As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Neverland

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub
imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Neverland

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    lack_of_focuslack_of_focus Registered User new member
    I made an account just to say...the preview image and the comic images are swapped! The home page preview is a itty bitty comic, and the comic a GIANT ZOOM OF TRACERS FACE. I love it, keep this new format.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "... did I ever get good at you?"
    "No."

*sad trombone*

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Until they fix it (for those less inclined to go rooting through the source code), you can find the comic here: https://photos.smugmug.com/Comics/Pa-comics/n-xmQS5/i-pxwcXb6/0/X4/i-pxwcXb6-X4.jpg

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Sometimes its okay to bot be good at certain characters.

• Options
    ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    More like Roadhog. That hook timing is so hard to master, given it's directly correlated to distance. I don't know why I can play competitive Pharah, but can't even play a competent RH. Seems like the same skillset, but I can't get my brain around that hook.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Seems accurate. At least he didn't try to get good at Genji.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    playing on console, I've resigned myself to only try to be good at characters who don't have to aim.

Junkrat/D.Va/Mercy/Symmetra 4 lyfe

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Zomagic wrote: »
    More like Roadhog. That hook timing is so hard to master, given it's directly correlated to distance. I don't know why I can play competitive Pharah, but can't even play a competent RH. Seems like the same skillset, but I can't get my brain around that hook.

Last I knew Roadhog's hook is hitscan, so distance doesn't matter. That's why it does wonky things like seeming to hit people who just ducked around a corner. Because the animation happens after a hit is determined.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Zomagic wrote: »

Last I knew Roadhog's hook is hitscan, so distance doesn't matter. That's why it does wonky things like seeming to hit people who just ducked around a corner. Because the animation happens after a hit is determined.
    The hook is not hitscan. It has never been hitscan.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Is anyone still having a problem getting the comic to load anywhere? @ me.

• Options
    PirateTruckPirateTruck Registered User regular
    I main Tracer and am good with her but I play on PC. I can't even imagine trying to play her with a console controller.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I play with controller on PC. Tracer is not that bad, her clip empties so quickly and you're typically shooting from so close that the accuracy required isn't as prohibitive as McCree, Genji or even Soldier IMO. <3

That said, I am aware my accuracy is never gonna measure up to keyboard bros, so I tend to avoid going Offensive whenever possible. Symmetra and her newly buffed aimless death ray are my main DPS choice ;D

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    While I don't play overwatch I know this feel. When I first started playing Team Fortress 2 I wanted to be able to play Spy. It's my least played class because I couldn't handle the anxiety. I tried played Medic one day and my natural affinity for helping people took over.

Over the years I've played the class for about 1,600 hours. I love helping make the difference between a stalemate and I push win and the feeling that comes with helping your teammates shine. I'm OK with other classes seeming sexier to most. As far as I'm concerned this is my theme song from the years I played https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4D7Uod4Cg

• Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    There are some classes like Genji, Tracer, McCree that I'm fairly sure I'll never be decent at.

But there's been classes where this approach has actually worked: Just play it enough until you figure it out. For me it was Mei and, (importantly because I couldn't play any tanks before this) Dva that I learned to play semi-decently through rote practice.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Welcome to the club, Gabe.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    What's "Shinvala"?

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    It's either a greeting, or the god's real name. Cause he's saying whaaaat, and she replies "Shinvala" like it's an answer to what she is

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    prime_pmprime_pm Registered User regular
    I enjoy my D.Va best, but I agree you have to know how to play her the right way. There are moments when I win Play of the Game and others when I crash and burn. The worsts are when I get out-D.Va'd by another D.Va player and they get Play of the Game instead. Ah, petty jealousy. I love this game.