As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2016 - GIFTING COMPLETE!

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT

Satan came through, and there's still more to come!

EUkQlQb.jpg
    2 packages were delivered to my door yesterday! From Australia! Of course when I arrived home I was stumbling drunk, having finished the better part of a bottle of Bacardi Gold, and was full on the mushroom-flesh of my lizardman's opponents in D&D. So these are from this morning. Important clues may have been missed.

nlhVGGv.jpg
    A gift of newspaper! Truly a generous Satan, gifting me with tales from Australia! I spent some time attempting to decipher the clues on these pages before I realized I had missed the greatest clue of all.

XU2hQrw.jpg
    "OK, so first of all how dare you. How on earth am I meant to follow up the Bad Dragon dildo? I tried, but I couldn't and I had to go get something nice and useful.
    I looked into getting a flashy kit, but in the end I went with good, solid, individual pieces from a bar outlet store. And I went with a Boston Shaker because most of my friends are bartenders. I sincerely hope you enjoy getting into cocktails.
    My absolute favorite one is in the top right corner of page 101 of the book that's coming/arrived. There should also be one last package that'll be sent sometime later, I'm commissioning something.
    Hail Satan!"
    After spending some time puzzling out the meaning of this clue, I determined the true gift was not in fact the newspaper!
    JA5Kkzo.jpg
    So now I've got a shitload of bar gear to work with! Goddamn, I am impressed! Whoever you are, Satan, your presence in the Land Below has made my life better today. Hail Satan!

• Options
    Ironically, in all my talk about clues, I missed the tiny tag from one of the packages that told me my satan's identity!

Thanks, @Lalabox ! You're the best!

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    to be fair

that muddler totally looks like a dildo.

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    someday I will learn to only purchase lightweight items to send to my satan

$20+ of domestic shipping later, today is not that day

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    to be fair

that muddler totally looks like a dildo.

Just toss it in the dishwasher afterwards and it can be!

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    "Your coctails are so savory! What's your secret?"

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    A package should have been delivered on Tuesday! I hope it was received.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Hey @Sir Fabulous
    How is that headset? Headphones are a thing you really can't trust reviews on, and you can't get any kind of sense of the sound of them without actually trying them.

They weren't particularly high end or expensive, but they were heavily researched so I hope they sound good! If they're trash let me know and I'd be happy to return them for you.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    I'm real glad it arrived safely Rainfall. The final parcel hasn't been sent yet as I kinda need to save up a bit more money again, and then hound my brother for a bit, but I am committed to sending it

• Options
    Lalabox wrote: »
    I'm real glad it arrived safely Rainfall. The final parcel hasn't been sent yet as I kinda need to save up a bit more money again, and then hound my brother for a bit, but I am committed to sending it

Well I've got enough new toys from your first packages to keep myself busy, I'm sure the final package will come as a surprise and blow my mind all over again!

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Apparently UPS's idea of Tuesday before 8:00pm is Friday at about 1:30 in the afternoon. Fortunately someone was around to sign for it. I'll try to swing by and pick that up tonight.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Yayy!

I got a rad gift! Look at this strong beginning!

sncj0zjbiqc2.png

That's right! I got gifted
    An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States (ReVisioning American History)

by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz

totva0d08bwh.png

Thanks so Much!
    Pooro and all sorts of rad people recommend this book!
    I'll be digging into it this new year weekend.

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I was not aware of this book... I may have now bought it for myself...

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    What are the chains looking like?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Since you asked nicely...

Leftovers from 2015:
    Bucketman ➔ Goose!

Preemptive strikes/Gifts in the Satanic Spirit of the Season:

Stale ➔ Naphtali
    Stale ➔ Rankenphile
    Stale ➔ Nogs
    Stale ➔ plut
    Stale ➔ Penguin Incarnate
    Stale ➔ Raijin Quickfoot
    Nullzone ➔ Lasbrook
    Brolo ➔ lonelyahava
    QuickSnap ➔ Rankenphile
    QuickSnap ➔ #pipe
    ❓ ➔ Naphtali
    ❓ ➔ Goatmon
    ❓ ➔ Rankenphile
    ❓ ➔ The Geek

