As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...Also AP Bio, The Mick, and Mythic Quest

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »
    I'm partial to zee

is he the one who has the weird sex parties they inerrupt once ni a while?

Technically those are Duncan's parties. Zee is his black friend.

Zee's a man with important information about jean shorts.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The Great Recession is still one of my favorite eps

one of the best Charlie scenes the show has ever done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxrMlLw_Tyg

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    As a Philadelphia import, the Delaware crabbing thing gives me the shivers every time.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    How does a self-sustaining economy work?

...I don't understand how the US economy works...

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    WE'RE CRAB PEOPLE NOW

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    WE'RE CRAB PEOPLE NOW

Charlie is your new business partner?!
    Well waddya want? We're good in tight places!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I think my fave might be Mac and Charlie Die

The whole car crashing scene, where Charlie screams and dances in a panic

The uppers

The teeth coming out

Mac opening the door to grab Dee's keys and shove her by the face into the wall and then Charlie panics and throws a chair through a window

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Go back and watch Crickets first episode, where he's still a priest and has everything together, and marvel at how good he used to look before the gang got their claws into him again.

• Options

The uppers

The teeth coming out

Mac opening the door to grab Dee's keys and shove her by the face into the wall and then Charlie panics and throws a chair through a window

The wedding dress.

The hand grenade.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Yeah Cricket just getting worse and worse is one of my favorite recurring jokes.

I also love how every time they use a video tape, they just tape over their previous things and it flashes through Fight Milk and Kitten Mittens and Dee burning in the building and Invigoron.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Mr KhanMr Khan Not Everyone WAHHHRegistered User regular
    Every once in a while they pull off a scheme and when they do it's amazing

That's part of good writing, too. A story where Charlie Brown gets to kick the football is great catharsis, once in a while. A world where he never got to kick the football would be bleak. Sometimes the cartoon ends with Tom or Wile E. on top.

Of course, there's more at play here since this Charlie Brown is a bunch of sociopaths who should be in jail, but the other half of good writing is that we somehow care for the gang despite being relentlessly terrible.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I'm partial to zee

Just say friend.

Zee's speech about the shorts is amazing

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    I'm partial to zee

Just say friend.

Zee's speech about the shorts is amazing

I feel like it's weird to have a black friend and not be constantly talking about it...

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options

The uppers

The teeth coming out

one time my girlfriend and I were hanging out at this bar and almost had to leave because this guy was explaining a card game or something and sounded exactly like Dennis's European roommate and we were losing our minds laughing

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    I just started watching that episode again.

The start in the courtroom....

Now, I am not generally a fan of humor involving rape, but the line:

"and you allege that the defendant said, quote 'I'm going to rape your butt until the room stinks. And then I'm going to eat your butt and your friend's butt, in the stink, until my stomach is full of your butts.' Is that correct?"

just destroyed me

And then the verbatim repetition on the tape recorder, oh my god

#1 episode for sure.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    my favorite episode is the gang dines out because it's completely based around the strange tribal rituals of the gang and the characters individual neuroses

I've called 'mac and dennis break up' my favorite a few times for this exact reason but I can't make an official declaration as to a fav at the moment
    The Great Recession is still one of my favorite eps

when Frank and Dee are at the woman's house, from when Frank cuts himself and starts screaming til like a half minute later when you just hear the crash and they find him having destroyed her bathroom ceiling in a suicide attempt is one of my favorite bits. likewise how the ep starts with Frank just dangling with a rope around his neck.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    What is the strongest cut to title card? Mac Kills His Dad?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Frank Sets Sweet Dee On Fire is up there

• Options
    edited January 2017
    What is the strongest cut to title card? Mac Kills His Dad?

The one where they correctly answer the hockey trivia question on the radio call in show, and then there's a silent moment, and then Charlie shrieks AAAA-

*BA da da daaa, da daaa, daaaaa*

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Every time I see the title card, I immediately think of the surprisingly funny Jojo's Bizarre Adventure-themed title cards (which are hilarious despite me not really caring for the show).

Tonio Goes Italian All Over Everybody's Ass

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    what was the point of the girl grabbing the keys? I kind of lost track after the aids blood
    edit: holy shit are there a lot of It's Always Sunny in Morioh videos on Youtube.

