As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

South 2017 Schedule!

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Chris Perkins is the storytime speaker! Definitely looking forward to that!

edited January 2017
    Also ACQ INC AT SOUTH FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!

zerzhul on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    The path to the schedule from the top level (paxsite.com) is broken, it takes you to the East schedule (which doesn't exist).

YoungFrey on
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    No autograph session with Mike and Jerry :(

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • ahstoddardahstoddard President-kidnapping Ninja Houston-ishRegistered User regular
    RILMS wrote: »

I'm sure that will be fixed, seems rather odd to not have that.

B2YfFSb.png
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    The path to the schedule from the top level (paxsite.com) is broken, it takes you to the East schedule (which doesn't exist).
    I was trying to see where you meant, but it's just the link inside of the blog post on south.paxsite.com. I'll poke folks about that getting fixed.

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    I am super stoked for the Acq Inc show! And Chris Perkins storytime!

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    As someone who can't attend, really excited to stream this one, I was hoping when I heard Perkins was going it was because of Acq Inc. Do we know what theaters aside from Main twitch is streaming from?

• e1rohire1rohir Registered User new member
    No overwatch tournament? Boooooooooooo

there's no schedule yet that I have seen for the PAX Arena. It could be that overwatch might be featured there.

• bird_magnetbird_magnet Knoxville, TNRegistered User new member
    When will the app be updated?

signature.png
    Unknown! The Android app I linked above has been updated to reflect 2017 and will be updated incrementally as the show gets closer. I don't know when the ios app will be updated.

• IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    This is the first year I bought only a Saturday badge and am sincerely regretting it! I might have to get Friday as well.

EDIT: caved and bought Friday tix.

Irsool on
    uV3Kd9v.png
  • BlargdonBlargdon Deadly Handsome Man houstonRegistered User regular
    No MC Frontalot this year. Was also hoping paul and storm would be back. Oh well, get to find some new bands, or maybe do something else instead of concerts this year.

• BadCrumpanyBadCrumpany Registered User regular
    Blargdon wrote: »
    No MC Frontalot this year. Was also hoping paul and storm would be back. Oh well, get to find some new bands, or maybe do something else instead of concerts this year.

BitBrigade is a lot of fun to watch. They speed run a game and play the soundtrack with it.

Has anyone checked out the guide app yet? There is a section in the level 3 map labelled "True Dungeon." I'm really hoping it's a DnD/Pathfinder-intensive area!

uV3Kd9v.png
  • PotatoemanPotatoeman Registered User regular

I think they said last year they're rolling it into the Pinny Arcade sessions? They didn't have an official signing time for West 2016 either

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    Unknown! The Android app I linked above has been updated to reflect 2017 and will be updated incrementally as the show gets closer. I don't know when the ios app will be updated.

This morning the android app insisted it was up to date and it was still 2016 even when i manually told it to update, until i removed and reinstalled it.

steam_sig.png
  • Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    No expo hall map up yet? Or am I blind?

This space for rent
  • RILMSRILMS North BayRegistered User regular
    Potatoeman wrote: »

I think they said last year they're rolling it into the Pinny Arcade sessions? They didn't have an official signing time for West 2016 either

Hmm, you make a good point. I got their signatures at a bonus pin trading at West. I'll figure something out :)

OtyHMcu.jpg
  • ahstoddardahstoddard President-kidnapping Ninja Houston-ishRegistered User regular
    Blargdon wrote: »

When thinking about who I wanted to see in concert this year the two of them didn't even cross my mind, because it just seemed like a given that both would be in attendance. Was hoping The Doubleclicks would be back this year as well.

B2YfFSb.png
    it looks like the schedule has been removed from the android app, probably because it was incomplete. I'm sure it will update again soon.

• macrogeekmacrogeek Registered User regular
    Irsool wrote: »
    Has anyone checked out the guide app yet? There is a section in the level 3 map labelled "True Dungeon." I'm really hoping it's a DnD/Pathfinder-intensive area!

True Dungeon is a thing that runs at GenCon. It's a live dungeon crawl. You bring your group at your appointed time and they walk you through setpieces that are the rooms and challenges of the dungeon. In the past they've used different mechanics for dice rolls...my friend did it and they used a shuffleboard like minigame to determine your rolls that year. They have done things like a giant dragon head puppet, or a life size gelatinous cube.

• StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
    ok i need to get in on that alone shame i'm going alone :(

macrogeek wrote: »

True Dungeon is a thing that runs at GenCon. It's a live dungeon crawl. You bring your group at your appointed time and they walk you through setpieces that are the rooms and challenges of the dungeon. In the past they've used different mechanics for dice rolls...my friend did it and they used a shuffleboard like minigame to determine your rolls that year. They have done things like a giant dragon head puppet, or a life size gelatinous cube.

Holy cow that sounds amazing!!!

uV3Kd9v.png
  • StackedStacked Registered User new member
    This is my first PAX South and I really don't want to miss Perkins storytime. Does anyone know, does the main theatre have its own queue? Or do you have to go to the queue room for everything. I can't tell if the queue room is just to get into the expo hall as soon as it opens. Thanks.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The queue room is used to line up to get into Expo each morning, as well as serving as the area for autograph signings and such. If you want to line up for a panel that happens at the beginning of the day, you line up outside of that theater.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • MattauiMattaui Dallas, TXRegistered User regular

While I see they list True Dungeon on the PAX map, the TD site itself doesn't say anything about a True Dungeon event at PAX, and I can't seem to find any info about it anywhere. Any ideas where we might learn more?

Mattaui wrote: »

While I see they list True Dungeon on the PAX map, the TD site itself doesn't say anything about a True Dungeon event at PAX, and I can't seem to find any info about it anywhere. Any ideas where we might learn more?

I sent an e-mail, got back a reply saying there was no official announcement yet. I imagine we should hear more about it in the next few days!

uV3Kd9v.png
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Is PAX South less busy? I am hoping for a reasonable wait for Acquisitions Inc.

Are they going to show it on Twitch?

Krathoon on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Yes on both counts.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Christopher HuffChristopher Huff Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    True Dungeon is high up on my interest lists as well. As if I didn't already have had enough difficulties planning my days out, this won't help one bit at all. xD

Christopher Huff on
    gVqmaCN.png
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    From looking at the True Dungeon FAQ, it seems like getting tickets to it (the FAQ says they are $54, but does not mention PAX so who knows?) might be a challenge. So if you want to do it, I'd follow them on so you have a better chance of knowing when they are for sale. Also, if you're looking to do this, I'd read up. There are all these treasure token (which you can spend real money on) and a solid aftermarket for them.

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    From looking at the True Dungeon FAQ, it seems like getting tickets to it (the FAQ says they are $54, but does not mention PAX so who knows?) might be a challenge. So if you want to do it, I'd follow them on so you have a better chance of knowing when they are for sale. Also, if you're looking to do this, I'd read up. There are all these treasure token (which you can spend real money on) and a solid aftermarket for them.

If that price quote is right thats kind of disappointing. Seems at lot less exciting with a 50+ dollar price point after the badge prices.

The price point is a little discouraging; especially since I go with my wife, so my cost would be x2.

uV3Kd9v.png
    edited January 2017
    I need a lanyard. If I remember right, they hand those out with the goodie bags at the start of the day.

I think I have past lanyards and a Monster Hunter lanyard laying around here somewhere.

Krathoon on
  • StinkyTurdStinkyTurd Registered User regular
    God I hope they don't suits/ticket sales for true dungeon soon and hopefully they bring plenty of those tokens for sale because I'm buying a bunch lol this thing looks so damn cool.

• The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I will be surprised if there is an additional cover. One of the great things about Pax is that once you have your badge, anything to do inside is free.

But... This may be the first PAX organized without Khoo.(I imagine he did a bit for Prime before leaving.)

So.... Should I be worried about microtransactions in my gaming con?

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • japesterjapester Registered User regular
    I will be surprised if there is an additional cover. One of the great things about Pax is that once you have your badge, anything to do inside is free.

Yeah, but a cursory glance at the True Dungeon web site makes me think this compares to typical PAX fare like a Disney ride compares to a carnival booth. It sounds like a massive experience. Of course, they are already making money hand over fist by selling tokens, so $50+ on top of that seems a bit steep. But I don't begrudge them an extra fee if this is as elaborate as it claims to be. (And this comes from someone who has staffed some of the biggest PAX booths in prior years--I'm not dissing exhibitors. But the most we generally do is set up some demo units for people to try. We don't design entire dungeons. LOL)