As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2016 - GIFTING COMPLETE!

• QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Okay, I have been slacking. I received a second package from my Satan days ago but was unable to make a proper post but now I can! My pup wasn't around to inspect things this time but...

kbxf1oshw3rf.jpg

A wild, heavy box appears!
    The package contains bottles!

lsqbjq9bv6v6.jpg

SO MANY BOTTLES.

lrve2rgk6myo.jpg

A big ol' selection of brews from Hi-Fi Brewing. The labels may be hard to read after I resized the image down from HUGE so from left to right: Pre-Amp Blonde (x2), Sitar IPA (x2), Da Newbie Vienna Lager (x2), Woofer Porter (x4), and Whiskey Vanilla Woofer Porter (x2). I've since gone through two bottles of Woofer (I have a fresh pint next to me for this post), Whiskey Vanilla Woofer was a hit with the beer drinkers at the New Year's Eve party I attended, and my neighbors quite enjoyed the Pre-Amp Blonde that I shared with them on New Year's Day. High marks all around.

Thanks again Satan! I may not know your (forum) name but I have raised several glasses in your honor.

I win at Secret Satans forever.

Cheers mate, glad you enjoy them!

6rceun58332p.png
  • .. Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2017
    Okay, first, big apologies to @Okami for the worry. I got home at a later date than I thought I would. Everything arrived safely.

p705cuppvxc8.jpg
    Ash (usually called Ash Potatoes) wanted to help, but he made a better door than a window, so I took a new shot so you could see the awesome book.

1v3dj2yc5pmc.jpg
    Okami, you apparently found it humorous for the same reason I did and it's not messing around when it says "Not-Even-Remotely-Artisinal" as here is one of the "recipes."
    x913x29jm3r1.jpg

Thanks @Okami, I'll have a lot of fun putting together the Ecto 1 while sipping on VERY low brow drinks.

. on
    Gimme stuff. Please. And I don't just mean my Secret Satan.
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I also love that some brave postal worker attempt to cross out some of the SATAN markings on my package with a ball point pen. Ho ho I think not, puny mortal!

Thanks again QuickSnap!

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Wait, that Ziggy Stardust album sleeve - was Bowie forewarning us of the genius of one Mr K. West?!?

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    I also love that some brave postal worker attempt to cross out some of the SATAN markings on my package with a ball point pen. Ho ho I think not, puny mortal!

Thanks again QuickSnap!

Postal worker was just trying to clear things up.
    "No, this is not addressed to SATAN, SATAN, SATAN or SATAN, it is addressed to Fig-D..."

• OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    . wrote: »
    Okay, first, big apologies to @Okami for the worry. I got home at a later date than I thought I would. Everything arrived safely.

p705cuppvxc8.jpg
    Ash (usually called Ash Potatoes) wanted to help, but he made a better door than a window, so I took a new shot so you could see the awesome book.

1v3dj2yc5pmc.jpg
    Okami, you apparently found it humorous for the same reason I did and it's not messing around when it says "Not-Even-Remotely-Artisinal" as here is one of the "recipes."
    x913x29jm3r1.jpg

Thanks @Okami, I'll have a lot of fun putting together the Ecto 1 while sipping on VERY low brow drinks.

Yay! I tried to plan it out for about when you said you'd get home, but I'm glad it arrived safely all the same. I'm giving some serious consideration to getting that book myself, as a person that doesn't drink often, I love me some lazy drink recipes.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Whoops I typed the wrong address for my SS recipient.
    Whoops I'm an idiot.

Sorry, currently anonymous benefactee!

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I sure hope my second package didn't get lost somewhere along the way

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Hey, people who haven't sent anything out yet -

you probably should do that really soon

especially if you have anything that needs to go overseas

• RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I got a gift! And I know it's from my SS because I didn't order anything and they wished me a Happy Christmas when I'm in fact Jewish. Very clever, Satan.

e9efff9f-6428-4b26-bf34-3e84ba9829f0_zpsarrpq4jr.jpg

No indicator of who it's from, but that's ok. I'm one step closer to having the full Dominion set.

Rayze on
  • Slacker71Slacker71 subgenius RentonRegistered User regular
    You can still have a happy Christmas! Christ is Jewish after all.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Slacker71 wrote: »

King of the Jews, even!

edited January 2017
    Slacker71 wrote: »

King of the Jews, even!

Nope, not the King. He was just a guy to us. I did have a happy Christmas though. I spend it every year with my husband's family and it's always a good time.

In any case, I got a second thing! I don't know if these cards are separate from the 2nd edition base set I got for Hanukkah this year but even if it's not, I'll have more copies and that's always appreciated.

dominion2_zpsdf3zgogf.jpg

The note did mention that another thing was coming if this came first but I received Adventures first so I don't know if anything is coming afterwards. If not, I thank you very much whomever sent me these fine gifts.

