As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How to read this Hawkeye series (Marvel NOW by Matt Fraction)?

jclastjclast Registered User regular
edited January 2017 in Graphic Violence
I've heard that this is a good (and hopefully self-contained) story. Volumes 1 and 2 make sense (mostly) but 3 and 4 are vexing me. If I pick this up (it's looking good), how do I know what order to read stuff in? Why would volume 3 randomly have an issue from another set in it and skip issues 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, and 20? Volume 4 has those in it but lists #17 before #12. And what's up with Young Avengers Presents? Why would I get or want issue #6 without the others?

Is the intended reading order going by the issue numbers? Or is it front to back volume 1-4?

Listing is spoilered in case folks don't want to go to amazon.
Volume 1:
  • Hawkeye #1
  • Hawkeye #2
  • Hawkeye #3
  • Hawkeye #4
  • Hawkeye #5
  • Young Avengers Presents #6
Volume 2:
  • Hawkeye #6
  • Hawkeye #7
  • Hawkeye #8
  • Hawkeye #9
  • Hawkeye #10
  • Hawkeye #11
Volume 3:
  • Hawkeye Annual #1
  • Hawkeye #14
  • Hawkeye #16
  • Hawkeye #18
  • Hawkeye #20
Volume 4:
  • Hawkeye# 17
  • Hawkeye #12
  • Hawkeye #13
  • Hawkeye #15
  • Hawkeye #19
  • Hawkeye #21
  • Hawkeye #22

camo_sig2.png
jclast on

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Vol. 3 focuses on Kate Bishop, Vol. 4 picks up with Clint again (they were alternating story lines every month, so like 16 was Kate, 17 was Clint, 18 was Kate's story again, etc.). Young Avengers Presents #6 is a standalone issue about Kate Bishop, you don't need to read any of the other issues. You'll be fine reading them in order by Volume. A lot of the issues are stand-alone one-shots so you don't need to read them chronologically. Like, #17 is a holiday special.

Zavian on
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Wonderful - thank you!

camo_sig2.png