As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWTOR] A new chapter is out

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »
    Her condescending yet vaguely menacing voice tinged with just the right degree of "I will make a suit out of your skin and wear it" was perfect for the story.

Exactly. Like I appreciate that on the republic side all the jedi voice actors tend to keep voice tone neutral as is the jedi way. But on the imperial side they definitely got the sith voice actors to take it up like 5 notches of asshole.

David Hayter does drastically different reads depending on if you're playing a tortured, noble Jedi, or a smartass, cocky rogue like Snake.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Loving both the Bounty Hunter storyline and gameplay that accompanies it.

This is something I made while goofing around and I enjoyed every second of it.

https://youtu.be/W27czzYtC8Y

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Do the XP boosts packs still work with the new story class xp system?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Do the XP boosts packs still work with the new story class xp system?

I believe so, but the major exp you get is from doing heroics.

I do think KOTEE by default gives you way too many imperial companions over republic ones.

Like republic from default story you get t7, yuun, Jorgen

Imperial has Kalyio, Gault, Vette, Scorpio, torian.

I have to wonder if its because overall less people play imperial so they went with less used companions?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    The side missions add a lot, though.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    If I miss off T7 will he eventually stop being a companion?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Looks like companions never leave.

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular

I think that's one of like five dark side choices in the whole game Mako approves of, too.

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

Being an asshole bounty hunter is so satisfying for things like that.

• Options
    Stupid morality points be damned, curbstomping the Emperor as the Jedi Knight is just the best thing.

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Rule #1 post-boss fight: MAKE SURE THE BOSS IS ACTUALLY DEAD

Somehow that is dark side points? Puh-lease.

• Options
    Strikor wrote: »

Yeah, I'm always entertained how in the movies nobody makes sure of their kill. He's not dead until there's a blaster bolt through his head!

• Options
    edited January 2017
    That's the kind of stupid LS/DS mechanic Bioware always has in their SW games. You're either Pope Francis or kicking puppies. On one Flashpoint you're fighting to liberate a world from criminals, and you have the option to launch a massive proton cruise missile at either: an empty moon, or an Imperial warship. You get DS points for shooting down the warship.

But it hardly matters, since I'm level 5 LS after executing most every Sith I find, using Revanite weaponry to shoot down Imperial destroyers, and assassinating the leader of the Voss for their insane visions.

Yeah, I'm always entertained how in the movies nobody makes sure of their kill. He's not dead until there's a blaster bolt through his head!

I believe it's called double tapping. And it's one of the best moments of the Phantom Pain's intro, crawling through dead bodies... and then the Patriot strike team starts head shotting the bodies and you can only cringe and wait for the Man On Fire to appear.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    That's the kind of stupid LS/DS mechanic Bioware always has in their SW games. You're either Pope Francis or kicking puppies. On one Flashpoint you're fighting to liberate a world from criminals, and you have the option to launch a massive proton cruise missile at either: an empty moon, or an Imperial warship. You get DS points for shooting down the warship.

But it hardly matters, since I'm level 5 LS after executing most every Sith I find, using Revanite weaponry to shoot down Imperial destroyers, and assassinating the leader of the Voss for their insane visions.

I believe it's called double tapping. And it's one of the best moments of the Phantom Pain's intro, crawling through dead bodies... and then the Patriot strike team starts head shotting the bodies and you can only cringe and wait for the Man On Fire to appear.

Wait what?

• Options
    What for what?

• Options
    And it's one of the best moments of the Phantom Pain's intro, crawling through dead bodies... and then the Patriot strike team starts head shotting the bodies and you can only cringe and wait for the Man On Fire to appear.

What are you referencing here?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    The Phantom Pain's intro scene. It's a pretty good demonstration of how terrifying that technique is if you're trying to stay alive. Eleven minutes in.

https://youtu.be/zbg05PQwR3Y?t=11m1s

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Can someone clue me in on guilds? Are they per Character, Side, or Account?

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Can someone clue me in on guilds? Are they per Character, Side, or Account?

Per character. And a guild can only service a single faction, so if you get a guild leader to put all your pub characters in their guild, you'll still need an imp guild for your imp characters. (a lot of guilds have guilds in both factions, though)

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Are these pilot suits I got in the mail important in any way? As a F2P player I dont really have room for the one I accidentally opened.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Brody wrote: »
    Are these pilot suits I got in the mail important in any way? As a F2P player I dont really have room for the one I accidentally opened.

Yes and no? You can't get replacements except with other characters, but they're not useful or necessary except to give you a bunch of moddable gear from level 1.

I also think that through the collection system you can get close-enough approximations if you really like the look.

Shadowen on
  • Options
    I guess what is the benefit of modable items? Everything else seems modable as well?

Is there a market for low level gear, or are people expecting to outlevel it too quickly?