Rayze on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    A thing has arrived! Several a things, actually!

a6y7NEkl.jpg

I rip the box open in confusion and am greeted by a note and three separate things!
    First, the note
    eQcTvc7l.jpg

It would appear that my awesome satan is @Rayze ! Sorry for being impatient and inquisitive, haha. Not knowing stuff drives me batty sometimes.

Let's look through this last box of loot, shall we?

First up is a bag of freeze dried dog treats? I have never seen these before and they smell surprisingly not awful and Pixi loves them.
    lx0DtTUl.jpg
    1pqoUEhl.jpg

Next is a little jingly mouse thing for cats. Our cat normally dislikes this kind of toy but she has spent the past half hour throwing it to herself and flipping around like a weirdo, so I think this toy is a big hit.
    A3WYI1jl.jpg
    km71uEjl.jpg

And last but certainly not least we have a tin of freshly made brownies!
    o7pQrCll.jpg

I have no idea how to properly photograph brownies it seems. Anyway they smell incredible and i will be making a pot of coffee tonight and sharing these with my wife and with @N1tSt4lker (i guess, if i haaaaave to)

And I will definitely be raising a drink in your name at PAX in a few weeks and spreading the love!

Thanks for an awesome Christmas and for being a real rad Satan

edited January 2017
    I took a chance with the toy and treats but figured the treats would be neutral enough for Pixi to enjoy and the toy has catnip in it so maybe that's why your cat likes it so much.That's definitely why mine loves it.

Enjoy.

Rayze on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Writing "Satan" all over the box is a ballsy move.

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    YO!

This guy came home to a proper 18x18 inch folding game board,
    and a set of 50 blank playing cards.

cgbimw5f36u4.jpg

Most of my work on games have been in digital design files and scrambled color copy print outs,
    so I'm super pleased with having a board and cards that I can apply decals to.

Thank you for the Gift, Satan!
    Fantasy Flight here I come!

VayBJ4e.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Paper prototyping games is the fucking best.

8406wWN.png
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Well, now that the holidays are over, it's good as time as any to reveal myself.

I am the Satan for Abracadaniel, and I hope he's enjoying office supplies and fancy cocktail shaker! His gift of Wishlist Yet to Come will be arriving when it releases in a couple months.

If you get a chance to read this duder, hope you had a Merry Christmas!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Matev wrote: »
    Well, now that the holidays are over, it's good as time as any to reveal myself.

I am the Satan for Abracadaniel, and I hope he's enjoying office supplies and fancy cocktail shaker! His gift of Wishlist Yet to Come will be arriving when it releases in a couple months.

If you get a chance to read this duder, hope you had a Merry Christmas!

A SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM @Abracadaniel
    Thank you so much for the office supplies, we're actually getting ready to renovate our office at work so I'll actually have room for stuff!

The shaker is perfect, we kept on meaning to get one for making cocktails at home so it's awesome.

Things like Secret Satan are why I love this community, and I really, really appreciate being able to participate this year. Things haven't been easy but stuff like this reminds me how great it is that a bunch of internet randos can come together over the years and form a big weird awkward family type thing and do something great for one another.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I should work on my board game again.

BLM - ACAB
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Next is a little jingly mouse thing for cats. Our cat normally dislikes this kind of toy but she has spent the past half hour throwing it to herself and flipping around like a weirdo, so I think this toy is a big hit.

I think cats just don't appreciate toys from their owners. Every time I buy toys for friends' cats, they say "ah, my cat doesn't really play with toys" and then next day I get a text "oh my god he won't stop playing with it how did you do this"

but then they also say I'm a disney princess, because anytime someone says "My dog/cat isn't friendly with strangers" they get all up in my shit. One of my friends gets upset when I hold her cats because they won't let her hold them.

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    @cabsy GIRL I just want you to know that I have other gifts for you still! I just literally haven't had a weekend at home when the post office was open since before Christmas :bigfrown: I'm going to try to skip out during the day this week and mail your last gifts!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    @Tossrock I used my vacuum sealer for the first time tonight and it was so easy! Cutting in a straight line will always be a challenge but that's on me.

• TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    @Tossrock I used my vacuum sealer for the first time tonight and it was so easy! Cutting in a straight line will always be a challenge but that's on me.

:) you should use the built-in slide cutter - you can use it to both cut lengths of bag, and open sealed ones!

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    @Rainfall hey so i've been trying to get this one last thing to send to you together and i don't think it's going to be happening sorry. My brother is a ceramicist, and he makes lovely works and I was hoping to comission something but his life has just been a bit too turbulent to be accepting commissions and it looks like it's not coming together.

I really hope you've been enjoying the cocktail stuff, though!

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    So according to my calculations the people who haven't gotten gifted yet are
    Mortal Sky
    Tam
    Tynic

There's still 3 weeks left, and things may well be underway, but maybe @Brolo you want to give their Satans a heads-up?

