As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Camp Comic] Friday, January 20, 2017 - Thank You

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited January 2017 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, January 20, 2017 - Thank You

Thank You

Thank You

http://campcomic.com/comic/394

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Aussie BackflipboyAussie Backflipboy Registered User new member
    edited January 2017
    This is one of the best web comics I have read. I always look forward to the latest comic. Keep up the excellent work. Have you considered a book? I would gladly support a Kickstarter if you ever decided to do one.

Aussie Backflipboy on
  • briguybriguy Registered User regular
    This is one of the best web comics I have read. I always look forward to the latest comic. Keep up the excellent work. Have you considered a book? I would gladly support a Kickstarter if you ever decided to do one.

https://store.penny-arcade.com/collections/camp-weedonwantcha/products/camp-weedonwantcha-volume-one-paperback

They did do a Kickstarter and a book. The book is amazing! It has several new storylines and behind the scenes info like rough character sketches, character development evolution etc. it's really cool.

Thank you, Katie and Adam, for sharing this wonderful creation with the world. It means a lot to us, we're glad you let us be a part of it.

Hopefully they'll do another Kickstarter or book at some point.

• FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    Wait, is it done?

• Android 21 3/7Android 21 3/7 Registered User regular
    Oh please tell me it isn't over! Dr. McNinja just ended! You've already finished Skadi! I've got a collection of other webcomics, but at this rate, they'll run dry!

• poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    No. Thank you for an amazing comic series.

• Ilze123Ilze123 Registered User regular
    thank you for being a bright light and making the world a little more cheerful.

It saddens me that can never thank you both in person. I live on the other side of the pont and the changes are tiny you will ever go to a convention in europe. And if you do, the changes are also slim I could go to the said convention.

No worries. I will survive.

• bobtheaxolotlbobtheaxolotl Registered User regular
    I don't think the comic is over. Looking over at Katie's twitter, it seems they're focusing on good things today, rather than paying attention to the inauguration of a certain sexually-aggressive thin-skinned tangerine man-baby that has inexplicably been chosen to lead a nuclear superpower.

• InterruptingGingerInterruptingGinger Registered User regular
    Gonna go ahead and need you to start selling this art as a print at cons, please.

• DublinDublin Registered User regular
    No no no.... Thank YOU!

• Christian LeBlancChristian LeBlanc Registered User regular
    I found the kitty! I mean, awww. This strip always makes me happy, even on a day like today. Thank you, Katie and Adam :)

• GinormousGinormous Registered User regular
    You're welcome, the comic has been fantastic. I can only assume this is up, because the world will end today when Trump is inaugurated.

• ShadowchildShadowchild Registered User new member
    Thank YOU for sharing your wonderful creations with us and brightening our days.

• Barnaby_vikingBarnaby_viking Registered User regular
    Wait...is it..over???

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Ilze123 wrote: »
    thank you for being a bright light and making the world a little more cheerful.

It saddens me that can never thank you both in person. I live on the other side of the pont and the changes are tiny you will ever go to a convention in europe. And if you do, the changes are also slim I could go to the said convention.

No worries. I will survive.

Please don't say that. It upsets us to know that people will survive without having met us.

• SynDuoSynDuo John A. Galvan Somewhere over a rainbowRegistered User regular
    Thank you Katie and Adam, this series really brings me so much joy. I look forward to it every week, and will gladly support it again via Kickstarter :D

• Talyn RahlTalyn Rahl Registered User regular
    Thank you for bringing pure perfection twice a week *hug*.

As a big fan of stories, and an even bigger fan of graphic storytelling, the work you're doing in Camp is truly some of the best I've read in a LONG time. Can't wait to take many more journey's around camp with Malachi, Seventeen and my new favourite person, Brian!

• RuntCakeRuntCake Swampsville, USARegistered User regular
    Man...Doctor McNinja ended today...I saw this and panicked for a bit! Losing two webcomics and gaining a Billion Dollar Cheeto would have been too much.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed after him.
  • Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Thank YOU, Katie and Adam, for bringing a delightful twist to the art of storytelling from a child's perspective. This is both rare and poignant, and has no peer. Here's to more adventures, twist the heartstrings though they may.

• hajenhajen Registered User regular
    today feels like a ditto day
    Gilded tombs do worms enfold
    contrariwise this camp thing is quite bold.
    Not all those who camp are lost,
    This singular comic to reign over them all,
    The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.
    These are the three simple rules of comics:
    1. Weedonwantcha rulez
    2. Weedonwantcha rulez
    3. Weedonwantcha rulez
    mostly fun
    I rate it 42 out of 10
    Camp Weedonwantcha is marvelously magical.
    Go then, there are other worlds than these. Camp Weedonwantcha exists only in the favored ones.
    I would also like to add, not only is this comic enjoyable, but the community is also uniquely amiable.

