As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...Also AP Bio, The Mick, and Mythic Quest

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    This still might be the greatest moment in tv history
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fP4emqw7O4

nexuscrawler on
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I love all of their vhs moments.

Fight Milk! Makes me strong like the crow!

Oh brilliant
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    What episode would you guys use to introduce this show to someone?

Start from the beginning imo

• CantideCantide Registered User regular
    Counterpoint: I think most of the first season isn't very good. I can enjoy it now, but on my first watch I thought the show was terrible and only stuck with it because of all the praise.

I think just about any season 2 episode would be a better starting point for a new viewer.

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    The very first episode is a little rough now, in my opinion.

It's still my most watched episode, since I always start at the very beginning. But having seen the later seasons the characterizations are a little weird.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    yeah they weren't sure what Dee was gonna be yet (you can see a similar thing in Community with Britta I think)

if you were gonna skip s1 I think you can justify it because Frank isn't there yet but like, underage drinking is a national concern is a phenomenal episode imo and shouldn't be missed

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Charlie Work is another one that doesn't rely on any prior knowledge of the show

Nah, Charlie Work depends on you knowing what the characters are usually like, for the contrast. Someone starting there would be SHOCKED that Dennis is at least nominally the brains of the group while Charlie is the Wild Card. I started with The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis and it was PERFECT.

• OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I think Dennis and Dee go on Welfare was my introduction, followed by the High-School Reunion two-parter. Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person got mixed in there somewhere, and it's pretty good at showing how the gang is the worst and has a lot of classic moments, but it's a hard sell without some background.

The first season absolutely wouldn't have brought me in if I didn't have some connection to the characters. And DeVito was a necessity to round things out.

I love Dennis and Dee go on Welfare because I used to drive through the intersection they bought crack in every day coming home from work.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    Youuuuu got what i neeeeedddd

OptimusZed wrote: »
    I love Dennis and Dee go on Welfare because I used to drive through the intersection they bought crack in every day coming home from work.

they go back there in gun fever part 2

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Dennis getting progressively more psychotic and sociopathic as the show goes is absolutely hysterical to me for some reason.

joshofalltrades on
    Dennis getting progressively more psychotic and sociopathic as the show goes is absolutely hysterical to me for some reason.

I'm watching through last season for the first time now, and the episode where Frank forgets the last 10 years is hilarious to me because it shows how, if anything, they've all just become more terrible over time. With the possible exception of Mack and maybe Charlie. But Dee and Dennis are on an inexorable slope toward some kind of inhuman-but-hilarious monster.

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I dunno, when I started watching it was Gun Fever that brought me in, and Hundred Dollar Baby that made me love the show. I think Hundred Dollar Baby is Season 2 but Gun Fever is 1.

• DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Oh my goodness I'm up to Being Frank and he pisses in two jars because he has two streams.

I just about died.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hundred Dollar Baby was the one that got me addicted

Hundred Dollar Baby was great.

Being Frank was amazing, I just watched it today, too. It's actually kinda crazy how many holes it filled in regarding Frank's habitual day-saving.

• NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    I just watched the new episode. I found it up to the standard of the rest of the show as far as funny goes. I've seen some complaints online about the content of the episode and the musical numbers, but I laughed pretty hard at the gang trying to figure out what's going on and rationalizing why they are getting treated differently (like shit) for being black. It's classic Sunny.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    This list is a bit weird, but it got me thinking that when you lay out all the episodes like that's, It's Always Sunny legitimately has at least 40-50 Top 10 caliber episodes.

There are so many different episodes that are great for totally different reasons

Hahaha that ending. The whole ending.

I'm doing my annual series rewatch, and I think it's The Gang Gets Invincible that marks the first time they really nail Dee as a character. Before that, she's part generic background female and part straight woman to the crazies. But she throws herself into the tryouts whole hog, shows up the guys rather thoroughly and then is undone by her own hubris at the very end. That's her arc through like half the episodes from there out.

I'm also struck by how this show is formulaicly anti-forumulaic. Every episode arcs the same way; gang identifies problem, gang addresses problem in ridiculous way, everything explodes in fans and shit. But the actual subject matter from episode to episode couldn't be more different. It's just brilliantly macabre.

Every once in a while they pull off a scheme and when they do it's amazing

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    is it bad that I 100% want a show that's Dennis Reynolds and his fake daughter?

steam_sig.png
  • Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    Oh my god so many pee jokes.

Oh my god so many pee jokes.

That is completely expected given the episode title

• Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    That was a really solid ending.

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Pound for pound, I think my favorite episode is "Sweet Dee gets audited". Second place goes to "Chardee McDennis".

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    The Gang Gets A Boat is one of my favorites.

Believe it or not I think my most quoted is the Boggs episode.

"I'll be taking care of these on the Boggs account."

"You got it Boss Hoss." This might be my favorite line, maybe in the entire series, because the whole time Dee is saying Boss Hogg until the point when she has a vision from Boss Hogg and then still gets his name wrong.

"Wade Boggs would be spinning in his grave." "Again, Wade Boggs is alive. He's fifty years old and lives in Tampa Florida."

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    The boat episode is great. The inflatable tube man dance, "the implication"...

I still think my absolute favorite moment out of any episode is "that's when Dee came in" -- *ostrich sounds*

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    my favorite episode is the gang dines out because it's completely based around the strange tribal rituals of the gang and the characters individual neuroses

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Also "If I've learned anything from Executive Decision, every plane has a secret hatch to the cargo hold that will allow me to move about freely." "Well yeah everybody knows that."

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    The Frank gets an Intervention ep is great

Gail the snail is one of thier best minor charatcers

Rickety Cricket is my favorite minor character

I love that almost every time he appears, they have to update his makeup in all future appearances because of some new crippling injury he receives

• PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    I'm partial to zee

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    Just watched the new one, holy shit, one of the best episodes of the series

Podly wrote: »
    I'm partial to zee

is he the one who has the weird sex parties they inerrupt once ni a while?

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Just watched the new one, holy shit, one of the best episodes of the series

Yeah, every single shenanigan was great

Podly wrote: »
    I'm partial to zee

is he the one who has the weird sex parties they inerrupt once ni a while?

Technically those are Duncan's parties. Zee is his black friend.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Rickety Cricket is my favorite minor character

I love that almost every time he appears, they have to update his makeup in all future appearances because of some new crippling injury he receives

I keep thinking that, at some point, Cricket needs to turn a corner and go up slightly. Like become less ghoulish. Otherwise he'd just die.

The series keeps proving me wrong though.

If Cricket's life ever starts to get better, it's only so they can cruelly stamp that hope out and make it even worse than it was