House Gravestar: 1 second-place, 2 third place, 1 last-place
    House Scorpion: 1 first-place, 1 second-place, 2 last-place

Tonight we do battle once more...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • MacallanMacallan Registered User regular
    So far I've spent the day flying from the east coast of the US back to Hawaii, so now the trick is to find a grocery store that's still open so I can buy all the champagne. 2016 can RIP with my hangover in the morning.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    Mother Mother is playing my new cities New Years Celebration. I may just head down there.

Also there is a The Works burger joint in the downtown square. I also live a short drive from Five Guys.

I'm gonna get so fat, you guys...(ah ha ha no I'm not because until I get my budget sorted out I can't afford things like "food")

God

The Works

That peanut-butter-oreo milkshake has definitely reduced my lifespan

I've only ever been to one once, in Ottawa visiting my BFF.

Milk shakes served in 32oz measuring cups? Tower of Onion Rings with Chipotle Dip? A burger that is also poutine?

Yes please.

I think this is the one time that in thinking of Ottawa my homesickness is overridden by sheer relief that I can't do that to my body nearly as often as i would want to anymore

That Tower of Onion Rings, my God

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    My friends have decided that they are going to find me true love tonight.

I cannot wait to find out how this crashes and burns.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I spent new years Eve watching star wars original trilogy with a friend who's a big star wars nerd. Now it's time for me to sleep.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

VnZ7Xbt.jpg

Nuka is working tonight, I was supposed to be, but still out for my back. Took two hours to get food delivered and I'm gonna have a hell of a time getting charges straightened out with postmates tomorrow due to new years eve craziness, so now it's drunk rocket league time and maybe I'll watch the fireworks later.

• HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    Happy New Year's y'all!

I just got home from work and I'm gonna play videogames and drink a Mike's Hard Black-cherry Lemonade to celebrate cause I'm fuckin' CRRAAAAAZZZZZZYYY!

vEaRQgH.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm at home alone with my parents watching Ryan Seacrest. All my friends and sister are either on vacation or at parties I wasn't invited to/can't get a ride to. Yayyyyyyyy

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Oh man what happened with Mariah there? What a train wreck.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    10 minutes to midnight in Montreal, guys!

Children's rights are human rights.
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I am at work until just after midnight.

Happy New Years all!

• Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Happy New Year!

Good fucking riddance, 2016.

[IMG][/img]
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Mel B is obnoxious

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Ah, Pitbull and Snoop

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Happy New Year. May it exceed our lowest expectations!

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Happy 2017!

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Happy new year! I'm at a wedding reception!

y9c6ifi9p27k.jpeg

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    Seattle checking in, 2016 still exists send help.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I play tested a game I'm working on and watched a streamer on twitch. Woo?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna drink some water and play Destiny. The party's just starting :rotate:

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Happy New Year, everyone.

You're all great and I love you all.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I made it until midnight!

First time in a few years

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

My buddy and I kissed on the new year because fuck all of our couple friends.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I didn't see any gay smooches on tv again this year

Then I turned on Animal Crossing to see some virtual fireworks and the eagle was mad at me because I haven't been around. Look bud I got my own life okay it doesn't revolve around you

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I rang in the new year playing xcom 2. I just met something called "the viper king!" I don't know what it is but it had like three bars of health and it broke my entire game. So hooray for 2017!

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Midnight arrived about 20 minutes ago, but my wife is still at work and I'm just curled up on the couch with the dogs and cats. I should turn on the heater, it's like 50 degrees in here

JtgVX0H.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/ii6kJaGiRaI

This can apply to the remaining hours of 2016 or all of 2017, as you like

there's a whole run on his twitter page, and it's all very good, but these are the important parts

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Happy New Year everyone. Here's hoping this year is kinder and gentler for us all.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I thought I was just going to be hanging out alone tonight, but somehow I wound up going out for pizza with a friend at the last minute. We hung around until midnight chatting about dating woes and general trans stuff. It was nice.

Goodbye, 2016. You'll always be the year when I first came out and became a real person, so I still love you in spite of everything. Even if I'm the only one.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Happy new year everybody!

You are all wonderful and I can't wait to hang out with a bunch of you in a few weeks.

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I had a great and low-key new year. I hung out with a small group of 6 friends at one of their houses, and we drank some beer and then champagne, and ate little hors d'oeuvres (also goddamn it I almost spelled that perfectly from memory if I'd remembered the middle "e").

Each of my friends there are married (or engaged), so after the ball dropped and we clinked glasses they all kissed their loved ones. Being the only single person there, I started make out with my champagne glass but one of the friends drunkenly tackle-hugged me and spilled some while I laughed hysterically.

It was a good evening!

NightDragon on
    I used to have a view of the space needle, which is where they set off the new years fireworks from. Now there is a new condo tower blocking that view, so instead..

igqte6tg7sjq.jpg

it looked and sounded like the city was being shelled.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    2016, ancient and bearded, lies upon his deathbed. The crowd gathered to observe his passing is larger than for most years, and while the range of sentiments displayed is typical, the proportions are not - the genuine mourners are fewer, those waiting for the end with bitter or hateful anticipation more numerous. Most common of all, this time, are those who appear anxious and uncertain; they are all but silent in their collective dread, as the outgoing year breathes his ragged last.

It is to one of the latter that the year raises one withered claw of a hand and beckons. Nervously, the witness approaches the bier and, at another gesture, leans closer. Cracked lips move almost soundlessly; the listener's eyes widen, blood draining from their face, and they straighten and step back. Then, with a choking spasm, a sigh and a rattle, the old and much despised year finally expires... with what can only be described as a look of unholy triumph on his deeply lined face.

"What did he say?" someone asks.

The horrified witness turns to the multitude. "He said... 'now, it gets worse.'"

Somewhere, in a darkened nursery, there is a crib. And within, peering through the bars, two points of red light like hot coals.