As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Run the [Chat] 3

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    Continuing watching TOS I noticed a new theme:
    Every woman in the galaxy finds Kirk to be the love of their life after spending about 30 minutes with him.

This is new information?

u7stthr17eud.png
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    The liquor store near me was open on Christmas day. People know their customer base.
    Asian owned?

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Well, I guess I'm staying here til 5.

Christ.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Unfortunately for him the prime directive wasn't "Spread space-gonorrhea to the far reaches of the universe."

nibXTE7.png
    Every woman in the galaxy finds Kirk to be the love of their life after spending about 30 minutes with him.

They actually based that series on my own life. Kirk is modeled after me.

14 years before I was even born.

• Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Dunder wrote: »
    Will "2016" be the new adjective for describing a shitty thing?

How did your date go? Oh it was 2016, won't see her again.

What did you think of the new D.C. Movie? It was 2016.

How did the browns do this season? Same as always, couldn't even be 2016.

No.

Everyone did the same song and dance last year.

They'll do it again next year.

To be honest it annoys me.

This year was a little different for a lot of people

After 3 shots I feel more sober than I was 2 hours ago. Probably a bad sign.

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    So a friend of my gf's recently discovered that she is not her father's biological child

Because the fertility doctor used his own sperm instead of the father's

Even worse, this happened to two different families!

So now the two daughters have met each other, knowing they're half sisters, and have become close friends, so there's that at least

The doctor claims it was an error but, I mean, really?

lawsuit!

I have the oddest urge to have a picture of my penis painted on canvas and mailed to someone. Throwback...ye ole dick pic

• OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    c3nifyd14k1z.png

*vibrates*

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »
    The liquor store near me was open on Christmas day. People know their customer base.
    Asian owned?

Nope.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I've followed through on a New Years Resolution and have subscribed to the Guardian.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    what is up with those inconsistent shifts

just like, okay chubert, come in at 9:32a today, you'll work for 3 hrs and 12 minutes, then have a 16 minute break,

Alas I basically never get a consistent schedule

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

This is new information?

I'm probably towards the last few episodes now on my first watch through. Apart from that I also noticed:
    *Most episodes start with beaming down to a planet to find the colony/city/settlement/station being mysteriously abandoned/filled with corpses.
    *They often reuse plot themes in twos. If one episode is tangentially related to god, then the following is too. In a moderately different way.
    *Everyone looks at least 40, I don't understand how Shatner can still look as healthy as he does. According to the visual information here he should be 120 years old today.

PSN: Honkalot
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

just like, okay chubert, come in at 9:32a today, you'll work for 3 hrs and 12 minutes, then have a 16 minute break,

They're all 8.5 hour shifts.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I'm hoping we get a boatload of snow on Tuesday so I get extended break in the form of snow days

But this doesn't seem likely

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Presented without want, need, or acclaim. DasTop10 of 2016 in no particular order but for your ears to enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn4Sh-tmmxE

Tennis - Ladies Don't Play Guitar This song here. This song right here has some lyrics with important words. Those lyrics rest on an absolutely dreamy melody driven forward by steadfast vocals with a feminine mystique that emulates the lyrical content

"Ladies just need your love
    Don't you know we are all caught up in it
    Baby I've been listening
    I can be the archetype of whatever you're feeling"

It's self-aware, powerful, and fun. What more can you ask for? Plus after Hillary was defeated we need more female voices speaking up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hZCsgcKa-g

Childish Gambino - Me and Your Mama Sometimes a youtube comment says it best "Damn, this track is the lovechild of Pink Floyd and James Brown" and WhereMyKeys couldn't be more correct. There's a definite dash of soul and a hint of funk added to the mix but Gambino has solidified his position among the pantheon of unforgettable artists with this release. It comes on slow and strong with no need to worry about play times or radio standards. Building up an idea and motif before pulsating into a soul shaking base. . .and then comes Gambino. The backing vocals call to gospel while Gambino's simultaneously poised and warbling voice alerts you that this is something new. Continuously alternating between the old and new while dabbling in daring moments of falsetto. The track has the long lost funk and soul (F&S) that folks have been trying to dig up from the past with a fresh new coat of paint and brilliant delivery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_oA9UmRd4I

