As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Trump Administration

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I feel like there needs to be a couple of raging giant fires in the background behind the houses so it more accurately depicts our near future.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »
    Not watching personally but it seems the murder of Tillerson by Rubio is ongoing.

The terrible thing is that it's not going to make a difference. My understanding is that confirmations are all but a forgone conclusion.

Yeah they will throw up some questions and then jerk each other off as they vote in every last one of his appointments because they are all, unsurprisingly, total cowards afraid of the Donald's followers

• Options
    Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    How did we decide on calling this Pissgate instead of Goldengate?

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Not watching personally but it seems the murder of Tillerson by Rubio is ongoing.

And yet, at the end I'll bet a million dollars that he votes yes on confirmation. It's a bunch of bullshit.

• Options
    The Sauce wrote: »

I will still laugh eternally about pissghazi

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular

Because the Golden Gate is San Francisco (not the bridge) and we're cool, man.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Khavall wrote: »

Every person in the room has a camera running. It takes two seconds to rip one of those open.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular

less syllables

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Khavall wrote: »

Every person in the room has a camera running. It takes two seconds to rip one of those open.

How long does it take the secret service to tackle a reporter?

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2017
    Hakkekage wrote: »

The terrible thing is that it's not going to make a difference. My understanding is that confirmations are all but a forgone conclusion.

It only will matter if Rubio performs the extraordinarily courageous act of not voting with his party when it comes time to confirm, but I am not confident that his performance in this hearing means his spine has developed

I feel like the one good thing about everything collapsing due to political cowardice is that my job as invertebrate scientist will be well funded.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    We were all discussing which dictators Trump looked up to, and no one suggested Peenochet

Artereis on
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Donald Trump in the pocket of Big Manila?

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular

Pretty much need to count on someone's mental calculus coming to the conclusion that, in 4 years, 'I stood against Donald Trump' is valuable political currency, more valuable than not being yelled at on Twitter.

I don't see that happening.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Shivahn wrote: »

It only will matter if Rubio performs the extraordinarily courageous act of not voting with his party when it comes time to confirm, but I am not confident that his performance in this hearing means his spine has developed

I feel like the one good thing about everything collapsing due to political cowardice is that my job as invertebrate scientists will be well funded.

Speaking of invertebrates, did you know that with enough electoral pressure, temporary spines have been known to spontaneously develop? It's true!

Now is the time for anyone and everyone who lives in Florida to start bombarding Rubio's office saying that if he doesn't live up to his rigorous testing of the clearly unqualified Tillerson in this hearing it would be your passion and your pleasure to contribute your money, time and effort to any opponent he may have in 2022.*

*woops, not 2020. God, Senators get stupidly long terms. Both Senators and Reps should have 4 year terms. But that's for another topic, another time

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I hear about these attacks on him but whenever I turn on the hearing someone is tonguing his balls.

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod

I still prefer Watersportsgate.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Go old school with Pisspot Domme.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    I hear about these attacks on him but whenever I turn on the hearing someone is tonguing his balls.

Oh that's pretty much how it's been.

Just a dick suckin line with occasionally a random Repub hitting him over the head with a steel chair.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I feel like there needs to be a couple of raging giant fires in the background behind the houses so it more accurately depicts our near future.

Life provides a better metaphor:

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Shivahn wrote: »

I feel like the one good thing about everything collapsing due to political cowardice is that my job as invertebrate scientists will be well funded.

Speaking of invertebrates, did you know that with enough electoral pressure, temporary spines have been known to spontaneously develop? It's true!

Now is the time for anyone and everyone who lives in Florida to start bombarding Rubio's office saying that if he doesn't live up to his rigorous testing of the clearly unqualified Tillerson in this hearing it would be your passion and your pleasure to contribute your money, time and effort to any opponent he may have in 2022.*

*woops, not 2020. God, Senators get stupidly long terms. Both Senators and Reps should have 4 year terms. But that's for another topic, another time

Yeah, I think a lot of people kind of give up if it's not election time, but it's important to realize that almost everyone's always thinking about reelection, and that leverage is thus basically always there.

• Options
    knight11eknight11e Registered User regular
    I find it interesting that anyone anywhere think this will result in anything. We've been here before, and people just don't care. The general population doesn't care, Trumpers don't care, and Don himself certainly doesn't care (to the point of shame).

Invest in cans of beans. Eat at Arby's.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I hope someone does a tally of how many times Tillerson said he didn't know enough about something at the hearing.

• Options
    In the midst of this flurry of the bombshell leak and the, by design, concentrated schedule of hearings, Cory Booker testified against Sessions:

http://www.vox.com/identities/2017/1/11/14239398/cory-booker-jeff-sessions-attorney-general
    He added, “If confirmed, Sen. Sessions will be required to pursue justice for women, but his record indicates that he won’t. He will be expected to defend the equal rights of gay and lesbian and transgender Americans, but his record indicates that he won’t. He will be expected to defend voting rights, but his record indicates that he won’t. He will be expected to defend the rights of immigrants and affirm their human dignity, but the record indicates that he won’t.”

Yeah, Booker is definitely ambitious and is not as left as many would like. But he's pretty fucking charismatic, especially in person.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

If Rubio did that, its the political end for him.

A literal passing of the torch.

