As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, January 6, 2017 - Back Up

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, January 6, 2017 - Back Up

Back Up

Back Up

http://campcomic.com/comic/390

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• briguybriguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I'm kind of feeling bad for Randall.
    Getting bopped on the head all of the time can't be good for him.
    Maybe he has a concussion? Maybe that's why he's such a jerk? Poor guy. I'd probably be mad too, if people kept hitting me on the head with sticks.

Woo! Go Malachi! Stand up for your friends!

briguy on
  • Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    yes Malachi. Swing those sticks like a madman.

• kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    That's probably the most courageous thing he ever did.

• Hawk1966Hawk1966 Leiche Central FloridaRegistered User regular
    Somewhat like the Grinch a part of Malachi grew three sizes today.

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    I'm legitimately surprised at how Malachi is awesome in this one!

• FrelanceFrelance Registered User new member
    Oh man. He's been RE-bopped.

• Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    I adore how Malachi is stepping up, but my big take: thank *goodness* Brian didn't see Seventeen getting threatened. #darkesttimeline

I adore how Malachi is stepping up, but my big take: thank *goodness* Brian didn't see Seventeen getting threatened. #darkesttimeline

I think Brian would have done worse than break Randall's arm. :bigfrown:

• WelcomeToGoodburgerWelcomeToGoodburger Registered User regular
    A very realistic way of how Malachi could step up and help and still make me feel good about seeing it. A+ writing on this one.

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    @Christian LeBlanc . He has a perfect view on the scene. he only needs to tilt his head. There is a big change he has seen it. I want to think he has.

• RuntCakeRuntCake Swampsville, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Oh man...please don't be in rage mode when Seventeen gets there, Brian. The fear! The feels!

RuntCake on
    The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed after him.
  • PaizleeRoxPaizleeRox Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a list of all the named/nicknamed characters in the camp?

PaizleeRox wrote: »

I made this a while ago: http://nairbgolb.blogspot.com/2016/11/campwcharacters.html?m=0

• CheeseGod99CheeseGod99 Registered User regular
    The Bopper has become the Bopped.

• PaizleeRoxPaizleeRox Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Thank you, Briguy! I really appreciate this, Here's what I needed it for.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1stG7vsdRkdpBCQWeFzrT6CCrqwvoQLnEMoMhZ9fzhqQ/edit?usp=sharing

PaizleeRox on
  • hajenhajen Registered User regular
    I can't tell you how scared I was when the comic paused with just the top half of the first two panels... whom am I kidding, yes I can.
    all I could tell was that Seventeen was being heroic, then Randall signaled that he had activated his death wish AND when the rest of the comic downloaded, I expected Brian and knife would be in the middle of a miasma of bloody salsa.
    instead Malachi, sweet, but not one altruistic bone in his body Malachi, obviously inspired by "Rambo" Seventeen, is wailing away at the cretins. bravo!

• CrystalisCrystalis Registered User new member
    Long time reader, registered today just to say "Go Malachi! Go Malachi!" Even though he is clearly freaking out, he's being heroic to save Seventeen!

• leadingzer0leadingzer0 Registered User new member
    Sweet. Brian, who has only had himself against all during his childhood, finally has someone by his side.

• UnwieldyUnwieldy Registered User regular
    Dear Malachi, with the heart of a coward and the brain of a baboon, steps in to help his friend...

• J-mentalJ-mental Registered User regular
    Rope Course Kid went from generally menacing to full on Evil with plans to exterminate! Damn, that escalated quickly.

I love how all the kids look concerned with Malachi's stick waving.He's using his panic adrenaline to keep them at bay!

• Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Courage is doing what you must, even when you're peeing your pants and every single cell screams 'flee!' The most courageous people I have known were scared to death but fought the fire, the bear, the angry mob. Any idiot can be brave. Courage is what you have when you can't be brave, but must.

• The GorchThe Gorch Registered User regular
    This post-apocalyptic camp has just become full-on Hunger Games.

• LunarNexusLunarNexus Registered User regular
    Damn, go Malachi.

