As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

East 2017 Hotel Partners and Hotel Discussion

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Snagged the Westin again this year for Thursday through Sunday, which I'm really happy with especially now that I'm dealing with some mobility issues. Only a single bed so my sister will get the floor or a cot, but she's young and it's her first year - gotta break her in somehow!

UyhWici.png
  • PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular
    Still searching for a Westin/Seaport room- I've looked online and it seems that February is when a lot of rooms should be opening, but hopefully something before then crops up!

• imnotalawyerimnotalawyer Registered User regular
    Potatoeman wrote: »
    Still searching for a Westin/Seaport room- I've looked online and it seems that February is when a lot of rooms should be opening, but hopefully something before then crops up!

FYI - last year onPeak had a March 23 deadline (1 Month before PAX) for cancellations on reservations. Not sure if you can book through onPeak after that deadline passes but they send out an email beforehand asking people to dump their extra reservations. If you don't have any luck in between now and then you should be on high alert the week of February 9.

faPgNTD
  • craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    I forgot about that. I've got rooms that really need to be doubles that are singles right now. I keep checking each day but I know i'll get lucky...I always do lol

DXLJjjr.png
  • NintendoFanGirlNintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    edit: delete/ignore; apparently I have an old inactive account on the forums that I forgot existed.

NintendoFanGirl on
  • NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    Just got an email regarding my 'duplicate' reservations that I don't entirely understand - I believe it's sent as more of a heads up in case people have duplicate reservations that they were unaware of. Says my rooms were flagged because of the similar name (my name is on both - two different hotels and email accounts).

Regardless, this will probably prompt people to dump a few extra rooms they're holding. I'm already seeing a few days of Aloft available and I'm about to let go of two more. Definitely keep an eye out today if you're looking for rooms.

S2ieAvx.png
    Definitely want to keep an eye out- rooms are popping up like NFG said. Thanks for posting, helped me get a couple nights I was looking for :D

yeah I saw a bunch pop up. Theres a double bedded sat at the Westin available now.

DXLJjjr.png
  • SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Just cancelled Seaport Th-Sun to try the Element this year.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I will be cancelling a couple of extra rooms I was holding for friends, Element rooms.

Update: just released (2) fri-mon double rooms

ClannMorgan on
  • CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    I will be cancelling a couple of extra rooms I was holding for friends, Element rooms.

There were double bed rooms at the Element?! Also, wish I had seen this. X_X

edited January 2017

Friday/Saturday/Sunday are up right now
    Edit: sorry, just single beds my bad!

Potatoeman on
  • CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular

Friday/Saturday/Sunday are up right now

I just realized Clann meant double occupancy, not bed.

• ossipagoossipago Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if all block rooms in the Element are suites that include a couch with fold-out bed?

ossipago wrote: »
    Does anyone know if all block rooms in the Element are suites that include a couch with fold-out bed?

If you check the website, you can see what the rooms look like- the cheapest PAX rooms are king studio rooms. You'd likely need to request the king+sofa bed option once the hotel rooms transfer to the hotel

• mindflare77mindflare77 OhioRegistered User regular
    I'll be dropping a Friday through Sunday, single bed at the Westin, Sunday morning around noon EST. Just a heads up to folks.

8BFpSWC.png

PSN/Steam: mindflare77

If you check the website, you can see what the rooms look like- the cheapest PAX rooms are king studio rooms. You'd likely need to request the king+sofa bed option once the hotel rooms transfer to the hotel

I had asked a similar question earlier and this thread and couldn't get an answer.

Last year, Element offered up to quad occupancy (which included double beds or single/pullout sofa rooms) but this year only single and double occupancy rooms exist in the block. I'm assuming this means ONLY the Element King rooms are available as part of the hotel block (one bed, no pullout sofa).

If the King & Queen studio suites are going to be available, it won't be either until the rooms move to the Element's control, or until check-in time.

S2ieAvx.png
  • EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    Got a really great deal for the Kimpton Nine Zero this year. Anyone stayed there? I'm seeing almost excellent reviews.

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • ossipagoossipago Registered User regular
    NFG wrote: »

I had asked a similar question earlier and this thread and couldn't get an answer.

Last year, Element offered up to quad occupancy (which included double beds or single/pullout sofa rooms) but this year only single and double occupancy rooms exist in the block. I'm assuming this means ONLY the Element King rooms are available as part of the hotel block (one bed, no pullout sofa).

If the King & Queen studio suites are going to be available, it won't be either until the rooms move to the Element's control, or until check-in time.

Thanks. Actually, I'd guess that this year the suites ended up being set aside for exhibitors or staff.

• VerbenaVerbena Registered User regular
    A couple random nights at the Seaport just opened up.

Steam - Verbena | 3DS Friend Code - 0576-4430-7964 | Xbox - Verbena Zero
    Friday-Sunday available at the Element right now.

S2ieAvx.png
  • honeysalivahoneysaliva Registered User new member
    Has anyone been able to book double beds for the Aloft? Managed to snag one beds the other day, but reading that the Element isn't offering it this year is making me worried that the Aloft isn't either. >_>

Has anyone been able to book double beds for the Aloft? Managed to snag one beds the other day, but reading that the Element isn't offering it this year is making me worried that the Aloft isn't either. >_>

When you go in to access your reservation, click the "Room Type" drop-down and see what the options are there. If it doesn't show (probably greyed out) anything beyond 2-occupancy, it's probably not available to attendees.

I'm going to wait until the rooms move to the hotels and try requesting a room upgrade, paid or otherwise. I think that's probably the only chance there will be aside from getting lucky at check-in. @ossipago is probably correct about the larger occupancy rooms being held for exhibitors and enforcers.