• Jr. Mithrandir Jr. Mithrandir Registered User regular
    This prompted me to finally say something I've been struggling to put into words for some time now:

Katie and Adam, I don't know if you realize how true-to-life these characters you've created are. My family takes care of foster children, and the longer these story lines go, the more they seem to parallel the real-life struggles of these real-life kids. This world is full of unwanted children, reeling from the damage of abuse, neglect, and abandonment, and because of that they aren't always the easiest people to live with. They can be self-centered, like Malachi, violent like Purdy, and even straight-up terrifying, like Neiman. In the eyes of society, they have become warped and unwantable, and caring for them can be a struggle as well as a privilege.

Anyhow, reading your strip gives me hope every time. It reminds me that healing happens slowly, in little ways that you don't notice every day. Their victories are small, but worth celebrating. At the end of the day, these kids are just kids, with their whole lives ahead of them to grow and change. I pray for all the little ones who are still lost in the woods, so to speak, and I thank you for telling their stories with so much humor and grace. You guys rock!

• Wait a minuteWait a minute Registered User regular
    What a great day to finally catch up. THank YOU katie and adam for a fantastic journey so far.

• Joe EnglandJoe England Registered User regular
    You've made a wonderful comic!

• QuistieQuistie Registered User regular
    Thank you for making such a wonderful comic!

Its so funny and sweet, and has wonderful characters even the gross/scary ones are fun (Neiman!) although I wouldn't necessarily want to meet them!

• GrakiaoGrakiao Registered User regular
    Thank you for providing this amazing series!

• WestIndianAgoutiWestIndianAgouti Registered User regular
    Katie and Adam, thank you so very much for creating this wonderful work of art called Camp Weedonwantcha. I always look forward to any updates and I always enjoy immersing myself within the vivid and heartfelt world you've crafted. In fact, reading your series has inspired me to pay greater attention to those in need, especially sick or less fortunate children here on my little island, as well as children suffering the indignities of displacement, starvation, prejudice, prostitution, and human trafficking, as well as those living in areas/countries affected by natural disasters and war. You amazing souls have, through your gifts of being able to evoke humanity in every detail and on every page, prompted me to fulfil a promise I made to myself years ago of joining my local Red Cross Society as a volunteer. So, in a very heartfelt and sincere nutshell.....thank you, thank you, thank you. Keep fighting the good fight.

• KatieJRiceKatieJRice Registered User regular
    Man, I don't even know where to start. We feel so fortunate to have such an amazing bunch of readers. Writing and drawing comics can be pretty draining in a number of ways, especially when the stories are a little more involved, or a little more emotional. It's even more draining when it's during stressful times. I hope those of you who keep coming back to read Camp W know that you make it so much easier, and so much more rewarding for us to get the work done.

Really, thank you guys for your comments, your critiques, your theories, your observations, and your patience. You make our comic better.

• ShadymanShadyman Registered User regular
    <3 Katie & Adam

• Dan JonesDan Jones Registered User new member
    Did I wake up in opposite land this morning? You're thanking me for letting you enrichen my life? Is this a thing now? If I win the lottery, are they going to send me a thank you letter too? Is everyone who gave me a Christmas gift supposed to send me a thank you letter for letting them give it to me? You guys are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your incredible viewpoint into life and character.

• cmgreenecmgreene Registered User regular
    ( =

• CosmicOwlCosmicOwl Registered User new member
    These comments are so consistently sickeningly white-knight supportive each week, I find the comment section to be far more amazing then the comic series itself.

Quistie wrote: »

Its so funny and sweet, and has wonderful characters even the gross/scary ones are fun (Neiman!) although I wouldn't necessarily want to meet them!

I feel bad for Neiman. I think he's a good guy. He just needs a hug.

I think there are some people in the world that just need hugs.

• AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    CosmicOwl wrote: »
    These comments are so consistently sickeningly white-knight supportive each week, I find the comment section to be far more amazing then the comic series itself.

Go away.

(Was that unsupportive enough?)

AdamRW on
    AdamRW wrote: »
    CosmicOwl wrote: »

Go away.

(Was that unsupportive enough?)

Adam, do you need hug?

• VectivusVectivus Registered User new member
    Thank you for sharing your time and talent with us. This comic is a high point of my week, just like Skadi was, and your willingness to provide something that helps make life nicer is more appreciated that you will ever know. Pax et Bonum.

• QuistieQuistie Registered User regular
    briguy wrote: »

That is very true. I may be a little worried about him stealing my shirt before the hug though!

briguy wrote: »

That is very true. I may be a little worried about him stealing my shirt before the hug though!

That's just Neiman though. He's the spice of life.
    You never know if he's going to murder you or save you with a rope made primarily of your own hair.

But he's always there.

Watching.

Waiting.

Always.

Always watching.