As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Injustice 2] Ninja Turtles? Ninja Turtles.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    If they want a Hellboy just use Etrigan

If they want a Spawn just use Ragman

Just let me have Guy Gardner or Booster Gold this time

I know its cruel...but if they do add Booster Gold to Injustice I would want him to be the Dan Habiki of Injustice.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    And for the record, this isn't just a DC thing. I don't like guest characters in any game. I think I'm just an in-continuity purist.

I didn't like Link, Spawn, or Heihachi in Soul Calibur 2. I didn't like Freddy in MK9.

Heck, I don't even like out-of-universe crossovers in mashup games, and that's the whole point of a mashup. For example, the inclusion of Mega-Man and Pac Man in the latest Smash Bros really irritates me. I want that game to be a pure Nintendo universe series.

Man, I respectfully gotta disagree. I understand maybe the idea of a lost slot for a fan favorite, but not this anti-fun attitude. Smash Bros is fun because it's all iconic game stars from multiple companies, not just Nintendo.

Considering we only get Injustice games at all because MK is a thing, I would take 'three non cannon character plus 25+ DC characters' and still be happy over no game at all. Where do you draw the line? Is Watchmen stuff bad for IJ? Do Final Fight characters in Street Fighter bug you? What about Marvel Vs Capcom?

If you play the story of Injustice, the guest characters don't show up. If you play MK, Freddy doesn't just pop in and start ruining everything. I dunno, I think this is just a weird nitpicky thing that you shouldn't care so much about. It's also sorta selfish towards all the people who do enjoy guest characters, especially when you can forgo buying the specific characters you dislike.

But hey, you do you.

It isn't anti fun. Those things are not fun for me. They ruin my immersion.

Sure, they might be fun for other people. I'm not living in a bubble here. I know those things exist and I know I don't have to buy them. I just don't like their existence.

And for the record, I would not want to see Watchmen in a DC game. Yes, Watchmen is a DC branded comic, but it is also its own self enclosed world, free of crossover and outside intrusion and I prefer to keep it that way.

I'm very clearly in the minority here and I'm ok with that. I'm not advocating to ruin other people's fun. I'm just advocating that maybe fun can be had without spoiling a universe with crossovers. Until 12 hours ago, Hellboy in Injustice 2 wasn't even a thing we knew about and we were all perfectly content without it. It's not like fun would be diminished if Hellboy wasn't in the game. Fun would just be different. Instead of controlling Hellboy, maybe we would be controlling Larfleeze instead, and we would still be having fun.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yes, but it's your specific, weirdly controlling version of fun. You even said you might not buy it based on optional DLC. If you ignore it exists, it's exactly the game you wanted. And while I sure they are some hardcore Zarfleeze fans out there, I certainly am more familiar with Hellboy and Spawn. Meh, that news only made me more excited, but I suppose it goes to show you can't please everyone all the time.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    And for the record, this isn't just a DC thing. I don't like guest characters in any game. I think I'm just an in-continuity purist.

I didn't like Link, Spawn, or Heihachi in Soul Calibur 2. I didn't like Freddy in MK9.

Heck, I don't even like out-of-universe crossovers in mashup games, and that's the whole point of a mashup. For example, the inclusion of Mega-Man and Pac Man in the latest Smash Bros really irritates me. I want that game to be a pure Nintendo universe series.

Man, I respectfully gotta disagree. I understand maybe the idea of a lost slot for a fan favorite, but not this anti-fun attitude. Smash Bros is fun because it's all iconic game stars from multiple companies, not just Nintendo.

Considering we only get Injustice games at all because MK is a thing, I would take 'three non cannon character plus 25+ DC characters' and still be happy over no game at all. Where do you draw the line? Is Watchmen stuff bad for IJ? Do Final Fight characters in Street Fighter bug you? What about Marvel Vs Capcom?

If you play the story of Injustice, the guest characters don't show up. If you play MK, Freddy doesn't just pop in and start ruining everything. I dunno, I think this is just a weird nitpicky thing that you shouldn't care so much about. It's also sorta selfish towards all the people who do enjoy guest characters, especially when you can forgo buying the specific characters you dislike.

But hey, you do you.

It isn't anti fun. Those things are not fun for me. They ruin my immersion.

Sure, they might be fun for other people. I'm not living in a bubble here. I know those things exist and I know I don't have to buy them. I just don't like their existence.

And for the record, I would not want to see Watchmen in a DC game. Yes, Watchmen is a DC branded comic, but it is also its own self enclosed world, free of crossover and outside intrusion and I prefer to keep it that way.

I'm very clearly in the minority here and I'm ok with that. I'm not advocating to ruin other people's fun. I'm just advocating that maybe fun can be had without spoiling a universe with crossovers. Until 12 hours ago, Hellboy in Injustice 2 wasn't even a thing we knew about and we were all perfectly content without it. It's not like fun would be diminished if Hellboy wasn't in the game. Fun would just be different. Instead of controlling Hellboy, maybe we would be controlling Larfleeze instead, and we would still be having fun.

Is this a bad time to point out that the current DC Universe is a result of Doctor Manhattan?

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I wonder if they're gonna give Spawn his cape.

