As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Torn webbing between toes - Do I need to visit the hospital?

GoatmonGoatmon Companion of KessRegistered User regular
I banged my foot on my bed frame earlier (I need ot do something about that.)

It hurt a bit but not severely. I figured i just had a banged toe.

Instead I noticed bleeding. I'd actually torn open the webbing between my little toe and the next littlest one.

The bleeding seems to have stopped, and it doesn't really hurt more than a typical banged-up toe, but... now there's a little hole in the webbing.

Do I need to go to the ER? I don't think it's very serious, but it's kinda gross. I mean, there's a blatant hole between two of my toes now.

My Mom found a first aid kit, so I was able to clean up the area and I have some gauze covering the webbing and I'm using some medical tape to keep it in place and have a sock on.

I'm not in any particular pain right now, and there's very little blood as long as I don't mess with it. Am I all right? Or do I need to go to the hospital?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    It just sounds like a small cut to me, so as long as it doesnt keep opening up your fine. Keep it clean and if it keeps opening up or wont stop bleeding than you probably need to go to and get a stitch put in.

If you do go get it looked at try and go to a medi center type place rather than a hospital ER. for such a small non life threatening injury you would be waiting a long time at an ER.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Foomy wrote: »
    for such a small non life threatening injury you would be waiting a long time at an ER.

Hmm. Good point.

I was really worried at first, once I saw the skin damage. I've never had this happen before, and I was kinda freaking out for a bit.

But the lack of bleeding and minimal pain have me chilling out for now.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    Just keep it clean and as dry as possible. Toes and especially the area between them can get infected easily.

MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    Giggles_FunsworthGiggles_Funsworth Blight on Discourse Bay Area SprawlRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Also if your tetanus shot isn't squared away you're gonna want to take care of that.

Giggles_Funsworth on
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    I did this exact thing to that exact toe a while back, only it was on a doorframe. Went to the ER, got X-rays, they couldn't do a thing for it. Not even stitches. Ain't no thang. Keep it clean.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Just a quick update. I've gone without a bandage on my foot for about a week now, and the damage seems completely mended. So, hooray!

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Just a quick update. I've gone without a bandage on my foot for about a week now, and the damage seems completely mended. So, hooray!

It'll be a mark against you at the next Dunwich family reunion, though...
    Sorry

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.