As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CF Secret Santa 2016

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Chain time~
    I love you guys, but you need to use more spoilers tags. :P

Feels like there's still a fair bit missing? Lots of people saying "gift away" or not receiving anything yet ... There was an entry or two that didn't list Santa names that I couldn't track down. Fill in the blanks if you know something I don't~

??? > @MamaWolf > @Koreg > @Grunt's Ghosts > @ArcSyn >
    ??? > @gizzy > @see317 > @Vanguard > @MNC Dover > @Rend > @webguy20 > @Zombie Hero > @TheRoadVirus > @ArcticLancer > @Iron Weasel > @Wildcat >
    > @ElderCat > @Bursar > @Halos Nach Tariff > @Gabriel_Pitt > @crimsoncoyote > @Delduwath > @Green >

@mere_immortal <> @Dayspring
    @TimFiji <> @MagicPrime
    (did this happen, or did I fuck up?)

ArcticLancer on
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Getting back to my apartment last night, i saw that i had a couple of packages. One bag wrapped in blue, the other in red:

Gremlin checks out the blue bag:
    i2eEi2Zl.jpg?1

Inside the blue bag:
    4GvW4Vol.jpg
    Alchemists! Whoooooo!

I'm really excited to play this one. Worker placements tend to be my favorite type of game, and combining that with a logic and deduction puzzle sounds like so much fun. I cannot wait until i can get it to hit my table. Thank you!

Inside the red bag:
    KRtC4uol.jpg
    Pandemic: The Cure! I heard great things about this game! Gizzy and I are big fans of Pandemic (and we are currently in august of our Pandemic Legacy playthrough). I'm super curious about how this one works, and will probably break it out tonight just to see how it goes.

Shortly after, Odin claimed the red bag:
    YA6jZKGl.jpg

And the santa..
    FRted0Xl.jpg

Thank you, @webguy20 ! These are both awesome and I am super anxious to play them both. Amazing job!

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    @Zombie Hero

Pandemic the Cure is awesome, it has all the nailbiting of traditional Pandemic but in a quick to play dice format. My friends and I can usually get a couple games in over an hour lunch break, so I love it for that.

Alchemists looks REALLY cool. After sending you that I posted on my facebook how cool it looked, and my Mom ended up getting me a copy. We shall have to talk about it once they hit the table.

Also, you should have a couple more packages, they show delivered, so someone should have them.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    The apartment office is very disorganized and full of packages - we've been checking everyday. Fingers crossed it's just temporarily buried!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Chain time~

Yeah we were magical santa twins this year!

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Chain time~
    I love you guys, but you need to use more spoilers tags. :P

Feels like there's still a fair bit missing? Lots of people saying "gift away" or not receiving anything yet ... There was an entry or two that didn't list Santa names that I couldn't track down. Fill in the blanks if you know something I don't~

??? > @MamaWolf > @Koreg > @Grunt's Ghosts > @ArcSyn >
    > @gizzy > @see317 > @Vanguard > @MNC Dover > @Rend > @webguy20 > @Zombie Hero > @TheRoadVirus > @ArcticLancer > @Iron Weasel > @Wildcat >
    > @ElderCat > @Bursar > @Halos Nach Tariff > @Gabriel_Pitt > @crimsoncoyote > @Delduwath > @Green >

@TimFiji <> @MagicPrime

Oh it happened and it was magical.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Whats this? Pikachu found another gift for me?
      IMG_4471.jpg
      Whats inside?
      IMG_4472.jpg
      Wow Heroes of the Resistance , A Protectorate Fighter, AND star realms Deckbuilding game.
      :o:D

Thank you, @Kirindal, This was a great gift!

DO3O00C.png
    • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      Star Realms is awesome! The wife and I play the shit out of it and it never gets old.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
      @Zombie Hero I had a cat named Gremlin that looked like Odin except he was 34lbs.

@ElderCat I think I just got that Pikachu for my niece this Christmas.

@Zombie Hero I had a cat named Gremlin that looked like Odin except he was 34lbs.

@ElderCat I think I just got that Pikachu for my niece this Christmas.

