As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games Done Quick: See You Next Mission

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    There is no room for stuntin' in a speedrun.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    LET'S HEAR IT FOR BIG JON! *crowd is immediately muted*

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I haven't seen Super Mario Sunshine since the GameCube days, short sleeve Mario is bad and wrong.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I love Mario Sunshine! The music, the graphics, the sounds... 2002 was one of the most fun years of my life.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    good god that was close.

Edit: Oh shit, they are going to run Mighty Number 9. I... I'm curious how that will go.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    There is no room for stuntin' in a speedrun.

unless you're playing Yoshi's island

• Options
    Wait, Final Fantasy any%? This ... huh. I was actually thinking earlier today about how I used to tuck the button into the frame of my NES Advantage with turbo turned on and leave the room for a while just to buy 99 of any item. This game is the definition of slow. If they glitch through it will be interesting.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    that wasnt how i expected the doom run to end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXNYtvYrfM

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    inferior jojo version

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    inferior jojo version

Nah

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    The final fantasy and now gauntlet have been pretty good

I also love Feasel and he was cooping these two runs so hell yeah

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I fell asleep during the FF run :bigfrown:

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    fuck

I think the thing that makes me want to be at agdq the most is pinballjoe

I would die in proximity to that many machines

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I did not know this was going on right now! I thought the old threads would be bumped.

When is the awful games block? That's always my favorite. I see Cheethamen, so maybe it's then...?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yeah, Donkey Kong 5 is near there as well, so that must be a bad games block.

• Options
    Woke up to see Trojan finished in 7:04. I used to love that stupid game, I'll have to go back and watch the VOD later.

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    OK just throwing this out there the Sunshine race is incredible and you should watch it now

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    hyper light drifter is so stylish looking

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Bummed out that I'm missing HLD.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I'm sad I missed HLD and Ori.

I might play Ori again, beat it before the definitive edition came out.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    sotn richter all bosses run

we in boys

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I'm sad I missed HLD and Ori.

I might play Ori again, beat it before the definitive edition came out.

HLD starts at about 19:08:00 here, and ori is the next game after it: https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/v/113837699

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    God damn it I missed DOOM because my asshole boss made us work late.

starts at 2:53:00 in this video https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/v/113837699

I appreciate that but for some reason the android Twitch app just loads endlessly if I try and seek.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I just rewatched Vinny playing Rondo last week and it is hilarous watching these guys totally annihilate this game with Maria.

I guess Vinny was right, Maria is cheating.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    that wasnt how i expected the doom run to end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmXNYtvYrfM

everyone knows the real key to speedruns is King Crimson

alright everyone, this is Super Mario World, and... time.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

You joke, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxFh1CJOrTU

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

You joke, but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxFh1CJOrTU

I take it that has something to do with specific actions setting memory values?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    fuck

I think the thing that makes me want to be at agdq the most is pinballjoe

I would die in proximity to that many machines

I probably spent more time in the arcade than the stream room last summer. Made me wish there were actual arcades around.

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    This run is making me wish we had a Mega ManX Legacy collection, I have way more nostalgia for this game than the original series.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    there was a mega man x collection for gamecube and I think ps2

it's pretty hard to find now though

Shorty on
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Yeah only thing I didn't like about the collection is the controls, had a hard time with them on GameCube.

• Options
    Yeah I have that but i can't remember which system I bought it for, I think the gamecube? Which would be a small problem as I got rid of both my GameCube and my wii. I still have my ps2 but that drive tray is getting pretty long in the tooth.

• Options
    I definitely could do with a downloadable version of that collection, preferably on a service that is going to let me play it on multiple platforms

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Yeah only thing I didn't like about the collection is the controls, had a hard time with them on GameCube.

Didn't the X collection have the position of the A and B buttons swapped or something silly like that?

• Options
    Frem wrote: »

Didn't the X collection have the position of the A and B buttons swapped or something silly like that?

maybe

but really that pad just wasn't set up to play a game like MMX no matter how you mapped it

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    What is Mighty No. 9 doing here? I thought this was Awesome Games Done Quick

hehehe

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    It really makes me sad because I really wanted there to be a new mega man style game I liked. Sadly it turns out I've had to settle for Shovel Knight for now. MN9 does nothing for me whatsoever.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    If you've never seen Arkham City being speedrun, you may want to check it out.
    It relies pretty heavily on a single trick, but oh what a trick.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    This is reminding me of so many nights in Halo 2 online parties goofing around doing sword wall-climbs and super jumps and shit.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    The most hype checkpoints.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
This discussion has been closed.