S2ieAvx.png
  • DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    It seems so weird that so many of the hotels just don't have multiple beds. We were told that with the new hotels that there would be more options for attendees to stay close to the convention, and it seems to have had just the opposite effect. Westin wasn't even available when tickets dropped this year or last, and could only be picked up when some were dropped later on. Element doesn't have doubles, and I never saw an option for doubles at Seaport. The whole thing seems really off.

• SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    It seems so weird that so many of the hotels just don't have multiple beds. We were told that with the new hotels that there would be more options for attendees to stay close to the convention, and it seems to have had just the opposite effect. Westin wasn't even available when tickets dropped this year or last, and could only be picked up when some were dropped later on. Element doesn't have doubles, and I never saw an option for doubles at Seaport. The whole thing seems really off.

The Westin was available when tickets first went on sale. I nearly got one but didn't type fast enough. Doubles at the seaport, renaissance, and aloft have been available.

P0P7S6y.png
    can confirm I have a double at the seaport and a friend in our very large group (I'm booking for 16 here) managed to snag a westin room. Demand is just very high for these rooms. Also don't forget that some rooms are set aside for exhibitors and enforcers.

DXLJjjr.png
  • LoonyEclipseLoonyEclipse WWHRD? Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Likewise, I have a room at the Renaissance with 2 beds.

It's more a matter there are likely fewer of those rooms available in the hotel, and they get snapped up fast by people booking for a group comprised of mroe than just themselves.

Now I do have one question, slightly related: In previous years, when I booked a quad occupancy room (2 beds) I was unable to get a rollaway bed due to fire code (or so I was informed).

This year there's 3 of us, and it gave me a ticker to request a rollaway- is it just the extra person that tripped the fire code restriction?

My pin lanyard
    PSN: L00nyEclip
    Steam: Loony Eclipse
    Twitter: @Loonyeclipse

8hQBw4O.png

It's more a matter there are likely fewer of those rooms available in the hotel, and they get snapped up fast by people booking for a group comprised of mroe than just themselves.

Now I do have one question, slightly related: In previous years, when I booked a quad occupancy room (2 beds) I was unable to get a rollaway bed due to fire code (or so I was informed).

This year there's 3 of us, and it gave me a ticker to request a rollaway- is it just the extra person that tripped the fire code restriction?

Did you request the rollaway in-person? There's always the chance that the online 'ticker' is a new addition, but that those with double-bedded rooms would be denied rollaway beds regardless.

I find that for most cons, any special requests (rollaway beds, early check in, microwave, etc.) are basically ignored until you ask in-person, and often denied (usually due to lack of availability).

S2ieAvx.png
  • SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular

We were in the Renaissance last year with 4 people and 2 beds. We requested a rollaway in person once we got there and it was delivered to us shortly after. I don't think I selected it online at all.

P0P7S6y.png
  • DisposableLemurDisposableLemur Registered User regular
    Solanales wrote: »

The Westin was available when tickets first went on sale. I nearly got one but didn't type fast enough. Doubles at the seaport, renaissance, and aloft have been available.

I should clarify. In general, there are less rooms available with doubles than previous years. I was in the queue the second the tweet went live, never saw westin or seaport doubles, but managed to get ren doubles. Element isn't even offering them this year, and they very much exist, half our group stayed in them last year. I know there's high demand, but it just feels like less overall double rooms were available in the immediate vicinity.

• aaarcher86aaarcher86 Registered User new member
    Element, Seaport, and Renaissance have rooms opened up right now.

• ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    aaarcher86 wrote: »

almost all are single bed, the only double beds are on Wednesday night.

aaarcher86 wrote: »

almost all are single bed, the only double beds are on Wednesday night.

Its the curse of the Wednesday night! I have a feeling we'll see more drops in February. A lot of people may have booked rooms and now can't attend due to various reasons.

DXLJjjr.png
  • killer6699killer6699 Registered User regular
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I have a room at the Aloft Thursday night thru Saturday night. Driving in on Thursday night, do I have to worry about parking in the lot Aloft uses? Just wondering how fast it fills. Never gotten a room, nor driven in before. I finally got sick of upwards of an hour of commuting every day.

killer6699 wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this. I have a room at the Aloft Thursday night thru Saturday night. Driving in on Thursday night, do I have to worry about parking in the lot Aloft uses? Just wondering how fast it fills. Never gotten a room, nor driven in before. I finally got sick of upwards of an hour of commuting every day.
    I stayed at the element last year. Parking does fill up fast however if you get there Thursday night you should be able to get a spot no problem. I unfortunately had to leave PAX for the day Saturday and return Saturday night last year and the lot was full.

DXLJjjr.png
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Looks like the Seaport has at least one 1 bed room for Saturday + Sunday available at the moment if anyone is still looking. I keep checking once in a while to see if any double beds at the Westin open (unlikely, I know).

UyhWici.png
  • kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    Stayed at the Cambridge Residence Inn in 2014 its a few miles away and it was fine taking the subway. This year I'll stay closer at Hilton Boston Downtown

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
    Ahh! my group just got larger so now I need to find another room on top of turning my 1 bedded seaport rooms (2) into 2 bedded!

DXLJjjr.png
  • robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    Getting a 403 Forbidden error on OnPeak. Anyone else seeing that?

6pq9je4.png
    robirex wrote: »
    Getting a 403 Forbidden error on OnPeak. Anyone else seeing that?

Maybe it's been fixed in the past 5 minutes? But OnPeak is functioning normally for me, just checked!

S2ieAvx.png