They never give Spawn his cape.

• Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    Not DC canon, no. Those crossovers are part of their "Elseworlds" series and are very clearly marketed as nothing more than crossovers for the sake of a dime.

And yes, I don't want Hellboy or Spawn in my DC game either. I like both of those characters. I enjoy both of their comics and they are fun dudes.

But we have never had a pure DC fighting game.

Well, Injustice was when it first came out. Scorpion didn't hit for a bit did he? I certainly didn't buy him, and I didn't get to play as him until I got the "Complete edition" (or whatever it's called) free on PS+. As far as I was concerned, Injustice was pure DC every time I put in the disc.

Also none of the DLC characters appear in story mode, which is actually what I'm most looking forward to about Injustice 2.

Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    Not DC canon, no. Those crossovers are part of their "Elseworlds" series and are very clearly marketed as nothing more than crossovers for the sake of a dime.

And yes, I don't want Hellboy or Spawn in my DC game either. I like both of those characters. I enjoy both of their comics and they are fun dudes.

But we have never had a pure DC fighting game.

Well, Injustice was when it first came out. Scorpion didn't hit for a bit did he? I certainly didn't buy him, and I didn't get to play as him until I got the "Complete edition" (or whatever it's called) free on PS+. As far as I was concerned, Injustice was pure DC every time I put in the disc.

Also none of the DLC characters appear in story mode, which is actually what I'm most looking forward to about Injustice 2.

This is pretty much how I'm looking at it. I can understand being upset with crossovers existing even to the point that it'd make someone not want to get the game. However for me since Johnny cage isn't showing up and punching Superman in the dick to rescue Harley Quinn or something (presumably) I don't mind it much.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I wonder if they're gonna give Spawn his cape.

They never give Spawn his cape.

Maybe with the Pro/Scorpio patches, there will finally be enough teraflops to render the cape!

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    Faces redone to be a lot less chunky
    https://youtu.be/gkvZBP4MK1o

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Yeah I noticed in recent videos the faces look way better, they look brilliant

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I wonder what the over/under is on this being timed to coincide with the Justice League movie's release date.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I wonder what the over/under is on this being timed to coincide with the Justice League movie's release date.

It's been rumored they are aiming for a first quarter 2017 launch, but that is just that - a rumor. I'd personally rather see it sooner than November of next year when the movie comes out, but time will tell.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    Hah! Wow... I didn't really think the faces were all that bad before. The improved ones show just how wonky they were before, though. Like, even in that thumbnail, Supergirl's old face looks like a deranged chucky doll next to the new one!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    The story mode in this game will probably make a better movie than the actual Justice League movie.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    The story mode in this game will probably make a better movie than the actual Justice League movie.

Better than any post Nolan trilogy DC movie really... (though, I'm cautiously optimistic about Wonder Woman!)

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Honestly, it kind of looks like they dropped some of that facial mocap - the face model looks less samey (and ghoulish) from face to face, but the animation (especially their eyes) looks completely wooden in comparison to the old performance.

Two steps forward, one step back

• Options
    I've been playing the first one on BC, if anyone wants to play a few rounds add me

• Options
    I've been playing the first one on BC, if anyone wants to play a few rounds add me

I have only tried MNC on BC so far. How is injustice? Playing MNC was torturous

• Options

I have only tried MNC on BC so far. How is injustice? Playing MNC was torturous

I don't have any issues with it so far, playing online feels fine

• Options
    Injustice 2 comes out on May 16, according to Ed Boon. A bit later than I anticipated honestly.

• Options
    New trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hklKfEEsxc

I sorta got the impression that Batman might be the bad guy this time?

BUT

Robin, Brainiac, and I saw Poison Ivy in there too! It's WB, though, so of course they're holding a playable character hostage for preorders. So hey, preorder if you don't want to pay an extra $5 for Darksied!

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    This falls very much in line with a leak that I saw on neogaf

Which means
    Swamp Thing :)

• Options
    Please god yes

Robin looks neat, but really hope Nightwing is still in

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Is that Doogie Howser as the narrator?

• Options
    Well son of a bitch...

The $80 deluxe edition comes with 3 DLC characters, and most importantly a "Premier Skin" that turns Supergirl into Power Girl... complete with different VA and dialogue. So I pretty much have to at least pick up the deluxe.

The $100 ultimate edition comes with 9 DLC fighters and two more premier skins that appear to be Reverse Flash and John Stewart Green Lantern. So, I'm guessing there's 9 planned DLc characters and the ultimate gets you all of them while the deluxe gets you a third of them.

• Options
    Damn. I want all the skins...

• Options
    Yeah they got me... Just dropped a preorder for the ultimate edition on Amazon. I have prime so it came out to $85. That's only $5 more than the Deluxe edition I would've bought anyways, so why not? My wish came true and Power Girl is in the game!

I mean, I doubt she'll have a different move set, but it's better than nothin'! Now I hope there's a tag team mode so I can team her up with Harley.

• Options
    Please god yes

If this is following the original Injustice storyline then. Nightwing (Dick) is dead and it was Damion taking his place. The trailer Robin seems to be in line with the design for Damion's Robin costume.

