As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Run the [Chat] 3

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    what is up with those inconsistent shifts

just like, okay chubert, come in at 9:32a today, you'll work for 3 hrs and 12 minutes, then have a 16 minute break,

They're all 8.5 hour shifts.

there's no reason for them to start and end at random times if the store hours are consistent

I've watched rad put together her store's schedule. Availability of different workers makes stuff swing back and forth a lot. She'll schedule herself to "clopen" before one of her people if she can.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    desc is a dick on steam and sent me gift.

please show him your dicks on steam and

wait. yes do that but also slap him with a gift if you're bored.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    if anything, kid presentable, i feel insecure about venting about my day. my friends have abilities- business acuity, programming knowledge, whatever- that the market values at over a hundred thousand dollars a year. so i sometimes feel patently ridiculous saying AT THE GROCERY STORE TODAY...

Don't. Everything is relative. Your issues are no less relevant just because your market value is comparatively less than others. That concept makes me literally irate.

Moreso because I do make 6 figures but that's just pushing money around. Who gives a fucking fuck about that? You works somewhere people need to go for fucking food, a literal necessity for people to live. Your job matters more than mine does.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    sorry to take off on an unrelated tangent but it's january 1st so all I'm doing is just going like "oh man what if my life was just magically like different and better and shit"

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    And even though I've never worked in hospitality, I think chat is aware by now that I don't look down on these excellent folk.

I love all peoples.

(except down their blouse

at the titties)

But I do that out of love.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    if anything, kid presentable, i feel insecure about venting about my day. my friends have abilities- business acuity, programming knowledge, whatever- that the market values at over a hundred thousand dollars a year. so i sometimes feel patently ridiculous saying AT THE GROCERY STORE TODAY...

Don't. Everything is relative. Your issues are no less relevant just because your market value is comparatively less than others. That concept makes me literally irate.

Moreso because I do make 6 figures but that's just pushing money around. Who gives a fucking fuck about that? You works somewhere people need to go for fucking food, a literal necessity for people to live. Your job matters more than mine does.

well people who don't make six figures give many big i'd perform the greatest sin for money fucks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Don't gift me just throw your glorious deaths at the big home world

Idk KId P's steam name

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    it's getting dock space for your yacht that's the real killer

I was arriving at an unfamiliar marina the other day on my 60 foot yacht but they send out their pilot boat to tell me the largest slip they had was only 48 feet! Can you imagine that? What kind of marina are they running there? As we got closer I could see it was filled with the sort of ... riffraff I wouldn't want to associate with - you know, the type of man who goes into the office every morning, heaven forbid -, so I'm glad to have avoided that calamity anyway, but still!

• Options
    desc wrote: »
    Don't gift me just throw your glorious deaths at the big home world

Idk KId P's steam name

the harder you hit him with gifts the more he will stream his beautiful voice

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I have a real kindle highlighting problem. I've looked back at the last two chapters and I think I highlighted about half the words.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    what is up with those inconsistent shifts

just like, okay chubert, come in at 9:32a today, you'll work for 3 hrs and 12 minutes, then have a 16 minute break,

They're all 8.5 hour shifts.

there's no reason for them to start and end at random times if the store hours are consistent

I've watched rad put together her store's schedule. Availability of different workers makes stuff swing back and forth a lot. She'll schedule herself to "clopen" before one of her people if she can.

I enjoyed clopening in retail, because every time I'd find something that pissed me off that the closers missed the night before, I could be like, "Ha, oh yeah, I'm such a dick to Future Narwhal."

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    That's a nice sentiment Drez, but unfortunately like every facet of our entire society is kind of built to brutishly disagree, at least in practice if not in theory.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    a slip is the thing you pull a boat onto land with to do hull repairs not dock it and they're way longer than 60 feet and it's not the length of your dock space anyway its the width

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    I NEED TO PEE but I am disembarking from a PLANE and we are getting OFF THE PLANE VERY FUCKING SLOWLY

Also I was sliding into my seat and the lady next to me had her headphones plugged in on the arm of the chair and they caught on my pants and ripped a huge hole in the leg of my fave pajamas I'm pissed

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Elki wrote: »
    I have a real kindle highlighting problem. I've looked back at the last two chapters and I think I highlighted about half the words.

You know how some people say, "bro, you gotta tap that"?

They weren't talking about random pages in random books on your Kindle.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    DAD MY POLITIPANTS ARE RUINED

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    @Gooey @Delmain @OnTheLastCastle @Ludious @ChelleYeah

Who else is coming to South?!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    a slip is the thing you pull a boat onto land with to do hull repairs not dock it and they're way longer than 60 feet and it's not the length of your dock space anyway its the width
    AAre you saying length doesn't matter

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

omfg did you kill the offending person

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    Man some of y'all have been out of retail for a while, huh? :P
    Even when I worked retail I had a reasonably consistent shift.

I worked at a gas station and we had a 6a-2p shift, a 2p-10p shift, and a 10p-6a shift

same start/end times for every shift, so you could at least plan your life a little without wondering if you'd need to come in a 1:45p or 12:00p or some random shit
    When I worked for 7-11 I worked a swing shift 11ish to 7 ish Thursday was inventory so that was 2 hours extra.

At Media Play I did mornings. Because I wasn't retarded and could open.

• Options
    like 100000 kr for a berth

sadface

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    AAre you saying length doesn't matter

above 43 feet it'll just hurt for most women

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »

No she was v apologetic she is a very nice pregnant lady who is scared of flying but did really good

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular

No she was v apologetic she is a very nice pregnant lady who is scared of flying but did really good

u r very magnanimous

sig.gif
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    desc can I participate in your game as a level 1 with no idea how to play this game? I am installing now what is your steam? I am ageoldsandwich

• Options

Definitely not the case in North America. A slip is a location at a marina where you pull in and moor your boat. The thing you pull it on to land with is just called a boat trailer.

• Options
    I don't have any plans or ability to buy a proper boat anytime soon but man I just want somewhere I can have like, a rowboat

having a rowboat would be ace

I'd put out crab pots and fish and just chill

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

Abdhy, I'm gonna level with you

I do not own a yacht

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

No man, it's the thing women put underneath their dresses. What we all aspire to be.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options

u r very magnanimous

Well I overheard her and her husband considering naming the kid the same name as me + same nickname, spelled the same way so

I figured that was fitting payment

• Options

Definitely not the case in North America. A slip is a location at a marina where you pull in and moor your boat. The thing you pull it on to land with is just called a boat trailer.

slipway

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    This is the biggest pretzel I've ever put in my mouth.

image.jpg

Seriously, the girth on this thing...

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    paying christmas bills
    *looks at balance*
    *pays monthly statement only*

• Options
    @Orphane

I just took notice of your invitation in Fallen London, and I agree. Given our current ... elevated statuses, it would serve us well to move in more respectable circles and be seen in more reputable places to carry out our ... pleasant discussions.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    anyway does anyone need an office manager and will pay me like 48k per annum

• Options

slipway

Oh, yeah, the ramp going in and out of the water is a slipway.

But these here?

1myQ8zJ.jpg

Boat slips.

• Options
    desc can I participate in your game as a level 1 with no idea how to play this game? I am installing now what is your steam? I am ageoldsandwich

Oh my gosh I did not know that was you

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    paying christmas bills
    *looks at balance*
    *pays monthly statement only*

The nice thing about having no credit is that I can't ruin it further by racking up credit card debt :P

• Options

slipway

Oh, yeah, the ramp going in and out of the water is a slipway.

But these here?

1myQ8zJ.jpg

Boat slips.

continent of weirdos

ftOqU21.png
This discussion has been closed.