As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Trump Administration

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    What's the giant stack of manila folders?

His prop claiming he signed his businesses over to his kids

He didn't let anyone actually view them though

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The tax returns will be in the Presidential Library, which will charge admission.

• OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    "A recognized expert in the field of government experts."

That's some top notch Douglas Adams.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    He is now in a slapfight with a reporter about tax returns.

Whoever is clapping needs to be slapped

Those were Trump aides.

twitter.com/moneyries/status/819223219848835072
    CNN's @JDiamond1, who is at the presser in Trump Tower, reports that Trump has aides in the wings applauding his comments.

I'm not sure what offends me more - his use of stagecraft ratfuckery, or how bad he is at it.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Ari Melbar got to review the conflicts of interest plan and is now tweeting about it.

There is no attempt to divest or arrange a blind trust, so there is no way to address conflicts with independence or "teeth."

Most of Trump's plan appears to be *legal,* although the "donation" proposal for foreign bribes raises major constitutional issues.

Trump plans to accept & later "donate" hotel room profits from foreign states - Constitution calls for rejection of gifts, not donating them

This strikes me as worse than the alleged wrongdoings of the Clinton Foundation that Trump talked so much about.

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Short and unsatisfying.

The event wasn't very good, either.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Short and unsatisfying.

Sounds like a caption that would be under a picture of Trump's hands.

• Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    Since that Press Conference is going nowhere. All of my Trumpet Facebook friends are posting this and basically saying that the Intel Report was, "fake", and that it originated from 4chan.
    15895051_10209119757324092_4695717077881705558_n.jpg?oh=99985f2807f40ef391dec44182664496&oe=591EFCBD

My head's going to fall off from shaking it so much in shame.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    This lawyer is killing me more than Trump and the others. Like, you're just lying straight to us about this, lady, and you actually know that you are.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ari Melbar got to review the conflicts of interest plan and is now tweeting about it.

There is no attempt to divest or arrange a blind trust, so there is no way to address conflicts with independence or "teeth."

Most of Trump's plan appears to be *legal,* although the "donation" proposal for foreign bribes raises major constitutional issues.

Trump plans to accept & later "donate" hotel room profits from foreign states - Constitution calls for rejection of gifts, not donating them

This strikes me as worse than the alleged wrongdoings of the Clinton Foundation that Trump talked so much about.

Ah, the famous double dip! Get money (woo so rich!), brag about giving it away (woo so generous!), with the bonus aspect C: Not Actually Give The Money Away (as we saw with the Trump foundation).

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    This whole part could have just been in a press release.
    But that would probably make it less of a waste of time and this way they can pad the runtime of the conference, even if he was on stage only for, what, 10 minutes?

• HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

Those were Trump aides.

CNN's @JDiamond1, who is at the presser in Trump Tower, reports that Trump has aides in the wings applauding his comments.

pretty much what I expected

I missed it because I'm at work but it sounds like it was awful

This is so fucking stupid. Anyone who has ever worked in any company knows even a moderately OK CEO is impossible to challenge when they've made up their minds about what reality is like, even when the facts show otherwise. This soft yam has lived in that role his entire life. Of course he views questions by journalists as insubordination by insufficiently deferential employees.

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    The tax returns release isn't about "should we vote for you as President" any more dude. It's "prove you're not a criminal and an existential threat to the United States"

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

Those were Trump aides.

At least it wasn't the press, which was my original thought, but still, how insane is this? I'm at a loss for words.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I fucking hate this unamerican piece of shit so much

well to be fair, apparently he i actually pretty american

YES THEY COVER ROUTINE BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE BUSINESS holy hell this lady.

• SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

OF COURSE IT IS

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    This is the fourth or fifth different audio profile so far, it keeps going from stereo to mono. I can barely hear the reporters, too.
    This is Trump's show, not one for illoyal scum (that will soon be made irrelevant anyhow...).

• CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    So did Trump alert anybody that someone offered him a $2 billion bribe? That seems like something the US government and the foreign government would want to know the details of.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Using "I won" as an argument to not do something is what you'd expect from some banana republic despot. Not a democracy.

• Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017

Especially since we know his donations are just a slush fund to cover legal expenses and other random things.

Edit: you *know* those tax returns are getting leaked sometime in the next four years. A question of when, not if.

Mr Khan on
  • RhalloTonnyRhalloTonny Of the BrownlandsRegistered User regular
    He's back!

!
    Trump back for questions--"your cabinet is full of conflicts of interest, comment?"

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Trump's stated plan is to accept foreign money through his hotels.

But he's saying it's okay if he then uses them to bribe other people instead of keeping them for himself.

What in the fucking fuck?

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • EclecticGrooveEclecticGroove Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

Those were Trump aides.

At least it wasn't the press, which was my original thought, but still, how insane is this? I'm at a loss for words.

Less insane than Trump himself.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Oh, he's back?

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Using "I won" as an argument to not do something is what you'd expect from some banana republic despot. Not a democracy.

Well, the democracy in question elected a banana republic despot, so...

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Back to the other audio profile now. Are they turning up the pickups that all his staffers are gathered around? Or do they just want a "louder" profile for when the God-Emperor is speaking?

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Oh, I figured it was aides. They should still be slapped.

Trump is back, gushing over "one of the great cabinets"

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Oh, he's back?

"It's over fast but I'm ready to go again in a few minutes".

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    My jaw literally dropped when he said he was going to allow people to bribe directly to the treasury..

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    This is just a campaign stump speech! Fuck you Trump!

shryke wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

Well, the democracy in question elected a banana republic despot, so...

Calling America a democracry at this point - where the President elect won fewer votes than the other person, and the sum total of all votes cast for the winning Senators and House members was less than the losing side - is a joke.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I fucking hate this unamerican piece of shit so much

well to be fair, apparently he i actually pretty american

When I say unamerican I mean he doesn't give a shit about his country or the people in it. He only cares about himself. He cannot see the damage he is doing the country through the choices he is making and the words he is saying, he doesn't understand a whit about foreign relations or global politics, and he wouldn't hesitate to sell out Americans to make himself look better or get paid.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    "We don't make good deals anymore, I say it all the time." You know, I hadn't noticed.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Nice sticking to the question, despite him trying to divert.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Haha he can't just brag about his cabinet, it has to be the best ever and don't take his word for it, other people are also saying how it's the best ever!

Top men.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    '17 is going to be the bad year.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
This discussion has been closed.