34lbs? Dang. Odin is the biggest of our pride and i think he is just 13 or 14 lbs.

Gremlin is a good name for a cat. Mine got his name by chewing through a small wire which managed to cut out all of my TV and internet service.

Steam
    • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
      edited December 2016
      @ArcticLancer

Yep, Fiji and I were Santa Bros. We both got our gifts as well. All is good in the world.

MagicPrime on
      BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
      Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    • see317see317 Registered User regular
      "Zombie Hero" I had a cat named Gremlin that looked like Odin except he was 34lbs.

ElderCat I think I just got that Pikachu for my niece this Christmas.

34lbs? Dang. Odin is the biggest of our pride and i think he is just 13 or 14 lbs.

Gremlin is a good name for a cat. Mine got his name by chewing through a small wire which managed to cut out all of my TV and internet service.

At what weight do you stop calling it a housecat and just acknowledge that you accidently brought home a bobcat?

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Apparently my apartment complex office held these hostage for a long time - I checked every day but they were too lazy to look beyond a glance.

Kitty patrol - ok Buddy you gotta let me open these.
      dyu92aymvan8.jpg

Gremlin is protesting!
      vuup1y71djts.jpg

Betrayal at House on the Hill - I've never actually played this one, and I'm not sure why as it has always been on my radar. I'm excited!
      Spyfall - As soon as I opened this one the first thing ZH said was "Oh you're going to love this one, this is right up your alley."

I can't wait until our next board game night!
      alx2pb9lrb3v.jpg

Thankyou thankyou!!
      I'm .. not sure who this is though?
      glhd8dh6242c.jpg

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
      Island Name: Felinefine
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

The apartment office finally found this package!

Gremlin checks out these two bags:
      9SMYyGYl.jpg

Blue Bag
      RVXdfwDl.jpg
      Joking Hazard! This looks like a great time. Looking forward to checking this out.

Red Bag
      eAv5tZOl.jpg
      The Castles of Mad King Ludwig expansion! This is amazing. This is one of my favorite games and im very excited to seeing what the expansion adds to the game. This will probably get a ton of play.

@webguy20 thank you for all the gifts! This has been super generous! They've all been great and now i need to plan extra game days just to have them all hit the table. Thank you!!

Steam
      It is super confusing that two people in a row finally got a gift that their apt complex office had trouble finding, inside was a red bag and a blue bag, and then their cat Gremlin played with their gifts. Like... what?

DO3O00C.png
    • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
      edited December 2016
      ElderCat wrote: »
      It is super confusing that two people in a row finally got a gift that their apt complex office had trouble finding, inside was a red bag and a blue bag, and then their cat Gremlin played with their gifts. Like... what?

Married couple and a lot of amazon drops. Also a poorly organized apartment office it sounds like. :D

@Zombie Hero Glad you like the games! Heres to lots of game days in 2017 eh?

webguy20 on
    • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
      Gizzy wrote: »
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Apparently my apartment complex office held these hostage for a long time - I checked every day but they were too lazy to look beyond a glance.

(Snip!)

Oh, thank goodness! I was getting worried that something had gone wrong with the shipping. And you are very welcome :biggrin:

see317 wrote: »
      "Zombie Hero" I had a cat named Gremlin that looked like Odin except he was 34lbs.

ElderCat I think I just got that Pikachu for my niece this Christmas.

At what weight do you stop calling it a housecat and just acknowledge that you accidently brought home a bobcat?

His mother was a bobcat. #OnlyinGeorgia

• MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular

I wish I knew who my santa was, so I can thank them properly for the dice!! I've been using it and people are very jealous!!

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
      edited January 2017
      GiftGet2_zps093b52db.gif

Been hitting the nog a bit harder than usual with tinsel still stuck in some places, but Santa dropped by with a load of wonderful goodies!

Mainframe_zpsltskrdmz.jpg

An invitation to hack that Mainframe. Time show my sweet runner skills!

To my mysterious Santa, thank you for brightening my December right up with this fat, fat bank server waiting to be knocked right over!

