As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars PBP OOC - GIve me liberty or give me death!

12346»

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    when are we rolling light side dark side die

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    If I roll to know more about the fighters can Rika's obsesssion with sleek, fast ships give her a boost die?

Also, not that it matters with my skillls but what knowledge would it fall under?

Roll pilot (space) but based off intellect, 1 boost die

I wanna use streetwise give a factoid about how smugglers and crime lords work, proving to the commander my abilities to survive and thrive in the underworld. Liakkazza is playing the political game, the more he can get these folks to trust him. The more freedom he will be allowed to do his job.

When Erdogan lauds your attitude towards free press you are a nasty piece of work and no mistake

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I think I'll hold on the knowledge check until we actually see/interact with the fighters to keep things moving.

• FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    I figured we'd be rolling destiny dice once the mission starts proper?

I think I'll hold on the knowledge check until we actually see/interact with the fighters to keep things moving.

Yeah i don't know how long solar wants this scene to go on, but I'm totally cool star wiping to the next scene

• SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Yeah. Caryse is soldier. Orders are orders and she's ready to move.

• HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Just a quick note, Rehma should sound like a female Peter Lorre, or Cad Bane if you've seen Clone Wars.

Hellbore on
    Any word from Solar?

Sorry guys, will sort out the mission tonight

Just been in a bit of a bad state over the weekend. But better now! Stupid life! Barely been at home. But am back and rolling.

Sorry to hear about a bad turn. No rush on the update, RL comes first.

At this point because Rehma's the engineer stuck interacting with Rika and the character name I most easily remember I feel like our Duros has more to fear from incidental flashback damage than the Empire. :rotate:

Hey, I'm cool with it. Rehma probably got good at working around Rika after that.

Which skill would it be to look up the smuggler's personal & ship history? Might be worth it to set up an "I scratch, you scratch" situation.

Underworld or Outer Rim, maybe?

Well both are the same for me, so I'll let the GM decide

Geth, roll 3eA + 2eD

+ 2eD:
    3eA 2 successes, 1 advantage [3eA=-, S/A, S]

Forgot about no spaces

Geth, roll 2eD

2eD 0 successes, 3 threat [2eD=Th/Th, Th]

Success, but with a downside. You do find out about him, but I'm unsure of a problem arising here. Suggestions?

Maybe some of the stuff I learn isn't true?

Surely the easiest way to know about an imperial prisoner on the outer rim would be some underworld contacts or corrupt Imperials. Maybe one of them decided to let the other side know that some bozo was asking about the guy.

Silly question...are we on Estan III already? Or another planet in the Estan system?

And if so, then am I right in assuming that Starshadow base is in an out of the way location, whereas our smuggler target is in a cantina somewhere in a population centre?

Let's go to the shooting range together and talk about how smugglers work

edited January 2017
    Steelhawk wrote: »
    Silly question...are we on Estan III already? Or another planet in the Estan system?

And if so, then am I right in assuming that Starshadow base is in an out of the way location, whereas our smuggler target is in a cantina somewhere in a population centre?

Estan III is the spaceport

You are on a moonlet orbiting Estan V, which is in the outer system.

(Estan III is really warm and rocky, and V is in a belt of warm gas and dust with a thick atmosphere so it's habitable.)

Solar on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Farangu wrote: »
    Maybe some of the stuff I learn isn't true?

Perhaps the information you learn is true, but will make it harder to work with or trust the smuggler (or not to shoot said smuggler on sight).
    Just saying, if you found out the smuggler had done some work as a slaver, or may have been part of some imperial atrocity before going smuggler... Could make it really difficult to work with him, especially if the smuggler's background tied into one of the more tragic PC backstories.

Just a thought though.

I like that

We'll work with that

Okay so people are gathering some intel on the smuggler from what they know on base, and are able to do their various little personal desires on the base as well before you guys set off

So everyone tell me what you want to do before we cut to Estan III, if anything, we'll roll it out and I'll tell you what you've managed to learn!

Farangu you learn that Kesyk is a known smuggler operating from Estan III who can be contacted through various different means, mostly found in Cantinas in the main starport. He tends to get to know establishment owners, so speaking to the man in charge (so to speak) is the best way to set up a meet

However, you've learnt that recently a meet was set-up with Kesyk, but they guy who went got killed by him. You don't know why, but nobody else does either, and it makes people nervous dealing with him. Might be that he's a little unstable, took offence... who knows. In any case, the kid blasted a guy in cold blood.

What skill would I roll for the 'try and re-inventorise? I want to take the time after the meeting to try and organise things around at least the U-Wing, since that's what I'll probably be working on most.

edited January 2017
    Sorry I haven't been posting. I have a fever.

Liakkazza gets some blue milk at the bar with Carylse. "It's possible he wants to help us but has someone watching him."

NeoToma on
    I think we're ready to head to the planet?

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Yeah I can think of a couple of things I could have Caldwee do but nothing super important, I never did get an answer to my question but I didn't roll and there are some good reasons they might not want to try and buy them, so I think I'm good.

I'm thinking when we get to the planet my plan will likely be to ask around as if I'm interested in buying up some fighters for some arms dealer stuff, try and see if we can't get a second point of contact besides the one guy we know. Hell who knows, I might actually succeed and then we don't even need to go in guns blazing :P

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Everything alright @Solar ? Just checking in, you did say you had stuff going on.

Bueller?