As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Shot of Ice & Fire: Book Three (schedules are up!)

SwaeSwae Registered User regular
edited January 2017 in PAX South
o7pvqoa4o3kg.jpg

Welcome to A Shot of Ice & Fire: Book Three, otherwise known as the Third Annual PAX South pre-PAX Community bar crawl!

In staying with PAX tradition, the Thursday evening prior to PAX will see a huge group of us crawling through the San Antonio Riverwalk, drinking, making friends, and raising money for Child's Play. There will be houses. There will be drinking challenges. There will be sigils. Be prepared, because winter PAX South is coming.

This event is strictly 21+. Facebook pages are listed under each house. Twitter: @PAXIceandFire #paxsouthbarcrawl

Prologue
In this frozen moment you flash through what you have just wielded and have yet to forge this night. Amidst your companions of valor, you seize the moment and take the challenge, for the honor of your house, for your glory in battle…

Through hill and dale, through rain and fog you and your companions of the quest push on and challenge after challenge you are overcome with the haze of battle…your memory will flicker…you can barely piece together but know you have brought honor to house and can proudly bear your sigil.

Your skull rings with fire from your quest…and it was good...

What This Is

Welcome to the PAX South version of the PrePAX bar crawl. You may have attended one of the other PrePAX bar crawls, The Triwizard Drinking Tournament or the Pokecrawl. Or if this is your first PAX, maybe not. In any case, this is a bar crawl. A Game of Thrones-themed bar crawl designed to get you drunk and meet fellow PAXers, all while raising money for the Child’s Play charity. This means we will ask you for donations. There will probably be cool things auctioned off. Don’t be stingy - bring some extra cash and think of the children.

This event will be held in and around the San Antonio Riverwalk. Registration with your House will start at 7:00 and each team will move to their first challenge bar at 8:00. Every hour, you will go forth to a new bar and a new house to humiliate with your elite drinking skills. All bars will be walking distance to each other. We come as a group, and leave as a group, so don’t try to get left behind!

How Does it Work?
When you arrive at the first bar, your Lord or Lady and his noblemen will check you in (see below for registration details). You will receive a registration card with some very important stuff on it. You will also receive six buttons with your house sigil upon them. At each bar, you will single out the weakest member of the opposing house and challenge them to a duel. Once you have completed the duel (and hopefully bested them), take their house sigil as a sign of your superiority. And then give them one of yours, just to be nice. Your goal will be to collect all six sigils to show the world that you rule the seven kingdoms…..or just that you have a liver made of Valyrian Steel.

How To Participate

Registration is open through Eventbrite at:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/a-shot-of-ice-fire-book-3-tickets-30013628571

You will be able to register yourself and a +1. Any duplicate registrations will be deleted, so don’t try to fool us. When registration opens, it will not have a wait-list due to the functionality of Eventbrite. Any cancellations or spots that open up will immediately go back into the pool. You will need to bring a printout of your registration confirmation or have it available on your smart device when you check in at your first bar. We will ask that everyone donate at least $1 for Child's Play to receive the scorecard and house buttons.

How Do I Win?

There's really no winning, per se. This is pretty much a fun, drunken night out with fellow nerds. But for those of you who do manage to conquer all of your foes and collect their sigils, there will be a button confirming the fact that you have lived through Book Three. We're also raising money for Child's Play, so bring some extra cash and for the love of the Gods old and new, think of the children.

The House that raises the most will be declared the most bestest house ever (at least for this year) and will have bragging rights going into Book Four.

We're always accepting volunteer spots as noble helpers or Wardens (sober assists) - it requires herding your brethren from one bar to the next, and making sure we don't lose any of our bannermen along the way. This is a great option for those that don’t feel like waking up hungover on Friday, but still like the energy and social spirit of the crawl. We prefer our volunteers mostly sober. Sober-ish. Ok, not falling down. Please PM Swae or Etaoin if you're interested in assisting.

Tips & Tricks
Don't Be a Dick: First and foremost, don't do anything that's going to embarrass yourself or anyone else. Especially since alcohol is going to be involved you're going to want to leave your asshole pants at home.

