As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We are the Cookie Brigade. We'll always save the day... We'll always find a way

punziepunzie Cookie PimpRegistered User regular
If you were looking for information regarding becoming a part of the Cookie Brigade for PAX South 2017 or you're just curious about what we're all about then you're in the right place. We're gearing up for another PAX and looking forward to adding to our lifetime total of $303,000 raised for Child's Play!

If you're not already registered on the Cookie Brigade website please do so ASAP! Information on how to join the PAX South 2017 group will be coming soon!

wQojq.png

WHO WE ARE:

The Cookie Brigade is a ragtag group of Penny Arcade Forumers who have assembled since PAX 2007 to provide our fellow gamers with delicious baked goods! Cookies are baked by forumers, brought and shipped from afar by forumers, and distributed by forumers!

The Cookie Brigade does not sell cookies. We give cookies away for free.

Brigadiers also accept donations to Child's Play, which are entirely voluntary but greatly appreciated!

And it's very convenient to get a cookie and give a donation at the same time.

Starting in 2007, the Cookie Brigade began a mission to give these cookies in exchange for donations to Child's Play, the charity started by Mike and Jerry that provides entertainment to kids in children's hospitals. Since starting on this mission, the Cookie Brigade has raised over $300,000 mostly by the handing out of cookies and the reception of donations from the incredible, amazing, and generous PAX community! In 2016 alone we raised over $70,000 for Child's Play! Woooooot! Thank you everyone for your generous donations; you have helped an awesome cause!

WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?

Looking to Volunteer? Head to http://cookiebrigade.org/ for more information!

Looking for some general information? Check us out on the PAX Community Wiki!

You can also find us on the following social media locations,

Twitter: @Cookie Brigade
G+: Cookie Brigade

And during or pre-pax, feel free to light up the Cookie Signal!

Hashtag: #cookiebrigade

I WANT TO HELP IN THE BRIGADE!

If you're interested in
  • Baking delicious cookies
  • Distributing to people during PAX
  • Helping organize cookies and distributors

We can definitely use your help! Sign up at our website, http://cookiebrigade.org if you wish to participate in the organizing, baking, and/or distributing!

An important note: due to certain external pressures on the Brigade we have to keep some of our more sensitive planning operations private. If you sign up on the Cookie Brigade website you will have access to our public forums but will need to submit an application through the site to become a brigadier. Thank you for your understanding!

BASIC BRIGADE GUIDELINES

• We give out cookies, we do not sell cookies! We do happily pass all donations along to Child's Play, so feel free to give us donations if you want.
  • Keep it PG and family friendly. We love to give cookies out to kids and as such we ask all brigadiers to remain family friendly with their cookies (sorry no dickerdoodles) and distributing activities!
  • Have fun and enjoy PAX!

HI3789R.png

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Yes, the PAX cookie sirens are returning! Our South crew is pretty small, so please consider joining our group of awesome people. Distributing cookies can really add to your PAX: you meet people you otherwise wouldn't, they make a good ice breaker, and most people like you after you hand them a free cookie :biggrin:

HI3789R.png
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Still waffling on whether I'm going to cookie this year. I did year 1 and made a bunch of chocolate chip cookies (All By Myseeeelf) and it was a lot of work. I really wanna do peppernuts, but those are an even more ridiculous amount of work to mass produce. If i can rope in a couple friends to parallelize the baking process maybe.
    This year I'm driving down so I'm not as limited by luggage space too.

Edit: But handing out cookies was fun. Everybody loves seeing a cookie bearer.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    Ok, i happened to run into a friend who has mass produced peppernuts in the past for her job, and she gave me a few tips. Gonna make a batch or 2 this week to see how it goes.

steam_sig.png
    I hope it goes well!

HI3789R.png
  • SplintershieldSplintershield Registered User regular
    This is the coolest idea! I'll try to bring some but I'll be there cosplaying all day and there might be... logistical issues.

• MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    I will be at PAX South this year guys! I am a gym leader in the PAX Pokemon League, so i will NOT be going hardcore like i have in previous years. BUT I am happy to still stock and distribute cookies in the Pokemon area if needed :)

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
    Pokes need cookies too.

steam_sig.png
    Pokes need cookies too.

I think they tend to prefer candies. RARE candies.

HI3789R.png
  • shimwoodshimwood Registered User regular
    Just don't ask what the candies are made of.

khd33hubozxv.png
  • nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    everyone needs cookies including pokes trainers.

punzie wrote: »
    Pokes need cookies too.

I think they tend to prefer candies. RARE candies.

Hahahahahaha! Then it's official, the Pokemon Trainers will have cookies!!!

This is the coolest idea! I'll try to bring some but I'll be there cosplaying all day and there might be... logistical issues.

Cosplayers make great distributors! You're already drawing attention to yourself, why not give out cookies at the same time?
    What sort of logistical issues? If your face is covered or you don't have a free hand, we can pair you with someone else to help.

HI3789R.png
    I just had an idea: Someone should sit in handheld as the "pokestop" and hand out cookies. Quick! Someone make me a spinnable pokestop hat!

HI3789R.png

Cosplayers make great distributors! You're already drawing attention to yourself, why not give out cookies at the same time?
    What sort of logistical issues? If your face is covered or you don't have a free hand, we can pair you with someone else to help.

Bonus points if you're cosplaying as No Face from Spirited Away. Holding out cookies going "Ah. Ah."

steam_sig.png
  • ahstoddardahstoddard President-kidnapping Ninja Houston-ishRegistered User regular
    I wish the cookie tins were going to be available at South, but I'll make due waiting for the shipping availability and just get additional cookies.

B2YfFSb.png
  • RenfamousRenfamous Weeb, Unexceptional Cosplayer Houston, TexasRegistered User regular
    I'll be distributing in cosplay all three days! Even have a cookie brigade logo to put on my Large Hammer 8-)

Remember folks, the best way to find us this weekend is by following our twitter: twitter.com/cookie_brigade If you need cookies, tweet at us or use #cookiebrigade. I also retweeted a bunch a of pics of delicious and awesome cookies over the last couple days :)

HI3789R.png
    edited January 2017
    I just had an idea: Someone should sit in handheld as the "pokestop" and hand out cookies. Quick! Someone make me a spinnable pokestop hat!

This is genius....... but I'm already at PAX, so I can't make it happen. That being said,I will be in the pokemon area with a large distribution inventory all weekend need a cookie? Come visit gym leader Lloye!

Another mention... when will someone be in cookie hq tmrw? I'll want to stock up and hit the lines at 8am at the latest.

MASeffect on
    We raised just over $12,000 for Child's Play!
    We wound up with about 15 distributors and plenty of cookies (even a few leftover).
    :D<3

HI3789R.png
  • ahstoddardahstoddard President-kidnapping Ninja Houston-ishRegistered User regular
    I completely forgot to grab my cash stash that I keep for conventions, which effected my merch purchasing, but I made sure I kept the little bit of cash I did have for some cookies!

B2YfFSb.png
  • SplintershieldSplintershield Registered User regular
    We raised just over $12,000 for Child's Play!
    We wound up with about 15 distributors and plenty of cookies (even a few leftover).
    :D<3

Glad I could be a part of it! Thats a new record, right?

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    You all did an amazing job! I was able to snap up some anise cookies...pillowy soft, even on Sunday! I'm hoping there will be some of those Pokémon cookies next time, those looked so awesome.

You all did an amazing job! I was able to snap up some anise cookies...pillowy soft, even on Sunday! I'm hoping there will be some of those Pokémon cookies next time, those looked so awesome.

Glad you liked the anise cookies! I ended up making way too many of them.

steam_sig.png
    Glad I could be a part of it! Thats a new record, right?

Sure is! We made $10k in 2015 and $8k in 2016.

HI3789R.png