• SargeSarge Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »
    PaizleeRox wrote: »

I made this a while ago: http://nairbgolb.blogspot.com/2016/11/campwcharacters.html?m=0

Hey great, can you update the wikia with that stuff?
    See: http://camp-weedonwantcha.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Campers

• Mr FishMr Fish Registered User regular
    I feel like we're all going to hear many-a-tale about how the mighty Malachi saved the day. There is no way Malachai will EVER let them forget haha!

• RblDiverRblDiver Registered User regular
    How did Malachi go from wielding one stick in two hands, to wielding two sticks, one in each hand? :P

• JackJack Registered User regular
    @RBLDIVER He's still wielding one stick in two hands, it's just harder to tell from further away. Look closely!

• jonasunjonasun Registered User new member
    So this may have been asked before, but is the white haired bully from Brian's memory the same as this guy? They look alike, but it might just be coincidence?

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Now that is love!

• TorqueTorque Registered User new member
    Courage is doing what you must, even when you're peeing your pants and every single cell screams 'flee!' The most courageous people I have known were scared to death but fought the fire, the bear, the angry mob. Any idiot can be brave. Courage is what you have when you can't be brave, but must.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."

- Nelson Mandela

One of my favourites of his.

• VisionAriVisionAri Registered User regular
    The kid on the far right is SO re-evaluating his life choices right now.

• MikhandreiMikhandrei Registered User regular
    I... have a bad feeling about what will happen next. I don't wanna be specific about it, but I fear it will be really tragic, due to what the previous page was about.

Kinda hoping it will, for a deeper more emotional storyline, and hoping it won't, due to my emotional investment with the characters in this comic.

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    See, I was totally invested in the theory that Brian was going to Hulk Out and Seventeen was going to calm him down...

Now I'm not so sure... I think it's Hulk Smash time and I honestly don't know if anyone or or anything can, or SHOULD stop him.

Talyn Rahl wrote: »
    See, I was totally invested in the theory that Brian was going to Hulk Out and Seventeen was going to calm him down...

Now I'm not so sure... I think it's Hulk Smash time and I honestly don't know if anyone or or anything can, or SHOULD stop him.

On one hand, furious righteous anger wish fulfillment is something I cannot deny (at least in a fictional context).
    On the other, Brian controlling himself would be a major character milestone on par with Malachi standing up for his friends. Seventeen won't always be there, and if he can control himself just once, that would be a tiny step forward in controlling his demons.

• DJFlare84DJFlare84 Registered User regular
    Malachi's internal dialogue as I picture it:

WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING. Oh right. Brian. We're saving Brian. HE WAS SUPPOSED TO SAVE US NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. They had him tied up though, I GUESS it's a good enough excuse!

I can't believe I just hit that guy! They're gonna kill me! THEY'RE GONNA KILL ME! No, no Malachi it's fine. You just keep swingin' and we'll run. I'm the best runner. If worse comes to worst I can carry Seventeen on my shoulders and we can just outrun Brian. They can have Brian.

... no wait, Brian's the reason we came back! SH**!!! I'M GONNA DIE!!!

MALACHI WHY ARE YOU STILL SWINGING JUST RUN
    They can't have Brian!
    RUN RUN RUN STUPID RUN
    No, stupid! No! Brian's your friend! Just keep swingin'!
    AAAUGH WHY IS BEING A HERO SO TERRIFYING.

• SideshowJonSideshowJon Registered User regular
    Malachi's Terror-Eyes sell this one to me

• BlackSocksBlackSocks Registered User new member
    You do not know the power of the Stick Side.

• ShadymanShadyman Registered User regular
    I sense that 'bonking' will become a recurring gag with this character.

• ShadymanShadyman Registered User regular
    "Order of the Stick"
    "South Park and the Stick of Truth"

Many, many stick-based cross-universe puns to be made.

• Candide ScaramoucheCandide Scaramouche Registered User new member
    "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known." --Dic...uh...Malachi's last words