Know Your Limit: The only person who knows your alcohol tolerance is you. There's nothing worse than an overindulged drunk so don't be that guy or girl. If someone notices that you're getting sloppy, you're already past the point of no return. You should probably stop drinking when someone points out to you that you're peeing on a bar stool.

Leave No Housemate Behind: We arrive as a group and leave as a group. If someone has to be That Guy/Gal who gets so wasted that they think they're actually Jamie Lannister, it's the responsibility of the crawl as a whole to ensure this person makes it safely back to their hotel. Use the buddy system, handcuff yourselves to each other, whatever. No one is to vomit in a bus terminal by themselves. Not this night, at least.

Respect the Head of House and their Assistants: Anyone designated as a House noble for the crawl isn't there just to direct you to the next bar; they're there to make sure everyone's having a good time and that everything runs smoothly. They're there to keep everyone moving and to stop people from jumping up on the bar and dropping trou. If one asks you to stop picking bar fights with Tom Cruise, it might be a good idea to do so.

HAVE FUN: This is the most important guideline of all: Have fun! We're all on vacation and we're drinking with fellow nerds so let's enjoy it. Keeping ourselves fairly reasonable for the evening will make it a good time for everyone.

Reminders:
You must have a print out of your confirmation email or have it available on your smart phone.
You MUST provide your full name during the registration process, forum handle is optional.
You MUST be over the age of 21. No minors allowed. This is a bar crawl, please don't bring your children.
Attendees are limited to registering for 2 tickets (Yourself +1)
If you harass people on the forums or the team Facebook pages, you will be removed from the crawl, and your ticket will go back into the pool.
Duplicate/multiple orders, orders containing more than 1 ticket type, and otherwise suspicious orders will be cancelled. If you have an issue with registration please contact me immediately.

THE HOUSES

House Targaryen
rbsep7r0rabq.gif
Lady Swae
Maester Etaoin
Warden Aldrea
Septon <TBD>

Bar 1 (7:00 - 8:00): The Davenport
Bar 2 (8:00 - 9:00): Ticket Sports Pub vs. House Baratheon
Bar 3 (9:00 - 10:00): Mad Dogs vs. House Lannister
Bar 4 (10:00 - 11:00): Agave Bar vs. House Stark
Bar 5 (11:00 - 12:00): Mad Dogs vs. The Wildlings
Bar 6 (12:00 - 1:00): Buckhorn Saloon vs. Night's Watch
Bonus Bar (1:00 - close): Buckhorn Saloon (optional bar with all crawlers)
Route Map: https://goo.gl/maps/Zw5ewt3zpJM2

Facebook Group:
https://facebook.com/groups/1579313982281104/

House Lannister
th0w23nonooe.gif

Lord Youngeric86
Maester Flashe
Warden Samantha
Septon <TBD>

Bar 1 (7:00 - 8:00): Agave Bar (enter from Riverwalk Side)
Bar 2 (8:00 - 9:00): Buckhorn Saloon vs. House Stark
Bar 3 (9:00 - 10:00): Mad Dogs vs. House Targaryen
Bar 4 (10:00 - 11:00): Mad Dogs vs. Night's Watch
Bar 5 (11:00 - 12:00): Davenport vs. House Baratheon
Bar 6 (12:00 - 1:00): vs. Ticket Sports Pub vs. The Wildlings
Route Map: https://goo.gl/maps/RDesyZmagJ62

Facebook Group:
https://facebook.com/groups/388961264604587/

House Stark
0umm20zzd5na.gif

Lord T
Maester Zeromyst
Warden Nuggetuconn
Septon Nick

Bar 1 (7:00 - 8:00): Mad Dogs
Bar 2 (8:00 - 9:00): Buckhorn Saloon vs. House Lannister
Bar 3 (9:00 - 10:00): Davenport vs. The Wildlings
Bar 4 (10:00 - 11:00): Agave Bar vs. House Targaryen
Bar 5 (11:00 - 12:00): Bar 414 vs. Night's Watch
Bar 6 (12:00 - 1:00): Bar 414 vs. House Baratheon
Route Map: https://goo.gl/maps/zWAZEH7pTGP2