CHAINZ:
    ❓ ➔ BucketmanBlackhawk1313Nullzone Brolo 2VeldrinLost SalientcabsyRankenphileJasconius Straightzi 2NogsLalabox 2RainfallSlacker71 2Smof
    ❓ ➔ Rayze 2TheRoadVirus 2 3 4 5Raijin QuickfootKadithPenguin Incarnate 2The Hanged ManLasbrookMatev 2Abracadanielgodmode 2N1tSt4lker 2Goose! 2 3 4 5SkeithMortal SkyCelloMrDoctorProfessorNoggin 2 3Goatmon 2 3 4#pipe 2Sir FabulousXaquinNaphtaliOkami 2. (plut)
    ❓ ➔ Ketbra 2
    Tynic ➔ Virgil_Leads_You 2 3 4The Geek 2 3Perrsun 2JimBobtheMonkey 2fightinfilipino Romanian My Escutcheon, DoxyTossrock 2FearghaillQuickSnapFig-D 2GrobianDashDTam
    ❓ ➔ Charmy DaMoonRulz 2 3Platypus Beirut 2

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Edit: Nevermind.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Ugh incomplete chains trigger the hell out of my OCD.

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I jacked back in to The Internet after the holidays to discover a bounty of digital treasures! On Steam, I scored XCOM and XCOM 2, two very highly regarded games that somehow I'd managed to miss all this time, and also a healthy dose of Blizzard credit! Obviously I immediately bought a few loot boxes in Overwatch. First one even had an epic in it, much better than my usual 3 greys and a blue. It's not 100% clear to me if @Romanian My Escutcheon, Doxy was my Satan or just a proxy, but either way, thank you very much! Hail Satan!

edit: rereading the message I think RMED was just the messenger, so the true origin (of all lies/darkness) remains unknown.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    @#pipe

The headset is treating me very well, thanks for asking!
    I didn't need a crazy expensive piece of gear, just something that let's me listen to sounds and record my voice better than my computer's inbuilt stuff.
    And it does that admirably.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Ugh incomplete chains trigger the hell out of my OCD.

it is what it is. not everybody posts when they receive things immediately, some people send the gifts anonymously, etc.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    According to the notes in my Amazon gift, I should still be expecting a hand made gift, which is cool because my Satan has already gotten me plenty of rad stuff.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Dear Satan, I haven't heard from you yet but that's ok because I'm at MAGFest til Sunday night. Cheers and I hope alll is well.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    In addition to the previous gifts, Mister Moon also sent me a code for Warhammer: Vermintide

Thank you, Mister Moon

Mister Moooon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn0wxRQoaBQ

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Seriously, thank you, DMR, you've been an excellent Satan!

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh my fucking goodness you guys...

...so I'm home today, even though today was the first day back at work, because I managed to catch some evil wicked flu/cold thing. Seriously no fun. Up all night until about 5 am, throat raw, cold sweats, face feeling like it's going to explode, alternating between shivering and roasting. Miserable.

I get up at 7:30 am for a phone call to get my team started at work at 9. Lug myself into the shower. Have our call, wrap myself in a blanket and sit at my desk at home, feeling terrible and trying to catch up on email.

Right when I'm just about to give up and go climb back into bed, utterly defeated, my spouse says, "Hey! You got something in the mail!" and brings in two packages, setting them by my feet.

8Qb8Bft.jpg

Oh goodness... what is this?

aMsm54h.jpg

IT'S SATAN!

What brilliant timing the Dark Lord has. I desperately needed a pick-me-up.

lxOWhfP.jpg

Thanks @Cabsy. It may not find me well, but it found me, and lifted my spirits greatly!

But what's inside? Let's find out!

susSCPa.jpg

Classy houndstooth indeed.

RD3SdXY.jpg

Within I find a half-dozen tubes of Rub-N-Buff, a rubber mallet and a wood burning kit, as well as a Holiday Activity Pad! Amazing!