What a Goddamn world.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    knight11e wrote: »
    I find it interesting that anyone anywhere think this will result in anything. We've been here before, and people just don't care. The general population doesn't care, Trumpers don't care, and Don himself certainly doesn't care (to the point of shame).

Invest in cans of beans. Eat at Arby's.

Trump absolutely cares. He's likely throwing a fit as we speak.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    You know, I used to find Vinny Caravella's talks of his CA earthquake bug-out bag on the Bombcast rather... well not silly, but something close with how prepared he was trying to be.

...And here I am now, thinking that Vinny had the right idea all along.

• Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Tillerson's the only one who might not make it. Sessions is buddy-buddy with enough Senators to go through, Tillerson specifically has issues with McCain and Graham, and if Rubio votes to break, that's enough (unless Manchin also breaks), then Tillerson's out and Trump has to try again.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Tillerson's the only one who might not make it. Sessions is buddy-buddy with enough Senators to go through, Tillerson specifically has issues with McCain and Graham, and if Rubio votes to break, that's enough (unless Manchin also breaks), then Tillerson's out and Trump has to try again.

Nah, he'll make it. The only way McCain or Graham would vote against him is if their caucus had a meeting beforehand and everyone agreed to totes pass him through so long as McCain & Graham could vote against to save their dignity and continue being darlings for 'moderate' conservatives.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    just so i'm clear on what i may have missed absolutely nothing has been addressed by the trump administration and there is very little if any clamor for accountability.

is that about right

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    just so i'm clear on what i may have missed absolutely nothing has been addressed by the trump administration and there is very little if any clamor for accountability.

is that about right

Also, pee.

• Options
    You know, I used to find Vinny Caravella's talks of his CA earthquake bug-out bag on the Bombcast rather... well not silly, but something close with how prepared he was trying to be.

...And here I am now, thinking that Vinny had the right idea all along.

You know one of the stealth reasons I started hitting the gym last year and lost 70ish pounds is because I could see the darkness on the horizon, and felt that being super unhealthy, overweight, and unable to lift heavy things during the collapse would be unhelpful to me. As always, I hope to be wrong, but figured getting healthy wouldn't ever be a bad thing.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/politics/trump-press-conference-transcript.html?_r=0

That's the complete transcript from today, if anyone wants to read it.

If you make it through the entire thing without giving yourself an aneurysm, I commend you.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    mcdermott wrote: »

is that about right

Also, pee.

The piss thing is a distraction, stop it

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular

is that about right

Also, pee.

When you gotta go you gotta go.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular

is that about right

Also, pee.

I was clearly joking....

• Options
    TheDrifterTheDrifter Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    The Ender wrote: »

What a Goddamn world.

Rubio has looked like he's on the political ropes before. He could easily break and suffer no real consequences, especially with his next re-election not for 6 years.

TheDrifter on
  • Options
    AstaerethAstaereth In the belly of the beastRegistered User regular
    It's not a distraction, it's just a metaphor. Trump's petty, racist distaste for Obama is what got him into the White House. If this stuff is true, if Trump is a Russian plant, he wasn't suborned against his will or for some cause. They were able to make him a traitor because he's a feckless, awful person, who disrespectfully befouls whatever environment he's in as an expression of the complete and total awfulness at his core.

Nobody could have made this up because it fits who he is so perfectly. It's the detail that proves the rest. Nobody else would have thought to add in the pettiness.

ACsTqqK.jpg
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular

What a Goddamn world.

PEOTUS has sent several callgirls to the scene to "handle" the fire.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

What a Goddamn world.

PEeOTUS has sent several callgirls to the scene to "handle" the fire.

FTFY. And you're welcome.

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »
    A spurious impeachment attempt would be foolish. A massive expenditure of political capital that gains nothing. I can see three scenarios

1. The allegations aren't true and are therefore unproven. Nothing happens.
    2. The allegations are true, and are proven. Trump is impeached
    3. The allegations are true and aren't proven. Nothing happens and the US continues with a comprehensively compromised President

1 is a bummer. 2 is ideal. 3 is fucking horrifying. If these allegations can't be proven, we all better fucking hope they aren't true.

Just so we are clear

It's #3

I'll throw in #4. The allegations are true, and are proven. Nothing happens and the US continues with a comprehensively compromised President.

I don't think that one is possible without something fucking catastrophic happening, where "true" = to the satisfaction of both sides rather than to the satisfaction of Democrats (who already believe it essentially because they want to wish it into existence). The GOP don't like him enough to allow a Russian asset to run the executive branch.

How about this then
    #4. The allegations are true (to an extent verified by intelligence agencies and this stance is either publicly announced or leaked), and are proven (to the extent that the contents are verified, and not just the authors). Nothing happens and the US continues with a comprehensively compromised President.

If there's a chink of light in the "it didn't happen" department, he's fine.

Remember when our President Elect was on camera and microphone, recorded bragging to the nephew of a former president about how he can use his position of power to sexually assault women with impunity?

At this point I'm convinced, even if it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's colluding with Russia to subvert the interests of the US, he and the GOP will continue to find ways to spin it to a show of strength, an asset and "at least we're not Hillary".

Hey, remember when, on national television our President Elect called for Russia to hack our election, AND THEY DID?

Good times, good tichfhjfitdlhxmhjydk

Honestly? No. Because Trump flip-flops so much and tells so many lies that it's hard to keep them all straight.

Twenty Sided on
This discussion has been closed.