Facebook Group:
https://facebook.com/groups/1565184373696493/

House Baratheon
r5r2lvmu92kk.gif

Lord Sera123k
Maester
Warden
Septon

Bar 1 (7:00 - 8:00): Buckhorn Saloon
Bar 2 (8:00 - 9:00): Ticket Sports Pub vs. House Targaryen
Bar 3 (9:00 - 10:00): Agave Bar vs. Night's Watch
Bar 4 (10:00 - 11:00): Davenport vs. The Wildlings
Bar 5 (11:00 - 12:00): Davenport vs. House Lannister
Bar 6 (12:00 - 1:00): Bar 414 vs. House Stark
Route Map: https://goo.gl/maps/xVf2RicJAMx

Facebook Group:
https://facebook.com/groups/415499315269537

The Night's Watch
ulmm1iyd0yg3.gif

Lord Peetsnack
Maester Zerzhul
Warden Beardhawk
Septon Ghostdan

Bar 1 (7:00 - 8:00): Ticket Sports Pub
Bar 2 (8:00 - 9:00): Agave Bar vs. The Wildlings
Bar 3 (9:00 - 10:00): Agave Bar vs. House Baratheon
Bar 4 (10:00 - 11:00): Mad Dogs vs. House Lannister
Bar 5 (11:00 - 12:00): Bar 414 vs. House Stark
Bar 6 (12:00 - 1:00): Buckhorn Saloon vs. House Targaryen
Route Map: https://goo.gl/maps/fshxBhkXe7u

Facebook Group:
https://facebook.com/groups/1589570317930641/

The Wildlings
rz2hmn1fa073.gif

Spearbearer Devierue
Master of Bones Archarzel
Freeman Sheephavewool

Bar 1 (7:00 - 8:00): Bar 414
Bar 2 (8:00 - 9:00): Agave Bar vs. Night's Watch
Bar 3 (9:00 - 10:00): Davenport vs. House Stark
Bar 4 (10:00 - 11:00): Davenport vs. House Baratheon
Bar 5 (11:00 - 12:00): Mad Dogs vs. House Targaryen
Bar 6 (12:00 - 1:00): Ticket Sports Pub vs. House Lannister
Route Map: https://goo.gl/maps/yHJWj19Dpnp

Facebook Group:
https://facebook.com/groups/392395164269657/

THE CHALLENGES

Bar 1: Valar Dohaeris - All men must serve - Forge a new alliance. See someone on your team that looks like a good ally? Share a drink and toast to your impending house victory!
Bar 2: Walk of Punishment - Each of you buy a shot and a non-alcoholic drink. Switch shots. Combine your shot and mixer and drink up - your walk is just beginning.
Bar 3: And Now His Watch Is Ended - Buy a shot each of whiskey, vodka and tequila. Rock/Paper/Scissors to see who drinks each shot.
Bar 4: Kissed by Fire - Buy your opponent a drink of your choice that contains cinnamon flavored liquor. Drink, and prove you can withstand the fire.
Bar 5: The Bear and the Maiden Fair - One of you is the Bear, the other is the Maiden. The Bear chooses a hard liquor, the Maiden chooses a flavored liquor. Order two cocktails which combine the two chosen liquors.
Bar 6: Rains of Castamere - Drink a glass of water. Seriously. Drink it. Then, finish off the night with a drink of your choosing.

Swae on

• Options
    shimwoodshimwood Registered User regular
    Just a small correction:
    "...there will be a button confirming the fact that you have lived through Book Two."

Should probably say Book Three at the end, no?

khd33hubozxv.png
  • Options
    Rogue_hunterRogue_hunter Breaks Through Brick Walls Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    shimwood wrote: »
    Just a small correction:
    "...there will be a button confirming the fact that you have lived through Book Two."

Should probably say Book Three at the end, no?

swae did not entirely survive book 2... :D

PlayStation Network: Rogue_hunter
    Steam: Rogue_hunter
    Games for Windows Live: Roguality
    Google+
    Twitter
  • Options
    EtaoinEtaoin South Barcrawl Lead, Omeganaut S16 TexasRegistered User regular
    Hey All! We are in need of volunteers this year to both lead houses and play supporting roles. We CANNOT put on the Crawl if we don't have people to guide the drunken hordes. There is responsibility involved, but you will have a team of people to help you out and answer any questions you have. And remember, this is all for the kids! If you are interested, please send Swae or me a PM.