...But then again in the comic book for Injustice they removed ALOT of characters off the board so there could be some retconning and multiversing to bring back some people.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Well son of a bitch...

The $80 deluxe edition comes with 3 DLC characters, and most importantly a "Premier Skin" that turns Supergirl into Power Girl... complete with different VA and dialogue. So I pretty much have to at least pick up the deluxe.

The $100 ultimate edition comes with 9 DLC fighters and two more premier skins that appear to be Reverse Flash and John Stewart Green Lantern. So, I'm guessing there's 9 planned DLc characters and the ultimate gets you all of them while the deluxe gets you a third of them.

Shit like this just makes me wait until they've released all the DLC, then buy the GOTY edition that includes everything.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    That was what I said when they revealed the game, but the loot system is going to keep me playing the game enough that I'll still be into it when the characters come out. Also POWER GIRL :D:D

• Options
    Meh, it's like paying for HBO to watch Game of Thrones vs waiting to buy the bluray. Yeah, you'll pay more but you get to see it first. There's nothing wrong with buying the game a year out with all the DLC, but you jump in well after it's multiplayer scene has died down some.

• Options
    Please god yes

If this is following the original Injustice storyline then. Nightwing (Dick) is dead and it was Damion taking his place. The trailer Robin seems to be in line with the design for Damion's Robin costume.

...But then again in the comic book for Injustice they removed ALOT of characters off the board so there could be some retconning and multiversing to bring back some people.

Grayson was still in the first game, just not in the story since he got killed by that bitch ass Damien. That was a great moment in the story though, when Batman was fighting Damien talking about Dick and he's like "He was my son!"

Also, I thought that looked like Tim Drake Robin in the trailer.

• Options
    Meh, it's like paying for HBO to watch Game of Thrones vs waiting to buy the bluray. Yeah, you'll pay more but you get to see it first. There's nothing wrong with buying the game a year out with all the DLC, but you jump in well after it's multiplayer scene has died down some.

this is true, although with the way that netherrealm has treated the single player it may be worth it simply for the "campaign" and messing around a bit with the dlc characters.

personally i may just get the regular day 1 version. i want to play the game in multiplayer (hopefully it will launch with better netcode), and i really have something bordering on zero attachment to 99% of comic characters (dc or marvel). bane looks cool, so did grundy (dunno if he is in this one) so my wife will watch me play the single player and i'll goof around in multiplayer like MK9 and MKX. i have no real interest in darkseid, literally have seen zero media that involved him and the only reason i even knew he existed was from the old VS ccg

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I'm the opposite. I have 0 interest in the MP for this (or any fighting game really...), but if this pans out like I'm hoping it does, the addition of the loot system is going to make this one of the best SP fighting games around. The first game had robust arcade ladders and stuff. But now you're also grinding for loot! So I'm hoping that's gonna hook me and keep me playing longer than the usual campaign/arcade ladder endings stuff I do.

Edit: Also, POWER GIRL!!!

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've given up on ever playing a MP fighting game ever again (the scars still haven't healed from when I got my ass handed to me in Soul Calibur 4. I don't think I even managed to touch anyone all night). I like the stories Netherrealm come up with, and the occasional jaunt through arcade mode.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    klemming wrote: »
    Well son of a bitch...

Shit like this just makes me wait until they've released all the DLC, then buy the GOTY edition that includes everything.

That's what I did for Mortal Kombat X and it was one of the best decisions I've made. It was hard to wait but I didn't feel like a chump afterwards.

Now if I wait and Netherrealm changes their modus operandi, well then shit. They haven't explicitly come out and said there wouldn't be a "complete" edition, have they?

Cause damn I wants me some Powergirl sooner than later.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    Well son of a bitch...

That's what I did for Mortal Kombat X and it was one of the best decisions I've made. It was hard to wait but I didn't feel like a chump afterwards.

Now if I wait and Netherrealm changes their modus operandi, well then shit. They haven't explicitly come out and said there wouldn't be a "complete" edition, have they?

Cause damn I wants me some Powergirl sooner than later.

even if they don't, i would imagine you'd be able to get the game dirt cheap and buy all the DLC for some sort of discount.

• Options
    I am the Glass Joe of Killer Instinct or Mortal Kombat. But I love to jump in for a bit and play a couple matches and get out.

I liked the first Injustice for its story mode and hope they add some extra stuff for the single player for the sequel.

But if I go online it might be in a desperate attempt to get an achievement or two before I retreat because that stresses me out.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I really wish there was an easier way to purchase the Ultimate Edition digitally for Xbox One.

The only solution I can see is ordering via Gamestop and fuck Gamestop. No option for Amazon or the Live Marketplace.

Bleh.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    I really wish there was an easier way to purchase the Ultimate Edition digitally for Xbox One.

The only solution I can see is ordering via Gamestop and fuck Gamestop. No option for Amazon or the Live Marketplace.

Bleh.

I think it's because they just announced them yesterday. I preordered the physical PS4 ultimate edition on Amazon yesterday, but I specifically had to search "Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition" Just searching Injustice 2 only brought up the standard game with no deluxe or ultimate options.