• Options
    edited January 2017

They're useful for transporting mods/crystals/etc. between characters (edit: on your legacy). If you only have one character, don't worry about them. Other than that, they're just moddable gear available at level 1.
    I guess what is the benefit of modable items? Everything else seems modable as well?

Is there a market for low level gear, or are people expecting to outlevel it too quickly?

There isn't much of a market for low level gear since people are expecting to outlevel it quickly and you can buy cheap baseline mods on Fleet. You might get some hits from people making twinks, but I'm not sure about even that. The only real money to be had for craftable gear is in the top end gear, with some money to be made in craftable cosmetic gear.

Orca on
  • Options
    Cool, I've just been stealing the different colored crystals from any of the not lightsabers I find. Just wanted to make sure I can steal the crystal out of this orange gun w/o losing out on a chance to sell it.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Cool, I've just been stealing the different colored crystals from any of the not lightsabers I find. Just wanted to make sure I can steal the crystal out of this orange gun w/o losing out on a chance to sell it.

There might be a problem with that plan. Check to see if the crystal is already bound (if you've used the weapon, it's bound. If it's a quest reward, it's bound. If it was a drop, may or may not be bound). Bound equipment cannot be sent to any other characters. It can be used by you or your companions if you meet the other requirements (e.g. have heavy armor proficiency if it's heavy armor). The legacy-bound gear (marked with a shield icon) is useful since it allows you to transfer mods already bound to your character to a legacy-bound transport container (your covert pilot's suit, say), send it to another one of your characters via mail or legacy bank, and then extract the mod on another character on your account. There is no other mechanism for moving bound items between characters.

This is especially useful when shifting raid equipment between characters.

Edit: moving mods to legacy-bound equipment is sometimes referred to as "legacy smuggling".

Orca on
  • Options
    Also keep in mind that the only crystals anyone will even look at are the +41 ones if this is a low level character.

• Options
    Oh, I just meant switching my blue lightsaber to something else.

• Options

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you wrote! Once you start getting some cash, you can start looking on the GTN for more exotic crystal colors; whatever the current pack has is usually well below the credit cap. Of course, the sky's the limit for the more rare crystals.

• Options
    The "nice" thing about the rare crystals is that they usually end up recycling that same color, or making an almost identical one, and naming it something else to release in new cartel packs.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Did they ever come up with cartel versions of the 'vanilla' colors, or at least condense them down so they aren't leveled anymore?

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Is there a point where I make a LS/DS choice for good?

A lot of these DS options are really stupid, and it feels annoying picking them to be DS.

Brody on

• Options
    All cartel and (I think?) crafted crystals are now +41 to whichever stat. Some are available at level 10, others at level 1. I think it may be the crafted basic colors that are available at 1.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Is there a point where I make a LS/DS choice for good?

A lot of these DS options are really stupid, and it feels annoying picking them to be DS.

Down near your mini map there are two triangles, if you click the one to commit to the dark side you will get some dark side points from missions whether you make dark side choices or not.

• Options

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you wrote! Once you start getting some cash, you can start looking on the GTN for more exotic crystal colors; whatever the current pack has is usually well below the credit cap. Of course, the sky's the limit for the more rare crystals.

If you're on Jedi Covenant, I can craft you some different colors depending on the color you are looking for.

• Options
    Just saw someone with a awesome Chiss companion. Looked it up and I guess it was a reward for the dark vs light event. Not sure how I feel about that, being a new player and not having the option to get some of the stuff just because I wasn't playing yet. At least with the reputation stuff, the events still come back around to allow me to participate.

• Options
    Just saw someone with a awesome Chiss companion. Looked it up and I guess it was a reward for the dark vs light event. Not sure how I feel about that, being a new player and not having the option to get some of the stuff just because I wasn't playing yet. At least with the reputation stuff, the events still come back around to allow me to participate.

Chances are, it will come back at some point. They cleared all of the achievement flags after the event ended.

"Some point" could mean a year or more however.

And there's lots of stuff that has been handed out over the years for participating/subscribing. It sucks, but that's part of how they keep people playing.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    So far I haven't seen anything worth "must" subscribing for if you already have the two Fallen Empire expansions. I was lucky, and got a full set of Eternal Commander gear. Other than that, I can pretty much be F2P till the next expansion comes out. I need a while to build up my fortune anyway, and Escrow keeps it out of my hands which is good. I've had to get clever trading, and have made a number of good deals and trades with players for pretty underpriced stuff. Everything from color mods, to armor sets, to credits.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    yeah, it's not like I'm going to rage quit or anything. I would be nice for them to bring back some of the major events so those of us that started when KotFE/KofET came out can try them.

I keep my subscription mostly to support the Dev's. I could drop it but $15 a month isn't a huge deal for the amount of game time I'm putting in.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    So I was a sub when KOTET dropped but the sub ended mid-December, was that everything? Or did they release any more chapters or anything?

• Options
    That's it.

They aren't adding more chapters monthly this time around.