As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    In case anyone else if having my not-scrolling-to-the-new-post issue the problem line seems to be line 17 (in mine anyway): the overflow setting.
    #Frame {
       background: #999999 !important;
       overflow: hidden;
    }

Just commenting it out fixes it, not sure what to set it to otherwise, but we'll see what breaks and pick an option (visible, auto, inherit, scroll, initial).

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Seems like something got updated with the top banner and now I'm seeing this on every page in Chrome on Windows 10 with the style

2f8ujaj6uo63.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    It's like that for the normal site too.

Looks like they're trying to rotate to the fall theme.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    In a Forum Thread display, when you have a gear icon (for edit or options) the Bookmark Star is misaligned, sometimes badly.

DO3O00C.png
  • MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Suriko, you continue to rule...thank you!

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    ElderCat wrote: »
    In a Forum Thread display, when you have a gear icon (for edit or options) the Bookmark Star is misaligned, sometimes badly.

It appears to be a bug in the default forum style. The thread options element seems to be pushing the bookmark element down. If you turn the style off you can still see it, at least on FF.

Suriko on
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Am I the only one seeing a picture of a large bike laying on the ground at nighttime on the bottom of each page of the forum? Is that meant to be part of the new Christmas theme?

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Low angle shot of a bike laying in a ditch as the light fades kinda sorta looks like it is supposed to be there since it remains when you turn the style off, but why.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    übergeek wrote: »
    Am I the only one seeing a picture of a large bike laying on the ground at nighttime on the bottom of each page of the forum? Is that meant to be part of thhe new Christmas theme?

It's a Stranger Things theme, which I guess is Christmas

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Suriko, you are the best, and my eyes thank you.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Demogorgon detected banned alias
    Reason: wantloveback

Man is a robot with defects.
    kalailmlove

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    The PA forums for a long time have had a deal for me where the page would load fine but the statusbar would still say "Connecting..." and the icon would still spin. I decided to check it out and it looks like it's trying to make a request to http://autostatic.forums.penny-arcade.com/themes/pennyarcade/design/images/edited.png which times out after 30 seconds with a "autostatic.forums.penny-arcade.com took too long to respond" message. When I turn off this theme, it correctly loads the file from the base url forums.penny-arcade.com and doesn't cause the same issue.

Ideas?

EDIT: Specifically on line 1080:
    background: url('http://autostatic.forums.penny-arcade.com/themes/pennyarcade/design/images/edited.png') no-repeat 10px center !important;

The autostatic url doesn't work for me but removing it causes the problem to disappear

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Autostatic was the ghetto origin "CDN" I built during the early days to alleviate the load of our static resources. Hasn't been used in at least 3 yrs.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Did the Christmas theme get turned off? Because the Style theme is now a bit off.

On holiday in Japan, so didn't catch the changeover. Style's updated to remove the Christmas stuff, and to remove the reference to the autostatic URL.

Suriko wrote: »
    On holiday in Japan, so didn't catch the changeover. Style's updated to remove the Christmas stuff, and to remove the reference to the autostatic URL.

You're not the hero we deserve, but the hero that we need.

camo_sig.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
  • BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »

You rule. Enjoy Japan.

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Just popping in to say THANKS! Logging in on a new computer, step 1) get that sweet dark blue back.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    Updated as the new Stylish update broke a bunch of old styles overnight, should work fine again now.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    I dunno if it's the new stylish, or the forums, but I'm periodically getting white bars between posts on a small fraction of the page loads. Updating the style sheet didn't work, since I just took this screenshot of it after I deleted and reinstalled the style. Noooo idea what's causing it, since I can't replicate it reliably

yvqUErf.jpg

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2017
    I'm getting it occasionally too. I think the new version of Stylish rewrote how CSS is applied, causing some parts not to be applied before page rendering. Really annoying, and not sure how best to address. Thinking about it.

I really dislike how applications these days seem to break and remove things as much as they actually fix every update.

Suriko on
    Good to know. Thanks again for your work.

