As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Trump Administration Thread For Discussing the Trump Administration

19495969798100»

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    They're just barely stopping short of "This guy is an idiot or a liar or both."

I'd love it if the situation weren't terrifying.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    "The 'Intelligence' briefings"

*twitch*

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    What Donald Trump just making shit up

never!

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I wonder how much the career Republicans are actually worried about Trump's attitude toward the intelligence agencies

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I wonder how much the career Republicans are actually worried about Trump's attitude toward the intelligence agencies

They're training themselves not to be worried

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
    Trump only trusts his briefings from the FSB and the GRU

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    thisisfine.jpg

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    The intelligence agencies are going to have to give all their material to the 60 Minutes guys, it's the only way Trump will pay attention to it.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    klemming wrote: »
    The intelligence agencies are going to have to give all their material to the 60 Minutes guys, it's the only way Trump will pay attention to it.

I honestly think this will start happening.

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    thisisfine.jpg
    Worry about what? Republicans will control every facet of the federal government in two weeks. Nothing. Else. Matters.

Panda4You on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    thisisfine.jpg
    Worry about what? Republicans will control every facet of the federal government in two weeks. Nothing. Else. Matters.

The important thing is the tax cuts for millionaires, the one true Republican plank.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    Marsha Blackburn was just on NPR claiming that all the stuff you like about the ACA were Republican ideas the Democrats stole and ruined by putting them into Obamacare and the Republicans would be making things right.

The interviewer at least did a decent job of holding her feet to the fire about them having no actual plan or timeline for said making right of things.

edited January 2017
    Trump is again making policy statements on Twitter that are vague but about as precise as he will ever get.

tl;dr: Don't make it worse in any way. Make it better in every way! I am smrt.

He is just going to deny all the ways it is made worse by whatever Republican replacement bill he signs.

Couscous on
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Oh, somehow I didn't realize that the 20th is a Friday, and I work Sun-Thurs.

So that Friday and Saturday's going to entail me with a blanket over my head for 48 hours hoping that things don't immediately go to shit, huh?

• EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Trump is again making policy statements on Twitter that are vague but about as precise as he will ever get.

He is just going to deny all the ways it is made worse by whatever Republican replacement bill he signs.

Why deny when he can blame someone else?
    Denying just avoids him being at fault. Someone else being behind it not only makes him look good (he was fighting FOR THE PEOPLE after all) but gives a target for people to hate/attack.

Which is exactly what he's doing there.
    Obamacare = Dems.
    Super high rate hikes = Dems
    System being worthless = Dems

Even if they cut and paste everything from the ACA and change absolutely nothing but the name, they will still demonize the ACA as a Democratic failure and blame anything people complain about as remnants of Obamacare or issues caused by Democrats meddling.

• tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular

It makes me very sad that trumps arguments are inferior to those made by random republican trolls who periodically invade our forums. Vastly inferior to those made by our actual local right wing folk. Although, I think most of them view themselves as democrats now!

Does he not realize he could get someone to help him write these tweets? Even at 3 am. He could have a bevvy of scantily clad busty tweet writing assistants standing by to translate his nonsense into real words.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    You could have C-3PO standing next to him and he'd fail to translate his nonsense into real words.

Man's just completely unhinged and lives in his own little world where everyone grovels at his feet and praises him.

• RichyRichy Registered User regular
    You could have C-3PO standing next to him and he'd fail to translate his nonsense into real words.

Man's just completely unhinged and lives in his own little world where everyone grovels at his feet and praises him.

That's not his own little world. That's the real world. Or did you miss the idolizing crowds at his rallies, the top GOP figures bending the knee and kissing the ring, and the media showering his every twitter bowel movement with attention and deference?

sig.gif
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    I can't comment on cable/network news as a whole, but MSNBC and NBC are definitely pushing the "Trump lied about the intelligence briefings being pushed back" stuff.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    edited January 2017
    Why deny when he can blame someone else?
    Denying just avoids him being at fault. Someone else being behind it not only makes him look good (he was fighting FOR THE PEOPLE after all) but gives a target for people to hate/attack.