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    TomsushiTomsushi Registered User regular
    Really excited for another year of the Bar Crawl, i'll ask my friends if any want to volunteer. Id do it myself but after 2 years I clearly cant control the amount of alcohol I consume during this mini vaca!

• Options
    youngeric86@gmail.comyoungeric86@gmail.com Registered User regular
    I would like to volunteer if you still need A house leader.

• Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    Looking forward to it :)

<@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    It seems like less people are interested this year, which is sad. I will try to put this on blast and get more interested.

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    I would love to attend, but made some very poor decisions with my flights, and won't be arriving in San Antonio until after 8pm, too late to join up this year.

• Options
    Aggress wrote: »
    It seems like less people are interested this year, which is sad. I will try to put this on blast and get more interested.

I think that we will still fill up, it just seems that the forums are becoming less popular and FB and Twitter are being used more. We need all the attention we can get though. Tell your friends!! It's For the Kids!! and Booze!! and Things!!!

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    The AviatrixThe Aviatrix Registered User regular
    I am excited for this - but I have my heart set on Night's Watch or Wildlings.
    I've been wanting to make a Night's Watch costume for a while - and even if it fills too fast, I can make it work as a Wildling xD
    (I will be the Mock Crow! I bait the crows by wearing the clothes of their dead brothers... To more easily murder them and take their supplies.)

x5XpZBK.pngEz7XjRx.pngml9Z6gf.png
  • Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    The Night's Watch is a honorable goal.

• Options
    Update! Registration will open on January 2 and 9:00 am. Choose your allegiance and start getting those livers ready!

House leadership and the drinking challenges for this year, as well as a preliminary schedule are now in the OP.

• Options
    Button designs are finished and in the main post. Don't forget, registration opens Monday - you can reserve 2 spots per person. Some houses may sell out early, so be sure to grab your tickets next week!

• Options
    House Targaryen will be selling these A Shot of Ice & Fire 2017 shot glasses all night for $10 each. Be sure to get one when you meet up with us before they sell out! If you would prefer to get yours before the crawl starts, we will be set up at the Homewood Suites from 5:30 - 6:30.

3mbusalcxupq.jpg

• Options
    Registration is now open! Check the OP for the Eventbrite link.

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    'T''T' King in the North BostonRegistered User regular
    House Stark would like to cordially invite you all to the wedding of King Robb's uncle Edmure Tully to Roslin Frey, as part of our pact with Lord Walder Frey of the Twins.

The wedding will be held in Downtown San Antonio on Janurary 26th at 7PM. Be there for drinks, merriment, and prizes! More info to follow.

Your King in the North,
    Robb 'T' Stark (DJ Youngwolf)

15e5VyH.png
  • Options
    crashmurphycrashmurphy Registered User regular
    We shall be joining the House of Stark at this wedding. Looking forward to it!

dkmbNgP.png
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    The Watch is almost full. If you have anyone you want to join, please be sure to have them register right now!

7B14287.png
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Night gathers, and now my watch begins.
    It shall not end until my death.
    I shall take donations, hold nothing back, and give to the children.
    I shall wear no crowns and win no glory.
    I shall live and die at my post.
    I am the sword in the darkness.
    I am the watcher on the walls.
    I am the shield that guards the realms of youth.
    I pledge my life and wallet to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

• Options
    Animal-_-Animal-_- Registered User regular
    Fire and Blood! The crown shall be ours!

uBoT4dK.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    As of today, January 4, there are about 40 spots left.

eqvxm3tq5amp.png

And as a reminder, if you register and later determine you cannot make it, PLEASE cancel your registration so that others can participate. Thanks, and I can't wait to see our veteran crawlers again and meet the new folks!

Swae on
  • Options
    Only 10 spots left!

• Options
    MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Heil House Barthaleon!

Just wanted to confirm, there is no donation when i reserve, correct? If so, I missed it. But no worries, I am Cookie Brigade, and will certainly have no problem donating to Childs Play.