CYPzqQj.jpg

This stuff is brilliant. I first learned about it from Adam Savage's Tested videos -- it's a wax putty you apply to surfaces to make them look highly realistically metallic. Super excited to try them out, I've got just the project for it.

rcIW5sZ.jpg

This bad boy is going to get a workout very, very soon. One of my hobbies is to get old jewelry and cigar boxes from local thrift stores, sand them down and refinish them into dice boxes for my RPG-playing mates, usually adding runes and designs to them in the process. I'd been using and abusing my old soldering iron, but it really made for sloppy looking designs, and I'd been lusting after a decent wood burning kit forever. I even got a book on introduction to wood burning techniques, but just never got around to getting the tool. I've got three boxes I'm currently sanding and prepping for refinishing, so the timing on this was immaculate.

I forgot to take a photo of the mallet, but that's another one whose timing was perfect -- just two days ago I was given this huge shelving unit, still in the back of my car, that requires a rubber mallet to assemble properly. I was going to go buy one next time I got paid.

dkzROle.jpg

Oh, and the activity book! Someone helpfully predicted my weary and groggy state and so completed the really hard puzzles (I kid, just two of them. Made me laugh out loud.)

I know what you're thinking. "But Rank, what about that other box? The big white square one?"

Yeah, check out what was in there!

ZgoqSAE.jpg

Holy fucking shit, you guys. Ziggy Motherfucking Stardust.

I am so beyond happy. Thank you so goddamned much. So goddamned much.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Oh my fucking goodness you guys...

...so I'm home today, even though today was the first day back at work, because I managed to catch some evil wicked flu/cold thing. Seriously no fun. Up all night until about 5 am, throat raw, cold sweats, face feeling like it's going to explode, alternating between shivering and roasting. Miserable.

I get up at 7:30 am for a phone call to get my team started at work at 9. Lug myself into the shower. Have our call, wrap myself in a blanket and sit at my desk at home, feeling terrible and trying to catch up on email.

Right when I'm just about to give up and go climb back into bed, utterly defeated, my spouse says, "Hey! You got something in the mail!" and brings in two packages, setting them by my feet.

8Qb8Bft.jpg

Oh goodness... what is this?

aMsm54h.jpg

IT'S SATAN!

What brilliant timing the Dark Lord has. I desperately needed a pick-me-up.

lxOWhfP.jpg

Thanks @Cabsy. It may not find me well, but it found me, and lifted my spirits greatly!

But what's inside? Let's find out!

susSCPa.jpg

Classy houndstooth indeed.

RD3SdXY.jpg

Within I find a half-dozen tubes of Rub-N-Buff, a rubber mallet and a wood burning kit, as well as a Holiday Activity Pad! Amazing!

CYPzqQj.jpg

This stuff is brilliant. I first learned about it from Adam Savage's Tested videos -- it's a wax putty you apply to surfaces to make them look highly realistically metallic. Super excited to try them out, I've got just the project for it.

rcIW5sZ.jpg

This bad boy is going to get a workout very, very soon. One of my hobbies is to get old jewelry and cigar boxes from local thrift stores, sand them down and refinish them into dice boxes for my RPG-playing mates, usually adding runes and designs to them in the process. I'd been using and abusing my old soldering iron, but it really made for sloppy looking designs, and I'd been lusting after a decent wood burning kit forever. I even got a book on introduction to wood burning techniques, but just never got around to getting the tool. I've got three boxes I'm currently sanding and prepping for refinishing, so the timing on this was immaculate.

I forgot to take a photo of the mallet, but that's another one whose timing was perfect -- just two days ago I was given this huge shelving unit, still in the back of my car, that requires a rubber mallet to assemble properly. I was going to go buy one next time I got paid.

dkzROle.jpg

Oh, and the activity book! Someone helpfully predicted my weary and groggy state and so completed the really hard puzzles (I kid, just two of them. Made me laugh out loud.)

I know what you're thinking. "But Rank, what about that other box? The big white square one?"

Yeah, check out what was in there!

ZgoqSAE.jpg

Holy fucking shit, you guys. Ziggy Motherfucking Stardust.

I am so beyond happy. Thank you so goddamned much. So goddamned much.

oh man I didn't get you the vinyl so you have an extra imp out there who loves you!! but I am glad that the rest of it found you alive and in one piece, I was a bit worried that mallet would break free and tour the states alone

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    I mean, look at the back of this record.

cIc3Lc1.jpg?1

To be played at maximum volume.

Oh, indeed.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Woah. Someone else got me Ziggy?

