As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Indie Games] Stardew Valley hits PS4/One on 12/14

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    How did people feel about Jazzpunk here, It's in the psn sale and I'm tempted

Any good?

Jazzpunk is amazing.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Just did he Challenge in The Witness and that was really cool. I had a lot of fun with that.

Not coincidentally, the mechanics utilized in those puzzles were not of the varieties that I felt were the most BS.
    The most BS were sound (the second version of which was not given a proper tutorial like the initial version) and color (the broken/damaged panels were dumb and basically require you to screenshot them, no good way of working it out mentally)

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    It's cool

I keep forgetting that Starbound isn't...Star Control?

Star Control is the one with the crazy Kickstarter bucks right?

I'm declaring a moratorium on all video games using the word Star for at least 5 years.

Just roll it into the same moratorium on games using "fire" and "watch"

35iw85vg0sko.jpg

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

Any good?

Jazzpunk is amazing.

Cool, I shall give it a go, thanks

PSN- AHermano
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    everspace

endless space

infinite space

void space

zero space

spacezero

FreeSpace

are all separate games

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Making a new Advance Wars is a pretty damn good way to follow up making a new Harvest Moon

Nevermind but hey Starbound was a good thing too so this is still real cool

Oh hey, this is basically the game I've wanted since I've first tried Fire Emblem

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    You know what is not a good name for a video game?

"Grey Goo"

DarkPrimus wrote: »
    You know what is not a good name for a video game?

"Grey Goo"

"off-white liquid substance"

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

Making a new Advance Wars is a pretty damn good way to follow up making a new Harvest Moon

Starbound is not Stardew Valley

Though Stardew Valley is published by the creators of Starbound.

JtgVX0H.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    endless space
    Endless Space 2 is apparently a thing they are working on and I hope its good and lots of people buy it because I probably won't unless the combat is radically different from the first (ie enjoyable to me)

but Engless Space 2 needs to succeed so I can get more dungeon of the endless

2x39jD4.jpg
    Endless Space 2: This Space Keeps Going

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    FreeSpace was an awesome game.

Wait, no, I just looked it up and I'm thinking of Freelancer.

Freelancer was an awesome game.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Endless Space 2: We Thought We Found An End To Space But It Turns Out Nope It's Still Going

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Stay tuned for my new game Starwatch Spacecraft

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Endless Space 2: Holy Shit We Didn't Mean to be Literal Please Help

Miss me? Find me on:

Endless Space 3: We Are Lost In All This Space, Just Look At It

• SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    They should've gone straight for Endless Space Infinite

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Endless Spaceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

liEt3nH.png
  • chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Any good?

Yes!

It's a weird, funny little game that constantly changes up the pace and the play so you don't get bored, with a ton of little side gags. It's kind of Airplane or an old Mad Magazine spoof, but a videogame.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Which is the one that takes place in space and there's a big war going on?

Star... Star Battles?

Battletech

No wait, Battlezone

Did anyone but me play that game

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
    Endless Space 4: Space for rent. Your ad could be seen here!

Miss me? Find me on:

DeMoN wrote: »

Star... Star Battles?

Battletech

No wait, Battlezone

Hello, Comrade

Miss me? Find me on:

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    edit: way late

AtomicTofu on
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

freelancer was dope

I was hoping that...whatsitcalled...that game from like, last year, that's basically a space western, but with broadsides?

yeah I was hoping that would be like freelancer and it kind of was but just not as fun?

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Endless Space 5: Endless Prison

VayBJ4e.png
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Moth 13 wrote: »

I am both totally stoked about this video and shocked someone else posted it before I did

They should call it "Endless ______________________________________________ "

Where the ___ is just spaces long enough to cause the steam listing to freak out

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    At a certain point I feel like the VG industry lost cool ass goddamn names.

Thankfully there's

Cornelius Zappencackler's
    The Pulp Sci Fi Title-O-Tron

I would play all these games

VayBJ4e.png
    I mean, if you want to play a video game with a great title, there's always Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist, which is offered at the low, low price of free and doesn't take very long to play through (although you might want to play through more than once...).

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    I mean, if you want to play a video game with a great title, there's always Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist, which is offered at the low, low price of free and doesn't take very long to play through (although you might want to play through more than once...).

I still can't believe how fluid the grapple mechanics are. Just... wow.

Shame about the weird loading times, though. The weather effects also seem to kind of vary from game to game, and not even always in the cool procedural way the game loves.

chiasaur11 wrote: »

I still can't believe how fluid the grapple mechanics are. Just... wow.

Shame about the weird loading times, though. The weather effects also seem to kind of vary from game to game, and not even always in the cool procedural way the game loves.

Heaven help you if the tiger gets out during the lightning storm.

Endless Space 6: Engorgeous

VayBJ4e.png
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

freelancer was dope

I was hoping that...whatsitcalled...that game from like, last year, that's basically a space western, but with broadsides?

yeah I was hoping that would be like freelancer and it kind of was but just not as fun?

@Shorty
    Rebel Galaxy

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    DeMoN wrote: »

Star... Star Battles?

Battletech

No wait, Battlezone

Hello, Comrade

I must have been like 10 when I played that game

I vaguely remember it being an rts that let you control all your units in first person

And I thought it was the coolest thing in the world that you could snipe enemy pilots out of their vehicles and steal them

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

I don't want to be too harsh on a free game but this is super obviously unfinished and needed some more time

PNk1Ml4.png
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    2 Endless 2 Space

-Tal wrote: »

I don't want to be too harsh on a free game but this is super obviously unfinished and needed some more time

I think it did exactly what they set out to do, although the detection for picking up objects could be a little tighter. Also allowing you to rebind the crouch key.

Freespace was also an awesome series

Freespace 2 remains my favorite space sim to this day

This discussion has been closed.