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    what was the point of the girl grabbing the keys? I kind of lost track after the aids blood
    edit: holy shit are there a lot of It's Always Sunny in Morioh videos on Youtube.
    The keys were for the locker where her and Dennis were stashing all the loot.

• Options
    valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Frank Sets Sweet Dee On Fire is up there

:+1: You guys got the best two but any one where they're contradicted by the title card slays me

"There is no way I am dating a retarded person."
    Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person

"What's the worst that could happen?"
    The Gang Gets Whacked

"Rule the world, huh? If that ever happens, I'll blow myself."
    Charlie Rules The World

You'd have to be a real low-life piece of shit to run for office"
    The Gang Runs For Office

"Don't worry about us, Mac. We'll be just fine."
    Dennis and Dee Go On Welfare

"Ok. I made all the contacts, I pushed that little monkey out, and now I'm gonna be claiming him as a dependent and getting tax breaks for the next 18 years. So you talk about a scheme? How's that for a long-term scheme, bitches? Uh, you guys all better eat a dick because Sweet Dee beat the system!"
    Sweet Dee Gets Audited

"Dude, we're invincible!"
    Mac and Charlie Die -

• Options
    Half of those are from season three, I think.

• Options
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    The keys were for the locker where her and Dennis were stashing all the loot.

the second they showed the locker I knew someone was swiping that stuff. I'm glad it was the girl, as much as it hurts to see dennis get out sociopathed

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    The newest episode is hilarious.
    I wasn't, but I should have been, expecting Charlie to give Frank hickies to sell the AIDs grift.

• Options
    KadokenKadoken Giving Ends to my Friends and it Feels Stupendous Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    Every time I see the title card, I immediately think of the surprisingly funny Jojo's Bizarre Adventure-themed title cards (which are hilarious despite me not really caring for the show).

There's a Persona themed twitter account full of It's Always Sunny style title cards called "It's Always Sunny in Inaba"

• Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    I think my favourite end to an episode is when the McPoyles take Bill Ponderosa to court.
    The gang spends the whole episode getting the judge more and more infuriated and somehow win the case.

Judge: 'Get the hell out of my courtroom I never want to see you people again. Now next case is someone versus the proprietors of Paddy's Pub'
    'Oh hey thats us again!'

I think the gang broke that judge in the space of one episode. Its great.

• Options
    Charlie Rules the World #1 title card cut

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Took me a second to recognize David Benioff as the nerd who kept sending kids down

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Took me a second to recognize David Benioff as the nerd who kept sending kids down

was he a writer for the episode?

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

easily the best one:
    0a4.jpg

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    The newest episode is hilarious.
    I wasn't, but I should have been, expecting Charlie to give Frank hickies to sell the AIDs grift.

I love how Dennis and Charlie/Frank just casually and immediately understood each other's grifts at a glance.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Kadoken wrote: »

There's a Persona themed twitter account full of It's Always Sunny style title cards called "It's Always Sunny in Inaba"

Despite not being a fan of the series, some of those are hilarious.
    CnnlQKsWAAEdx3k.jpg

CnM6tAXWEAAjMgB.jpg

Synthesis on
  • Options
    Great episode. Wasn't sure how much they'd have to do with the premise but Dennis's storyline was one of the most unique and rewarding side plot lines in the whole series, and the two other plots were standard but had a lot of good laughs.

I also love and will constantly be quoting "you're thinking to yourselves 'what's that rascal Charlie up to?' "

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Dee trying to make a catchphrase as soon as she got on camera was so good

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular

Her entire bit clearly anticipating the nonexistent laugh track made it excruciatingly wonderful.

Kaitlin Olsen is probably my favorite cast member. She's working hard in every scene and gives Danny DeVito a run for Most Depraved.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Her entire bit clearly anticipating the nonexistent laugh track made it excruciatingly wonderful.

Kaitlin Olsen is probably my favorite cast member. She's working hard in every scene and gives Danny DeVito a run for Most Depraved.

Her farting for effect and the face she made immediately afterward actually had me crying.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Move for thread title to change to "you'll be puking on your dick in no time"

• Options
    Yes this is what I wanted thanks