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • Options
    Correct, registering is free. We will ask for a donation when you meet up with your House at the first bar, and then lots more during the evening. :)
    MASeffect wrote: »
    Heil House Barthaleon!

Just wanted to confirm, there is no donation when i reserve, correct? If so, I missed it. But no worries, I am Cookie Brigade, and will certainly have no problem donating to Childs Play.

• Options
    Every ticket had been spoken for! If any spots open up, I will post on twitter first then here on the forums.

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    There are 2 spots open in the Night's Watch

Etaoin on
    7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    This is a silly question with an obvious answer but can we bring cosplay props like say a replica GoT sword made of steel around with us during the crawl?

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Tomsushi wrote: »
    This is a silly question with an obvious answer but can we bring cosplay props like say a replica GoT sword made of steel around with us during the crawl?

From one crawler to another I would think that abiding by the general PAX cosplay rules would be optimal.

Animal-_- on
    uBoT4dK.jpg
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think that bars may not enjoy someone bringing a steel weapon into their establishment. I love extensive cosplay, but I do think I would leave weapons (even fake ones) entirely out of it for the crawl.

• Options
    KzordKzord Registered User regular
    I just finished my Cosplay for this. I am very excited and am kinda hoping it'll be a cold night...so much (fake)fur!

• Options
    'T''T' King in the North BostonRegistered User regular
    Just sent an update e-mail to House Stark, but for those not hip with the reading of e-mails (and part of other houses), here's a quick quick tl;dr of stuff we'll be selling during the crawl.

* $2 PAX South Orange Glow-in-the-Dark House Stark Wristbands
    moaeapnupscc.png

* $5 House Stark Title Deeds
    uqk2h52coato.png
    http://i.imgur.com/n3ljdoS.jpg

And here's a quick list of stuff we'll be auctioning.

* Dual art print posters of posters like the ones you see below (two character per house so 12 posters total throughout the night)
    http://i.imgur.com/OUZcUy4.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/jmgTqHD.jpg

* The House Stark banner we'll be lugging around all night (other houses will be doing this as well)
    hga4wd74o4xx.png

- 'T'

15e5VyH.png
  • Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    House Lannister will be having some cool random prizes (HoTS skins, blizzard swag, and pins) for you fine folk who show gold for a good cause...cough Child's Play.

• Options
    Schedules are up (route maps coming soon).

Starting bars for each house are:
    House Targaryen: The Davenport, 203 N. Presa Street
    House Lannister: Agave Bar, 521 Riverwalk Street (note - the bar is above the restaurant)
    House Stark: Mad Dogs English Pub, 123 Losoya Street #19
    House Baratheon: Buckhorn Saloon, 318 E. Houston Street
    Night's Watch: Ticket Sports Pub, 420 E. Houston Street
    The Wildlings: Bar 414, 205 E. Houston Street

• Options
    iAlexiAlex Registered User regular
    Hi All! First time at South. I've done the Pokécrawl at East and Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament at West; love it! If anyone cancels, will it be posted here in this thread? Thanks! :-)

• Options
    iAlex0488 wrote: »
    Hi All! First time at South. I've done the Pokécrawl at East and Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament at West; love it! If anyone cancels, will it be posted here in this thread? Thanks! :-)
    Best place to watch is the crawl's Twitter @PaxSouthBarCrawl.

uBoT4dK.jpg
  • Options
    Animal-_- wrote: »

This is correct except that the Crawl twitter is @PAXIceandFire and as of Tuesday morning I will only be advertising open spots via twitter.

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    Etaoin wrote: »

This is correct except that the Crawl twitter is @PAXIceandFire and as of Tuesday morning I will only be advertising open spots via twitter.

Oops, I read the part before the @. Let the boos commence.

uBoT4dK.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Etaoin on
    7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    iAlexiAlex Registered User regular
    Etaoin wrote: »

Oops, I read the part before the @. Let the boos commence.

Thank you both! I'll keep on eye on twitter. :-)

• Options
    I was just wondering was there a scheduling conflict for the crawl? Nights Watch have same bars back to back twice. We miss out on the Davenport

This discussion has been closed.