As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo Switch: March 3rd 2017

• KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I'm wearing my hype, but I also brought my disapointment to Switch to if needed.

Show me Monster Hunter, Xenoblade, Bayonetta 3, amd something Suda51.

I honestly haven't been paying much attention until now, but I'm interested in what they think they've got.

I'm incredibly sceptical to it as a handheld simply because at this point I feel the clamshell design is the way to go with portables and I don't want to risk damaging it out and about.

Plus battery life, I could close my DSlite or 3DS and leave it for a week and still have battery life (though not as much for the 3DS)

Those two things are my primary interests when looking at a handheld.

Edit: Since it's top of page here's the link to the Discord.

Kelor on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    There's... a chance for Scalebound, right? Nintendo has rescued Platinum games before...

(Edit: I'm not serious, but man would it be cool)

that would literally set the internet on fire.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I just hope the reveal isn't all: Here's full price ports of the games you already bought and played on the WiiU! $400!

Well

Nobody bought and played anything on the Wii U so they're probably good

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I personally are not expecting any crazy surprises. Then if there are some, it'll be that much more fun.

Mario, Zelda, talk of the ports, maybe a new challenger reveal for SSB Switch, Console function talk, some third party games coming for it.

That's it, with some reveals being saved for E3.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Hehe:

I'm trying to decide if Emily Rogers is mocking the 4chan rumor or thinks it's real :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I really wonder how many people will carry the Switch around in public.

It is just big enough to make you paranoid about it getting stolen.

Actually, it would have been really cool if you could collapse it somehow.

Krathoon on
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    The GameCube one should really be.. what.. eight GameCubes duct taped together?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I really wonder how many people will carry the Switch around in public.

It is just big enough to make you paranoid about it getting stolen.

Not to mention Nintendo will probably continue to tie purchases to hardware instead of an account. Two friends of mine lost their entire catalogs when their 3DSes were stolen.

Two more hours.
    Two. Two more hours.
    Tow more hours....HURRAAY!

You guys like my little song?

hmmmm.... giving this another go and really feeling it this time. :P

• Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    So many seem to be convinced we'll hear something about a new Smash game. This thought would be an enhanced port of the Wii U version, right?
    I'm really hoping for DK Tropicial Freeze makes the cut for a port. Been holding off buying it for years and I don't know why. Turns out Switch is why.
    I would buy a port of XB if I could transfer my 30 hour save.
    What I would love is for some way to transfer my Wii U Lego Dimensions save to Switch. I'll rebuy the game, but I've invested so much time and $$ into that game with my kids. That's more of a Lego decision than a Nintendo one, though.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Taking a nap, see you guys in ~2 hours.

The part in the Switch commercial where the girl brings the Switch to the party always seems kind of sad to me.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    The part in the Switch commercial where the girl brings the Switch to the party always seems kind of sad to me.

That's kind of why everyone was laughing at it when it first ran.

"Karen wtf" was a thing.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    The Nintendo Switch is going to be at PAX South.

PAX South is really upping it's game this year.

It also has Acquisitions Inc. this time and, apparently, a live action dungeon.

Dac wrote: »

"Karen wtf" was a thing.

for those that didn't see it at the time,

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/25/13403924/nintendo-switch-karen-meme-reveal-video

• TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Hmm, regarding Canadian Wal Mart putting up a listing of the Switch for $400 CAD;
    A few thoughts.
    The first being that it could just be a safe high end guess so they don't get hosed on pre-order price guarantees.
    The second being that there could be multiple SKUs.
    The third being that it's possible Canada is just getting hosed on the price, and the US price won't be a direct conversion. It happens sometimes. If that is the case though, yeah, 400 is a bit steep for me.

Edit: Poking around at some other retailers, Canadian Amazon doesn't have a listing yet, but if you search Nintendo Switch on their site, the first result (after a banner about the Switch) is for the Nvidia Shield TV. :lol:

TubularLuggage on

I don't know where these are, but these seem like reasonable first pre-order day numbers

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    This stream gonna be up on the tubes?

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    Riokenn wrote: »

Yes

• TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Yeah, stream is on Nintendo's youtube and twitch.

Do pre-orders start tomorrow, then? Yikes. And I was a fool and offered to work early. :(

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I am going to line up to preorder at a Gamestop tomorrow. I've never lined up for a console before. I'm 37. It feels weird.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    and people said @UnbreakableVow was crazy for planning to camp out all night waiting for a store to open.

Can't you guys just pre-order online?

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    I'm going to preorder online as well. In my case, there's a Gamestop within a few miles of my office, so I'm basically just going to show up around 8am and see what happens. If there's already a ton of people there, I'll probably just head to the office.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    That is my goal, hopefully preorder online from Best Buy.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Can't you guys just pre-order online?

Maybe? Depends on what happens?

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    I do find it weird that Walmart, GameStop, BestBuy, and Target don't really have a page to order yet.

They just have adverts.

I do find it weird that Walmart, GameStop, BestBuy, and Target don't really have a page to order yet.

They just have adverts.

maybe Nintendo have gotten them to hold off and launch all pre-orders at a set time.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »

"Karen wtf" was a thing.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/25/13403924/nintendo-switch-karen-meme-reveal-video

emnmnme wrote: »

"Karen wtf" was a thing.

i had not seen this before. :biggrin: it is fucking awesome! :lol:

Best Buy and Gamestop seem like a good bets.

They are both actually showing the livestream.

It makes me wonder if they will pop up an order page after it is over.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Is Wii U's Youtube app worth a damn?

Because I may as well give the thing a fun sendoff.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Hoping the GameStop notification for Switch i signed up for is actually good for something. I didn't put in my phone number for text notification though.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

They just have adverts.

WalMart is holding off specifically until 9am PST nationwide, I assume that's from the big N.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
    just and hour left to go peeps. HYPE!!!

https://youtu.be/9jK-NcRmVcw

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Welp, so much for getting a couple of hours of sleep in before the presentation. There's a crazy storm raging outside and it's making so much noise that I just couldn't fall asleep. Now I'll be barely conscious during the presentation and completely dead during the rest of the day.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    It would be great if they did more with Karen.

Maz- wrote: »
    Welp, so much for getting a couple of hours of sleep in before the presentation. There's a crazy storm raging outside and it's making so much noise that I just couldn't fall asleep. Now I'll be barely conscious during the presentation and completely dead during the rest of the day.

yay for daft times for video game presentations!!

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

yay for daft times for video game presentations!!

Well, seeing as how it's being broadcast live from Tokyo... and it's noonish there now... Actually makes plenty of sense.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
This discussion has been closed.