The XX - On Hold Is it the Hall and Oates sample or am I crazy? This song just drives and drives with a simple message that we can all feel. Jamie's simple delivery with Romy's flourish create a vocal to and fro that's simply unmatched. The song presents a beautiful question with the distinct sense of wonder that can only come from something beautiful that was lost. Not to mention it makes you want to dance a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACinCwmWalY

Blood Orange ft Empress Of - Best To You If I only said "I cannot" I would feel like an absolutely awful hack of a consumer but also entirely justified in my response. The production on this jaunty jam is sublime. Nothing is overstated and nothing is understated. Blood Orange creates a longing and desire through rhythmic drums and pads filled with boundless energy. The music manages to ride a synthetic wave with a beautiful touch of sincerity brought about through Empress Of's evocative and chilling vocals. Blood Orange provides back-up in this instance and the harmony between the two grounds the song in a way that "I cannot" as she reaches for the stars he grounds the production with deep and thoughtful lofty sounds echoed in the beckoning chorus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt9N_yHvwyM

Cloud Nothings - Modern Act Who would have guessed that they were still making good pop punk? Cloud Nothings have been on the scene for a while but with their most recent release they've really come into their own. They've found a voice and it's full of youth, rebellion, and delicious angst. The chorus belts out "I want a life, that's all I need lately. I am alive but all alone" and the sentiment is echoed through each verse. The idea of youth lost and finding new energy shine through the song in a way that makes most love ballads seem simply uninspired. If you ever enjoyed pop punk and wonder what to do with the now this is the tune for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p6cdupczSc

Young MA - Quiet Storm
    Welcome back East Coast Rap it's been a while. Young MA comes into the scene with a bravado and passion for the art that has been unseen for years. She casually dismisses all rappers and stereotypes in clever and poignant verses backed by Mobb Depp's 1999 classic. The track is self-aware and aggressive without relent. It may not be as catchy as the breakthrough "Ooouuu" but it delivers stylistically and presents a voice that the rap game has been in need of for years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEP-Qpw3lHg

Aphex Twin - CIRKLON3 There's no denying the influence that Richard D James has had on the electronic scene and while this may not top some of his earlier work it absolutely deserves a spot on the pedestal with the rest. Keeping up with the Twin is a difficult task these days after the soundcloud dump and numerous unofficial releases but here we have something genuine. The track has everything that signified early Aphex Twin and manages to maintain an approach to the soundscape that is fresh and engaging. A connection between minimalism and the electronic cacophony of modern times. It makes me a bit sad that this is the single electronic song on my list but of everything i've heard in this year it stands above the rest as something with a definite identity and few imitations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMnUPy4dp4k

Nice as Fuck - Door What else is there to say? You've got Jenny Lewis. You've got Erika Forster from Au Revior Simone and you've got some GIVE A DAMN. This may be a fun side project from all of the ladies involved but this is energetic pop punk with a powerful indie vibe. It's worth chanting. It's worth jumping up and down to. It's worth chanting "don't close the door!" because it is every bit an embodiment of their moniker Nice As Fuck. Put this in your ears. It's hard not to give it the number one spot because it's simply infectious .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-NvEec8y8

Allegaeon - Gray Matter Mechanics I did not do my dilligence with metal this year and that is a true regret. While yes I know Metallica released a new album that actually isn't bad I thought it would be best to keep moving forward the new. Allegaeon has put forth a track with melody, death, and technicality worth discovering. Everything here is tidy and with purpose. The song finds a melodic rut and churns into it with precision and a welcome simplicity. Yes, they could do more during the solos but why over stuff the box when it has been measured exactly and fulfilled?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JqH1M4Ya8

David Bowie - Lazarus Yes i'm pretty sure that's the feeling of your skeleton slipping out of your body. The song dares to open with "Look up here i'm in heaven." and from there Bowie reminds you that through all of his iterations and personas he absolutely sets the scene. The song is more of a dirge than a tune and the lyrics speak to the cloying fever dream of a man in hospice. Every word I write about this song is a disservice to one of the greatest artists my senses have ever had the privilege to enjoy. While his death makes this track more poignant the art remains something to behold.

oh uh i think @so it goes asked this in the holiday thread and also @y2jake215 because he's a fun boy

@DasUberEdward best to you is by far the best song on that album. Would be on my top 10 songs of 2016 also

You looked at the dumb words I typed. I'm sorry for being mean and aloof. I love you buddy.

steam_sig.png

And going from one shit that ends at 8:30 pm to another that starts at 7:00 am. Dick move boss, dick move.

