As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The LGBT Thread

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    No, he said commuted. No one in their right fucking mind thinks that Chelsea would ever actually be pardoned, there's no question of her guilt and even she wouldn't expect a paron.

Now what he's saying is that he meant "commuted and released immediately" which is essentially impossible. Paperwork needs to be done. Things have to be arranged. He's absolutely being a craven piece of shit.

If they had, through some miracle, said "ok, her sentence is commuted and we can release her within 48 hours" he would have done the same thing because he is, at heart, an unrepentant piece of shit.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    The irony is that the asshole has been hiding in the Ecuadorian embassy for like six years in order to avoid extradition. If he'd just turned himself in he'd probably be out of prison by now.

Oof, I don't know. Maybe for the one thing but if the US got hold of him I think they'd find a pretty dark place to keep him.

I meant for the rape. He's trying to weigh how much he'll get for espionage here versus rape in Switzerland. Shit if he'd committed the rape over here he'd only have gotten probation

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I wonder if Obama decided to do it in exchange for Assange.

Then Obama's a fuckin' rube

Yeah if Assange's offer factored seriously into Obama's decision making process on this then Obama is dumb

But I think Obama is probably not dumb and the most consideration he gave it was that it would be funny to watch Assange weasle his way out of a thing he unilaterally proposed

And it is

All that really matters is that Manning is getting out and that her support network sticks with her because not being in federal prison will be a massive improvement but her situation is still gonna be incredibly difficult going forward, Assange is an attention seeking side show

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    The irony is that the asshole has been hiding in the Ecuadorian embassy for like six years in order to avoid extradition. If he'd just turned himself in he'd probably be out of prison by now.

Oof, I don't know. Maybe for the one thing but if the US got hold of him I think they'd find a pretty dark place to keep him.

I meant for the rape. He's trying to weigh how much he'll get for espionage here versus rape in Switzerland. Shit if he'd committed the rape over here he'd only have gotten probation

He'd have received a strong custodial sentence of Boys Will Be Boys

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I feel like I've read that the rape charge wouldn't even be a rape charge here, only falls under rape by sweden's legal system - was basically lying about using a condom right? Not sure what that falls under legally.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I feel like I've read that the rape charge wouldn't even be a rape charge here, only falls under rape by sweden's legal system - was basically lying about using a condom right? Not sure what that falls under legally.

It falls under rape by deceit, which, I'm sure some states have but lol if you think people get prosecuted for it

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    we need to figure out, as a community, if we should focus on calling Assange a weenie, or a wimp

or are we daring enough to go with "weenie-wimp"

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    How about coward-rapist?

• MKRMKR Registered User regular
    wimpaweenie

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »

It falls under rape by deceit, which, I'm sure some states have but lol if you think people get prosecuted for it

Gotcha. I may have had it backwards, and people were saying it would fall under rape here because we didn't have a "sexual misconduct" type of statute, but yeah either way that's certainly not why he's afraid of extradition.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    MKR wrote: »
    wimpaweenie

I like it!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    we need to figure out, as a community, if we should focus on calling Assange a weenie, or a wimp

or are we daring enough to go with "weenie-wimp"

"Wimp" always seemed to me to have the whiff of emasculation about it. "Rapist asshole" still works.

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    Hey so I know this is a change of topic but... I've been a part of this bizarre little and wonderful online community for ten goddamn years now. Wow.

I love you all so much.

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    That's awesome!

I get my 10 year badge in 6 months.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    This just in: I was really fucking wrong because as I'm sure everyone but me already knew, Assange asked for clemency for Manning which can mean both things, but at any rate it sounds like he's going to do what he said, so good, I guess.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I specifically stopped looking at the years awhile ago. I am an old.

Just passed my thirteenth birthday.

Tbqh I came back here to retire

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    honestly, I have to wonder what the odds of Assange getting a "presidential pardon" by The Orangeness if he did turn himself over.

In any case, props to Obama for alleviating the absurdity of Ms. Manning's sentence.

Label on
    Label wrote: »
    honestly, I have to wonder what the odds of Assange getting a "presidential pardon" by The Orangeness if he did turn himself over.

I think even Trump has a better command of optics than that.

ceres wrote: »
    This just in: I was really fucking wrong because as I'm sure everyone but me already knew, Assange asked for clemency for Manning which can mean both things, but at any rate it sounds like he's going to do what he said, so good, I guess.

I can't see anything that indicates he's going to do what he said he was going to do.

Wait, what?

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

Wait, what?

She joined the forums in 03

2x39jD4.jpg
  • HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

I'm nine...some days that is in more ways than one.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Wait, what?

Oh, thank the gods.

I thought she meant she was leaving.

Kwoaru wrote: »

Wait, what?

Oh, thank the gods.

I thought she meant she was leaving.

naw, I can't work any more so I came back here to waste time

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    wimpaweenie

Nintendo's console names have gone too far.

• CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    wimpaweenie

Nintendo's console names have gone too far.

I remember when I heard the rumour that the successor to the Wii would be called the Stream, and I just thought they were taking the piss.

• ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »

I think even Trump has a better command of optics than that.

At this point I'm pretty convinced he has no concept of optics at all. I mean, either Russia really does have something on him, or he has no idea how it looks every time he praises them.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Put on one set of stockings. whoops a hole.
    Put on another set of stockings. whoops a hole.

Gundi wrote: »
    Put on one set of stockings. whoops a hole.
    Put on another set of stockings. whoops a hole.

Put on both and that way the holes are covered

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    I just want to say I do love these threads and thank you all for being a potential outlet and source of support. I do have to ask if we are getting another thread or if it is break time? Recent history has been a bit scattered on that.

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Obama was asked basically the same question today in his last press conference.

He basically said "I never pay attention to what wikileaks tweets"

which was just such a damn burn that someone in the audience laughed

• HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    I frankly really enjoyed my wander around the conservative white retiree beach town I'm currently holidaying in with the folks, proudly wearing my marriage equality tshirt. So many oldperson stink-eyes.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
    Kojima is an asshole because he didn't make a game where you play as The Boss.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    lol

random CNN article popped up on my feed calling Chelsea Manning's release a "win" for Wikileaks

and here I'm wondering how

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    reconnecting via email with a friend after not seeing her for a year or two and was like 'yo I'm going by [lastname] socially although you don't have to switch if it's a bother'

and she countered with "gender neutral pronouns? male pronouns?"

hm I guess it's all a bit more obvious than I thought

I guess I am just going to be in a space for a while (probably a long while) where friends who are more clued into gender shit use different pronouns with me than other friends and family, because although I'm pretty fine just...not saying anything to people at the moment, I don't think I can turn down the offer to actually use 'preferred' pronouns for me; it would be really self-denying to do so

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    lol

random CNN article popped up on my feed calling Chelsea Manning's release a "win" for Wikileaks

if u make th common mistake of conflating "wikileaks" with "transparency," "cypto-freedom", or "progress," i can kinda understand how

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    lol

wikileaks themselves are claming it's a victory for them

vomit vomit vomit

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    lol

wikileaks themselves are claming it's a victory for them

vomit vomit vomit

This is good for BitCoin.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
This discussion has been closed.