Edit: That nog was some powerful stuff and I accidentally attributed gifts from another Secret Santa to this one.

Kirindal on
      webguy20 wrote: »
      @Zombie Hero

Pandemic the Cure is awesome, it has all the nailbiting of traditional Pandemic but in a quick to play dice format. My friends and I can usually get a couple games in over an hour lunch break, so I love it for that.

Alchemists looks REALLY cool. After sending you that I posted on my facebook how cool it looked, and my Mom ended up getting me a copy. We shall have to talk about it once they hit the table.

Also, you should have a couple more packages, they show delivered, so someone should have them.

After playing a game with @Gizzy, I can confirm that is definitely fun. The theme was perfect, and the apps was super easy to use. I want to play it again at my next opportunity.

Steam
      @Zombie Hero

After playing a game with @Gizzy, I can confirm that is definitely fun. The theme was perfect, and the apps was super easy to use. I want to play it again at my next opportunity.

I'm hopefully getting it to the table tomorrow night. Any tips for first time players?

@Zombie Hero

I'm hopefully getting it to the table tomorrow night. Any tips for first time players?

I think the only one I have the wasn't obvious on the first playthrough: In the final round, it's tempting to put all your cubes on the exhibit potions space, but make sure you having your victory point seals down on theories first.

Steam
      Well perhaps the CF Santa can tell us if @Green sent the gift to @MamaWolf because then we would be done. Or if there are other mystery participants.

DO3O00C.png
    • MamaWolfMamaWolf The wolf pack guides all to safetyRegistered User regular
      Well perhaps the CF Santa can tell us if @Green sent the gift to @MamaWolf because then we would be done. Or if there are other mystery participants.

I can confirm that @Green is not my santa. We live together, so I would know.

"May the moon watch over you and keep you safe through the night, 'till the morning comes and MamaWolf can protect you through the day"
    • CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
      From my calculations, there are only a couple giftenings unaccounted for.

Great job so far!

If anyone still has to send stuff, you have until the end of January.

santasig.jpg
    • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      ArcSyn wrote: »
      GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

A package arrives! It's super heavy!
      UngznJql.jpg

My oldest helps me investigate the box of mystery.
      XDSPMavl.jpg
      Incoming Transmission - Level 5 ENCRYPTION
      Admiral ArcSyn, Your loyalty to the Empire and skilled command has not gone unnoticed. These interceptors, once part of the Suicide Squadron will serve you well.
      HDdguhP.jpg
      Imperial Veterans! This is so fantastic because I need another defender and bomber and the cards that come in this are AMAZING. Hopefully I can get a few games in over Christmas vacation and destroy some filthy Rebels. Also perfect timing because I'm going to see Rogue One tonight!
      A Spirit Am I Giving Rice Treats This Christmas Panda Santa Claus
      BZoJME0l.jpg
      I've been wanting to play this since I saw it on Tabletop. I love the drafting mechanic (I have 7 Wonders) but more quickly played and lighter. Plus my wife and I and some of our kids love sushi, so this will go over extremely well!
      You can't just send me a miscellaneous list and not expect something odd to show up in the mail! I know we are supposed to send games, but random skillet is just too funny!
      lxlzxQF.jpg
      Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! This is hilarious! I had added this to my misc wish list because Amazon gives you some rudimentary price tracking so I could watch for a sale. My wife has been saying it would be nice to have a cast iron skillet but I can't buy it as a Christmas present because it's a house utility item and her dad got her mom a vacuum one year and any presents like that are called "a vacuum".

So great, Santa! I feel like you have given me clues as to who you are but I haven't figured it out yet. If these aren't clues, then feel free to let me know! Thank you!

Edit: @Grunt's Ghosts Thank you!