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    There was that guy who ran a fertility clinic who did that to several dozen women in the same town. All looked like the short-sighted, tubby owner and hoo boy yeah he got jailed.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Man some of y'all have been out of retail for a while, huh? :P

Bogart wrote: »
    There was that guy who ran a fertility clinic who did that to several dozen women in the same town. All looked like the short-sighted, tubby owner and hoo boy yeah he got jailed.

That's why we need robots

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    understandable

YoOdHbG.jpg?1

BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Man some of y'all have been out of retail for a while, huh? :P
    Even when I worked retail I had a reasonably consistent shift.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Helldivers bug home world push LF1M

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Yeah retail sucks.

Chu does it ever bother you when other people point out the shitty things about your job, even though you agree and sometimes point them out yourself? Even though you know it's coming from a place of sympathy? (sometimes it bothers me, when it happens in my life and vicariously from your posts cause I'm often in similar circumstances, but I am a broken sensitive weirdo so maybe that's just me)

Also I am depressed af so I haven't expended the effort to set up a big planned thing. Do people still have my phone number? I get to penn station at 3pm next Sunday. I'll be leaving for the airport at like 6pm on Tuesday. No firm plans so if anyone wants to fuck or suck etc

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    tho obvs the Enterprise's #1 hottie is

MAYMbIP.jpg?1

japan wrote: »

I actually belong to Russian Facebook (vkontakte) and have for roughly a decade.

This kind of sex spam does happen, but no more than on normal Facebook, and maybe less.

That tweet sounds like ethnocism to me.

Organichu wrote: »
    Also I am depressed af so I haven't expended the effort to set up a big planned thing. Do people still have my phone number? I get to penn station at 3pm next Sunday. I'll be leaving for the airport at like 6pm on Tuesday. No firm plans so if anyone wants to fuck or suck etc

yes you good we <3 u

steam_sig.png
    Yeah retail sucks.

Chu does it ever bother you when other people point out the shitty things about your job, even though you agree and sometimes point them out yourself? Even though you know it's coming from a place of sympathy? (sometimes it bothers me, when it happens in my life and vicariously from your posts cause I'm often in similar circumstances, but I am a broken sensitive weirdo so maybe that's just me)
    Meh, I'm more critical of Bleric and Bowen about job shitiness. I think Chu doesn't really hate his job.

• SealSeal Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »

That's why we need robots

Once we replace human offspring with robots the chance of DNA contamination will drop drastically.

I'll come.

I can give you my firm plans.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    5MfPJdoh.jpg

Where are you going?

5MfPJdoh.jpg

I have the weirdest boner

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    We told my parents about the always sunny episode where dee gets a cat stuck in the wall and Charlie starts putting more in the wall

And my mom goes "oh, like your grandmother!"

Wut.

She tells us they gave my grandmother a cat to watch for a day or two and when they went to pick it up grandmother was all "oh yeah i haven't seen that cat in a while"

They're all WHAT and find there's a hole in the wall of her apartment the cat went in. Grandmother was unphased by this hole existing and the cat missing.

The cat was retrieved and is safe, no worries.

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    zepherin wrote: »
    Yeah retail sucks.

Meh, I'm more critical of Bleric and Bowen about job shitiness. I think Chu doesn't really hate his job.

Yeah I didn't mean to call you or anybody out, nobody's doing anything wrong.

It's a personal insecurity thing, I mostly do hate my job and I think expend a lot of energy trying not to focus on that, so when family or friends are like "Oh, wow, you have to work on Sunday and can't come to this cool awesome fun party we're having?! That sucks!" every single Sunday, part of me is like... yeah, I fucking know. Thank you for reminding me.

Kid Presentable on
    Drez wrote: »
    5MfPJdoh.jpg

I have the wiener boner

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.