Man, the timing alone is impeccable. It came from NY too. Crazy.

Whoever you are, thank you so much.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    A partially completed activity book is an incredible christmas gift

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »

Right?

It's right up there with re-gifting old birthday and graduation cards to people. Totally hilarious.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Woah. Someone else got me Ziggy?

Man, the timing alone is impeccable. It came from NY too. Crazy.

Whoever you are, thank you so much.

I actually live within a half mile of a big record store that specializes in vinyl, but I was worried it would need special shipping and stuff so I focused on getting you stuff that made my husband deeply jealous

when I was pricing out shipping he helpfully offered to keep the mallet to cut down on costs

• Options
    very generous of him

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »

Right?

It's right up there with re-gifting old birthday and graduation cards to people. Totally hilarious.

Pass it on, like the Fraggles!

https://youtu.be/Z7a3MSndEAw

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Holy shit

Holiday Activity Pad is the new Desktop Hulk

• Options
    Woke up this morning with a message from a lovely imp!

A message from the Underworld.

o5s6mpwr1daj.png

Yooo!

American Revolutions: A Continental History, 1750-1804

So much critical nation shaping stuff occurs in this period.

I'm def jumping into this interesting mess of events and politicians next.
    Thank you again!

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    I jacked back in to The Internet after the holidays to discover a bounty of digital treasures! On Steam, I scored XCOM and XCOM 2, two very highly regarded games that somehow I'd managed to miss all this time, and also a healthy dose of Blizzard credit! Obviously I immediately bought a few loot boxes in Overwatch. First one even had an epic in it, much better than my usual 3 greys and a blue. It's not 100% clear to me if @Romanian My Escutcheon, Doxy was my Satan or just a proxy, but either way, thank you very much! Hail Satan!

edit: rereading the message I think RMED was just the messenger, so the true origin (of all lies/darkness) remains unknown.

@Tossrock I have been informed that apparently something will be arriving soon that may clear up this most mysterious of mysteries.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    I have received another package!
    7w4o8igdysl6.jpeg

A captainly gift within!
    ftwq3i75lc42.jpeg

Wonderful! I will most certainly wear it to the office.

But 'tis not handmade as the Amazon notes foretold? Is this an additional gift my as yet unnamed Satan neglected to mention? Or is there another imp at work here?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I missed this thing for the first time in like 6 years and I am v sad about it

If anyone gets shafted I am happy to send a handmade gift as a backup because I <3 all you nerds so very much

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »

@Tossrock I have been informed that apparently something will be arriving soon that may clear up this most mysterious of mysteries.

Okay so apparently @Romanian My Escutcheon, Doxy lied, in the manner that the Prince of Lies would lie, and he was actually my Satan all along! How do I know?

A fuckin' rad ass gift, that's how!
    3b6kvbb6al1n.jpg
    5ke4ol5v8g13.jpg
    1h02r8jmkmxw.jpg

SWAG BALLIN OUTTA CONTROL

Seriously I am going to use this... basically all the time? I do a lot of outdoor camping/harebrained hacky projects and having a multitool I can carry around for permanent access to a knife/pliers/screwdriver/etc is awesome.

Thank you so much!

sig.png
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Okay, I have been slacking. I received a second package from my Satan days ago but was unable to make a proper post but now I can! My pup wasn't around to inspect things this time but...

kbxf1oshw3rf.jpg

A wild, heavy box appears!
    The package contains bottles!

lsqbjq9bv6v6.jpg

SO MANY BOTTLES.

lrve2rgk6myo.jpg

A big ol' selection of brews from Hi-Fi Brewing. The labels may be hard to read after I resized the image down from HUGE so from left to right: Pre-Amp Blonde (x2), Sitar IPA (x2), Da Newbie Vienna Lager (x2), Woofer Porter (x4), and Whiskey Vanilla Woofer Porter (x2). I've since gone through two bottles of Woofer (I have a fresh pint next to me for this post), Whiskey Vanilla Woofer was a hit with the beer drinkers at the New Year's Eve party I attended, and my neighbors quite enjoyed the Pre-Amp Blonde that I shared with them on New Year's Day. High marks all around.

Thanks again Satan! I may not know your (forum) name but I have raised several glasses in your honor.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D