As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo Switch: March 2017

1848586878890»

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I'm too old to fight for one and will be sorely disappointed if there's another Wii like situation in where I have to wait an inordinate period of time to give them money for a consumer electronic device.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I notice the show is 6pm central time. That is on my ride home. Might stop somewhere and watch it on the smartphone.

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I notice the show is 6pm central time. That is on my ride home. Might stop somewhere and watch it on the smartphone.

Uh, should be 10pm central time, unless you mean a different time than CST (UTC -6)?

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »

Uh, should be 10pm central time, unless you mean a different time than CST (UTC -6)?

Yeah. Guessing he subtracted two hours from PST instead of added :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Whoops. That makes more sense.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    well you can still sit in your car and watch it on your phone if you really want. no one's gonna stop you.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I just need to find out when Best Buy will open preorders.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Less than 7 hours. I can't believe we're finally here.

Will we have an IRC chat going?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Brainiac 8 on
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Add me!
  • Options
    I expect it will be like the PS4. Pre-orders started right when the price broke.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    My pre-order status will depend on how hype I get from this presentation. New Metroid? Fucking sold, zero questions asked. And I don't see that happening. So I'll probably still order one because new Mario looks from the little I've seen like Super Mario 3D World, which I adore. Also, I want BotW on the new hotness. Also also, I'm hoping against hope for some kind of unified platform for VC, which will ensure that I buy all the fucking games so that my daughter has an official Nintendo library waiting for her to be old enough to play them.

Fawst on
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    There's a walmart right by my school I teach at. I heard their preorders will start tomorrow, anyone got an idea what time that would start?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      The NeoGaf thread froths with anticipation.

• Options
      FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »
      There's a walmart right by my school I teach at. I heard their preorders will start tomorrow, anyone got an idea what time that would start?
      Looks like Wal-Mart's system is set to start accepting pre-orders at 9AM PST tomorrow morning.

May want to just go in and try ASAP.

• Options
      Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    • Options
      AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
      While I'm kinda meh on all the Wii U ports there seems to be I do have to admit that Splatoon absolutely deserves far more coverage than I think it got on the Wii U.

The game is fantastically delightful.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    • Options
      These guys made a Switch announcement.
      http://yachtclubgames.com

• Options
      WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
      Brainiac 8 wrote: »
      I just need to find out when Best Buy will open preorders.

I went into a Best Buy in Southwestern Ontario (Canada) today and the kid in the games department told me Nintendo are announcing more details about the Switch tonight (which we knew) and that pre-orders would open at all retailers tomorrow morning at business open. I'm sure he can't speak for every business, but that's what he was told for Best Buy. I'd think he was just making things up but he genuinely knew nothing except for the announcement tonight and pre-orders opening tomorrow.

• Options
      Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      Welp, I'm gonna go to bed now to try and get a whopping 4 hours of sleep before the presentation. I've got a sinking feeling that I won't be able to sleep at all though and will be dead tired at 5 AM. See you all on the other side.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    • Options
      The full on reveal of the new generation of Nintendo tonight is going to feel very strange without Iwata. :(

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      DacDac Registered User regular
      Well since there's apparently going to be two million units available I know I'm going to be refreshing desperately.

And hoping Amazon has limited sales to 1 per customer or something. Fucking scalpers.

Steam: catseye543
      PSN: ShogunGunshow
      Origin: ShogunGunshow
    • Options
      ZythonZython Registered User regular
      Looks like Wal-Mart's system is set to start accepting pre-orders at 9AM PST tomorrow morning.

Oh sweet! I'm going to be under the dentist drill then. Fun!

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
      Steam: pazython
    • Options
      TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
      Dac wrote: »
      And hoping Amazon has limited sales to 1 per customer or something. Fucking scalpers.

UK Amazon is restricting them to one per customer per household, thankfully.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
    • Options
      Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
      I tested Target's Switch display, see if there's secrets beneath it.

It's cardboard, and was securely in place.

Foiled.

• Options
      I tested Target's Switch display, see if there's secrets beneath it.

It's cardboard, and was securely in place.

Foiled.

you gotta align a number of other displays throughout the store and then the Switch display will move to reveal its secret.

• Options
      Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    • Options
      These things are always fun.

• Options
      I would be funny if the new Mario was a drastic change like Wind Waker.

• Options
      It won't be tho, we've already seen it

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    • Options
      edited January 2017
      Brainiac 8 on
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
      Warlock82 wrote: »

Just like we saw The Legend of Zelda for the Gamecube and the Wii U before those consoles came out? Granted that was a longer time before release of the system itself, there still is no guarantee that the Mario we glimpsed in October is the Mario we are getting. Mario is a pretty safe bet to not get a drastic overhaul anyway though.

(She/Her)
    • Options
      The Gaming Historian? Never heard of that channel but sounds like something I would actually enjoy. I've been watching through a ton of those Did You Know Gaming videos lately and that stuff fascinates the hell out of me. The Iwata one makes me cry tho :( (at least the quote at the beginning)

• Options
      ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      The Gaming Historian? Never heard of that channel but sounds like something I would actually enjoy. I've been watching through a ton of those Did You Know Gaming videos lately and that stuff fascinates the hell out of me. The Iwata one makes me cry tho :( (at least the quote at the beginning)

Gaming Historian is generally pretty good quality and interesting information.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
      eelektrik wrote: »

Just like we saw The Legend of Zelda for the Gamecube and the Wii U before those consoles came out? Granted that was a longer time before release of the system itself, there still is no guarantee that the Mario we glimpsed in October is the Mario we are getting. Mario is a pretty safe bet to not get a drastic overhaul anyway though.

The GC demo was always supposed to be a tech demo though. They wouldn't put that in their first widely seen advertisment.

• Options

You would like the Gaming Historian, his stuff is generally really interesting.

PSN - Brainiac_8
      Add me!
    • Options
      for those looking to kill time and get hyped before the big show tonight, AGDQ are in the midst of a Nintendo block right now. just setting up for a 4 person Link to the Past Any% race, followed by Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door*.

*this run will not be finished before the Switch presentation starts, keep an eye on the time if you do watch it.

• Options
      KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
      Watching the LTTP race to wait for the Switch presentation.

• Options
      StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
      I went ahead and made a new thread early since this is going to blow up shortly

YL9WnCY.png
    This discussion has been closed.