Guess what got used today? The skillet! Made some AMAZING rib steaks. Thank you @Grunt's Ghosts!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
      GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

UngznJql.jpg

XDSPMavl.jpg
      Admiral ArcSyn, Your loyalty to the Empire and skilled command has not gone unnoticed. These interceptors, once part of the Suicide Squadron will serve you well.
      HDdguhP.jpg
      Imperial Veterans! This is so fantastic because I need another defender and bomber and the cards that come in this are AMAZING. Hopefully I can get a few games in over Christmas vacation and destroy some filthy Rebels. Also perfect timing because I'm going to see Rogue One tonight!
      BZoJME0l.jpg
      I've been wanting to play this since I saw it on Tabletop. I love the drafting mechanic (I have 7 Wonders) but more quickly played and lighter. Plus my wife and I and some of our kids love sushi, so this will go over extremely well!
      You can't just send me a miscellaneous list and not expect something odd to show up in the mail! I know we are supposed to send games, but random skillet is just too funny!
      lxlzxQF.jpg
      Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! This is hilarious! I had added this to my misc wish list because Amazon gives you some rudimentary price tracking so I could watch for a sale. My wife has been saying it would be nice to have a cast iron skillet but I can't buy it as a Christmas present because it's a house utility item and her dad got her mom a vacuum one year and any presents like that are called "a vacuum".

So great, Santa! I feel like you have given me clues as to who you are but I haven't figured it out yet. If these aren't clues, then feel free to let me know! Thank you!

Guess what got used today? The skillet! Made some AMAZING rib steaks. Thank you @Grunt's Ghosts!

So I should drop by for dinner is what you are saying?

I'm glad you like the skillet. I bought the same one I got you for myself and it's suppose to be coming in this week.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      GiftGet_zpsa504f3d7.gif

UngznJql.jpg

XDSPMavl.jpg
      HDdguhP.jpg
      BZoJME0l.jpg
      lxlzxQF.jpg

So I should drop by for dinner is what you are saying?

I'm glad you like the skillet. I bought the same one I got you for myself and it's suppose to be coming in this week.

I recommend you to season it a bit more before cooking with it. It says it's preseasoned but it wasn't great and took some cleaning after cooking tonight. Once I cleaned it up I went ahead and started seasoning it.

Cooks great though!

4dm3dwuxq302.png
      Yeah, I season all my skillets. You can't overseason it, to the best of my knowledge.

• GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
      Okay, starting to get worried now. @Nullzone The dice were 1 of 4 gifts, has anything else come in yet?

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
      edited January 2017
      Thousand apologies, @Green - I did receive two packages from Amazon late last week, containing a copy of Pokémon Sun and a Quiver card case! The note enclosed mentioned a total of four things so I was waiting for other arrivals before posting - didn't mean to make you worry! (though I don't think I've seen anything else before or after that wasn't accounted for in another gift exchange, so there may still be one thing awol)

Nullzone on
      edited January 2017
      Post reserved for pictures which I solemnly swear will be posted Monday evening.

Edit on Wednesday: I am the stone worst. My bad yo, but here are some pics of my shinies! Pics might be big so I'm not going to inline them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o16ppdnnq5c0uiu/20170112_001752.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iie0wvjojlmmmbn/20170112_001808.jpg?dl=0

Nullzone on
      edited January 2017
      Thanks again @Green! I haven't seen anything else tho so the 4th thing may have been eaten by a grue.

And @MamaWolf, I am your Santa! I was planning to reveal myself via the second gift I had purchased for you, but I misplaced it until TODAY so expect something else to accompany that d20 that thirsts for the blood of your players flashes on a crit :D

Nullzone on
    • CF SANTACF SANTA Registered User regular
      edited January 2017

You've solved my Gifting Puzzle!
      Great job everyone!

A few of fun notes:
      The mere_immortal/Dayspring pairing happened by pure chance. I thought it was awesome that they had each other.
      The TimFiji/MagicPrime pairing also happened by chance, but I didn't even realize it until the gifts started going out, which was hilarious.
      I only had to manually intervene once in pairings: Delduwath originally had himself. He was the last person in the list, so I just swapped the targets of the last two (crimsoncoyote was the other).

CF SANTA on
      santasig.jpg
    • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
      You are all The Best, but @CF Santa is The Bestest. Thanks for another successful year!

Currently Playing:
      The Division, Warframe (XB1)
      GT: Tanith 6227