As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Will we know ahead of time what games (both board and electronic) will be at PAX?

Gamul1Gamul1 Registered User regular
I'm just curious if we will know ahead of time which games will be available at PAX. I like to study/think about things before I buy if possible.

And, will there likely be games available Friday that will get sold out in the first day and not available Saturday? I have Saturday tickets but hate the thought of missing out. :)

Thanks!

• Gamul1Gamul1 Registered User regular
    I should add - "ahead of time". In case that wasnt clear.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The list of exhibitors isn't available until ~2-3 weeks before the show. What specifically they are offering and how much isn't provided; it is best to ask them directly.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    We will know what companies are there ahead of time whenever they update the guidebook probably some time in February.

I'm not sure what you mean by games getting sold out. Companies will be there all three days so you should be about to play the demos any time.

Either way this probably belongs in the FAQ thread so I'd invite the mods to combine if necessary.

P0P7S6y.png
  • Gamul1Gamul1 Registered User regular
    Maybe I am misinformed (this will be my first PAX), but I thought I had heard with board games at least that some had a limited supply and sold out early on cool games. Hate to miss out on stuff.

Thanks guys

• SolanalesSolanales CMYKMatter Registered User regular
    Gamul1 wrote: »
    Maybe I am misinformed (this will be my first PAX), but I thought I had heard with board games at least that some had a limited supply and sold out early on cool games. Hate to miss out on stuff.

Thanks guys

Ah yes, some board games may get sold out but there isn't much to be done about that. I haven't had any issues, but ya never know. In any event, I would recommend checking the guidebook once it gets updated and make sure to get to the booths that you're really interested in early =)

P0P7S6y.png
  • MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    As has been mentioned, we'll know which developers will be attending around mid-to-late February. As to specific games, the standard is we won't know until the event. But you can pretty much figure out most of it based on release windows or social media posts (ie. Nintendo confirming their booth at South and East will be Switch demos left and right).

As to who attends, there are always usual suspects (Sega, Capcom, Bethesda, 2k, Blizzard, etc). Nintendo and Microsoft, of course. Last year was the first year Sony ever attended (unless you count Naughty Dog bringing The Last of Us to East 2013), but they're doing pretty solid this go around so count them in as well- at the very least to push more PSVR demos since that was a very popular hit last year.

Tabletop presence tends to be easy to find out early from most distributors. Very few aren't shy about hyping potential future sales. ;)

MephistoN7 on
    erdub14zr3u2.png