Which is exactly what he's doing there.
    Obamacare = Dems.
    Super high rate hikes = Dems
    System being worthless = Dems

Even if they cut and paste everything from the ACA and change absolutely nothing but the name, they will still demonize the ACA as a Democratic failure and blame anything people complain about as remnants of Obamacare or issues caused by Democrats meddling.

Good point...

twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/816668019212554240
    Sense from GOP members coming out of Pence meeting: Few details on repeal plan, message emphasizes blaming Obamacare for bumps that arise
    Goddamnit.

Couscous on
    Richy wrote: »

That's not his own little world. That's the real world. Or did you miss the idolizing crowds at his rallies, the top GOP figures bending the knee and kissing the ring, and the media showering his every twitter bowel movement with attention and deference?

Well it's not everyone worshiping him.

When he declares the Pledge of Allegiance be altered to read "One Nation, Under God-Emperor of Business Trump"...

twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/816668019212554240
    Sense from GOP members coming out of Pence meeting: Few details on repeal plan, message emphasizes blaming Obamacare for bumps that arise
    Goddamnit.
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Of course Republicans are going to blame Democrats.

We have to make sure that it doesn't stick.

That's the gig.

This isn't a world where the assholes are going to stop pretending they're not assholes.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »

Just brief alec baldwin for his SNL trump skits. We know Donald watches those closely.

That's because everyone he knew up till now lived in that same little world.

He's used to people kissing his ass for everything.
    Kissing his ass to gain favor.
    Kissing his ass to avoid his displeasure.
    Kissing his ass for forgiveness.

He's never had to really work to get "respect" from people close to him. Which is why he is always so focused on those who throw negatives at him.
    "Everyone else kisses my ass and loves me, what's wrong with these people who don't?"

Which is what really kills me about him being President because he's going to have two VERY different worlds he lives in.

He's going to have his personally groomed circle of peon's who will flock around him and answer to his every whim for all of the kissing ass reasons listed above.

And he's going to have people (including many heads of state) that don't give a damn who he is that will absolutely not kiss his ass.

How is he going to react to these people? What's going to happen when he gets into a serious disagreement, as the President of the United States of America, with the leader of another nation (or several)?

He can't handle not being liked and respected. He's just entirely too used to being the center of his own universe.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Everyone keeps saying that there are a ton of heads of state that won't line up to kiss Donny's ass, but so far I've seen zero evidence of that.

Somehow, this depresses me more than that Republican lack of backbone in standing up to Trump.

There's no minimum safe distance from America. The responsible thing to do if you're another head of state is play nice and fly under the radar.

Arch wrote: »
    Everyone keeps saying that there are a ton of heads of state that won't line up to kiss Donny's ass, but so far I've seen zero evidence of that.

Somehow, this depresses me more than that Republican lack of backbone in standing up to Trump.

Lots of them will. They want US Aid, military help, trade, etc.

But there are many who will not.
    China, Iran, and Russia will certainly try and manipulate Trump for their own ends, but if push comes to shove they are not going to mince words when they tell "The Donald" just what they think of him and what he can do with that toupee of his.

That's not even counting many of the smaller countries that just won't care.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

Xi Jinping has been adversarial with Obama in general. I don't see him or whoever his successor is toning it down for Trump.

• CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »

It makes me very sad that trumps arguments are inferior to those made by random republican trolls who periodically invade our forums. Vastly inferior to those made by our actual local right wing folk. Although, I think most of them view themselves as democrats now!

Does he not realize he could get someone to help him write these tweets? Even at 3 am. He could have a bevvy of scantily clad busty tweet writing assistants standing by to translate his nonsense into real words.

If he did, his followers wouldn't love him any more. The thing is that Trump actually talks like an idiot pub philosopher. You can find a guy like him pontificating in any "old man bar" in any country. Most politicians are smoother than that. But Trump talks to these guys in their own language. (And amazingly he does it stone cold sober, since usually you have to be three sheets to the wind to blather on for hours about politics.) If he had some clever Republican spin doctor explaining what he "really" meant his voters would vanish, because bland politician speak makes them zone out.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod

They're just following the Al Qaeda plan

603330664_sA9ak-2100x20000.jpg

smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.