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2017
    Okay, possible solution, but might need some checking from others. Could anyone please disable the Stylish addon, install the Stylus addon, then install Ye Olde Style (Stylus works with the normal Stylish website, handily).

It seems to be working well so far, so I think the problem is that Stylish is broken. Stylus is a fork which appears to work a bit more efficiently.

Edit: After more testing and poking about myself, I'm officially recommending that people move to Stylus, given that Stylish is both broken, ineffecient, and under a new dev team which doesn't seem very good. It does verifiably seem to fix this issue too.

Suriko on
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I found the download link for Chrome, and it works over here so far.

DO3O00C.png
    Yeah, it's hard to tell with how random it was, but it seems to be working on FF as well

steam_sig.png
  • MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Firefox + Stylus = seems to be working. Thanks, Suriko!

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    Hey I just came to mention this and tada a solution was found. You rock. Now if only my FF browser theme (css) wasn't broken in FF 56. But that's beside the point. You're awesome.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• JobastionJobastion Registered User regular
    In a semi-minor hijacking, I just want to say that GM4 is trash, and apparently commented out text can now break scripts. Entirely related, I updated the timestamp restoral tool when it ceased functioning after upgrading to whatever the hell FF number this is now that auto-upgraded to GM4.

Recommended reading - Worm (Superhero Genre) & Pact (Modern Fantasy Thriller) |
    Backlog Wars - Sonic Generations | Steam!
    Viewing the forums through rose colored glasses... or Suriko's Ye Old Style and The PostCount/TimeStamp Restoral Device
    Thanks jobastion. I didn't even notice that it broke

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2017
    Since the latest tweak, my stars for adding and removing bookmarks on the threads themselves and the bookmark page are gone. Also the white arrows for changing pages have disappeared.

EDIT Seems to be a weird interaction with uBlock or uMatrix. I'll see if I can tweak some permissions to get them to show.

DOUBLE EDIT Ok, if I turn both off and let the elements load then turn them back on and refresh they stay. Just some weird behavior with the way the updated theme works I guess. False alarm.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    Hm, this white line issue seems to be rearing it's ugly head again for whatever reason.

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited December 2017
    Bookmark icons have been MIA/misaligned for awhile now for me. Anyone else?

Edit: After more futzing around more weirdness: It happens only in Chrome (Version 65.0.3298.4) which was showing bookmark ribbons still until I disabled all styles and then turned them back on. Now it's stars like it should be with the style (I think). So maybe this is a issue with my setup somehow...

Xeddicus on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Not sure where else to put this, but I guess Stylish might be bad? https://robertheaton.com/2018/07/02/stylish-browser-extension-steals-your-internet-history/

I only used Stylish for this CSS, I figure others might be in that same boat.

There is good news, however, thanks to the comments in the /r/Programming thread where I was pointed to the above url, I also discovered that there's a fork of Stylish called Stylus that does basically the same thing, only without the tracking data and with other improvements. So, maybe switch to that.

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    Not sure where else to put this, but I guess Stylish might be bad? https://robertheaton.com/2018/07/02/stylish-browser-extension-steals-your-internet-history/

I only used Stylish for this CSS, I figure others might be in that same boat.

There is good news, however, thanks to the comments in the /r/Programming thread where I was pointed to the above url, I also discovered that there's a fork of Stylish called Stylus that does basically the same thing, only without the tracking data and with other improvements. So, maybe switch to that.

Ya, Firefox just disabled the extension for "security or stability issues."

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Is Stylus a thing for Firefox? The bright theme on a browser really stings. I'm spoiled on Ye Olde.

wVEsyIc.png
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is Stylus a thing for Firefox? The bright theme on a browser really stings. I'm spoiled on Ye Olde.

Yes.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    august wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Yes.

Says it also requests access to website data and such. Is it legit?

wVEsyIc.png
    Hell, the reason I switched to stylus months ago was because stylsh didn't work properly during the launch of firefox 57 or whatever

steam_sig.png