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »

:) you should use the built-in slide cutter - you can use it to both cut lengths of bag, and open sealed ones!

D:

I somehow didn't see that there and the instructions said to use scissors because I assume (now) that they reuse the same booklet for multiple models

Grobian wrote: »
    So according to my calculations the people who haven't gotten gifted yet are
    Mortal Sky
    Tam
    Tynic

There's still 3 weeks left, and things may well be underway, but maybe Brolo you want to give their Satans a heads-up?

Indeed! The chains are almost complete!

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    @Tynic thank you for the lovely gifts and the seasonal card!

(Your Art is the best OMG, I did a quick scan)

x5hpc2378jkd.png

I wanna print out a man sized one at work and pose with a face cut out so bad....

But outside of work, I've enjoyed the books, and since it's kindle, I've shared them with family who are also enjoying them.
    My Mom and Oldest Brother especially.

Thank you for making this Winter a bit less dreary for all of us!

VayBJ4e.png
    I still as yet know not who my Satan is.

BLM - ACAB
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    The Geek wrote: »
    I still as yet know not who my Satan is.

You and roughly eight/nine other people :P

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    Rainfall hey so i've been trying to get this one last thing to send to you together and i don't think it's going to be happening sorry. My brother is a ceramicist, and he makes lovely works and I was hoping to comission something but his life has just been a bit too turbulent to be accepting commissions and it looks like it's not coming together.

I really hope you've been enjoying the cocktail stuff, though!

I have been! It's a lot of stuff and an awesome gift, so don't worry, I'm thrilled with your Satan qualities!!

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    the chain grows

@Skeith got me some stuff on Steam, and I'm particularly excited to play Morrowind again because my brother ran off with my old copy like a decade ago

tumblr_nrxbf7JhSN1tug3pjo1_500.jpg
    KFOc6Gn.gif

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Tynic's card from a couple of years ago is set out on display every Christmas at my house. It's so great.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    A final gift has appeared!
    It's in an envelope!
    xxz1tnmgchvp.jpeg

In another envelope!
    cya9z7drlibm.jpeg

And within that is a whole bunch of custom stickers!
    7l8mk65xmftc.jpeg

It's one of my favorite local wrestlers! How could my Satan have known? *wink*

Thank you so much, mysterious Virgil from Kentucky! These are super special. Like super duper special. A lot.

Seriously.

BLM - ACAB
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I jacked back in to The Internet after the holidays to discover a bounty of digital treasures! On Steam, I scored XCOM and XCOM 2, two very highly regarded games that somehow I'd managed to miss all this time, and also a healthy dose of Blizzard credit! Obviously I immediately bought a few loot boxes in Overwatch. First one even had an epic in it, much better than my usual 3 greys and a blue. It's not 100% clear to me if @Romanian My Escutcheon, Doxy was my Satan or just a proxy, but either way, thank you very much! Hail Satan!

edit: rereading the message I think RMED was just the messenger, so the true origin (of all lies/darkness) remains unknown.

@Tossrock I have been informed that apparently something will be arriving soon that may clear up this most mysterious of mysteries.

Okay so apparently @Romanian My Escutcheon, Doxy lied, in the manner that the Prince of Lies would lie, and he was actually my Satan all along! How do I know?

A fuckin' rad ass gift, that's how!
    3b6kvbb6al1n.jpg
    5ke4ol5v8g13.jpg
    1h02r8jmkmxw.jpg

SWAG BALLIN OUTTA CONTROL

Seriously I am going to use this... basically all the time? I do a lot of outdoor camping/harebrained hacky projects and having a multitool I can carry around for permanent access to a knife/pliers/screwdriver/etc is awesome.

Thank you so much!

@Tossrock I would apologize for my duplicitous nature, but I'd like to think it worked out pretty well.

I hope that multitool serves you well, and that you find XCOM and XCOM 2 to your liking!

It was an absolute pleasure serving as your Dark Benefactor. <3

[IMG][/img]
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    @Mortal Sky Get this installed before you dive back in, it's much more simple these days!

aTBDrQE.jpg
    I'm glad they got there okay! Geek!
    I had started a silver/green mask design but I noticed some new photos and adjusted accordingly!
    ebo4o7oli9c2.pngbhgrkfxhdco1.png
    He's my favorite Wrestler too, and I thought business card size would be good and easy to share.
    Or good for labeling things. The decals were made with vinyl & laminate rated for 5 years and are outdoor durable.
    So a bunch of kids/adults could decal up whatever and where-ever

Oh, I did have a few other ideas for KY stuff to send, but I wasn't sure of your opinion of Bourbon/Liquor.

You def have some Ale-8 (it's a fruity ginger ale soda), and Virgil's Root Beer on the way though!
    Best of Luck with 2017

VayBJ4e.png
    Super awesome, man.

Also, yeah, I don't really drink so good call on sodas instead of liquor.

BLM - ACAB