As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Goldeneye - Trapped in Limbo edition

124»

• Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is there a difference between being gullible and really, really wanting to believe?

Actually, I want to know where the screenshot really came from. It's not the Goldeneye source mod but it looks pretty awesome as an update to the N64 version.

it's from a nintendo 64 emulator.

It's not against the rules to point that out, right?

I know emulators for the N64 render the graphics with OpenGL and Direct3D, so they can be high-res, but those aren't the same textures or, in a few cases, models as in the N64 game. I know of some emulators that do retexturing, but Goldeneye is supposedly notoriously hard to do and I can't find evidence of anyone having done it. Furthermore, that doesn't explain the new models, namely the hand and gun.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Shogun wrote: »
    Just to poke another hole in this already perforated, bullet ridden corpse, why would Iwata even care about this? He'd have had a shot of believability if it was Reggie, or even just an american spokesperson. Like the japanese really give two shits about Goldeneye. For reference, this would be like Reggie cockblocking an effort to release "Super Magic Pretty Princess Maker Dating Sim" from being released. Like he would even care, he'd let the appropriate department handle it.

Yeah I forgot Goldeneye was one of the best games the Nintendo 64 ever saw. Not to mention being one of the best multiplayer experiences ever. So we take that and put it on Microsoft's console at $10 with HD graphics and online multiplayer. Do I need to go further?

I'm not saying this is real or I'm supporting the OP, but I can honestly see why Nintendo would not want this.

No, that's not what I meant. The dude is trying to paint some picture that Iwata is at his desk screaming "NO GOLDENEYARU!", when the reality is he likely doesn't even know about it that much. If he gave an american name, it would at least be in the general realm of reality.

Nintendo wouldn't want Goldeneye on another system or market, yes. But I doubt the japanese branch would be leading the charge on that.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is there a difference between being gullible and really, really wanting to believe?

Actually, I want to know where the screenshot really came from. It's not the Goldeneye source mod but it looks pretty awesome as an update to the N64 version.

it's from a nintendo 64 emulator.

It's not against the rules to point that out, right?

I know emulators for the N64 render the graphics with OpenGL and Direct3D, so they can be high-res, but those aren't the same textures or, in a few cases, models as in the N64 game. I know of some emulators that do retexturing, but Goldeneye is supposedly notoriously hard to do and I can't find evidence of anyone having done it. Furthermore, that doesn't explain the new models, namely the hand and gun.

OH SHIT GUYS MICROSOFT IS TRYING TO REMAKE SONIC 1 BUT IN HD AND ADD IN SONIC, SHADOW, AND MIGHTY BUT SEGA IS SAYING NO THEY ARE GOING TO USE THE ORIGINAL SOURCE CODE BUT WITH A NEW HD RENDERER IN XNA BECAUSE IT'S TOTALLY POSSIBLE TO RUN M68K ASM ON A POWER PC BASED ARCHITECTURE NO YOU SEE THEY JUST REWROTE THE RENDERER TRUST ME I WORK FOR SEGA THEY WERE GOING TO JUST EXPAND UPON IT IN LOTS OF WAYS.

LOOK I HAVE SCREENSHOTS TOO

son1br3.jpg
    son2ll1.jpg
    son3vw7.jpg

I SAY FUCK MY NDA I AM PISSED SO WHAT IF I GET FIRED YOU GUYS BELIEVE ME RIGHT? IF YOU ARE PISSED I SUGGEST YOU TELL SEGA TO STROKE YOUR SAC AND RELEASE SONIC 1 HD NOW!

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Out of curiosity, where's the Shadow sprite from? Or did you just whip something up in photoshop?

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Out of curiosity, where's the Shadow sprite from? Or did you just whip something up in photoshop?

those aren't photoshops.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ...you make me sad TSR, I really want to play that now.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    plufim wrote: »

TO: SEGA
    SUBJECT: STROKE
    BODY: MY SAC

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

those aren't photoshops.

Ohhhhh, I get it. :)

The Wolfman on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Someone needs to threaten to eat their own cock if this is true.

Remington on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Uh... wot? I know it's not real, just saying, I wish it were.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Uh... wot?
    I SAY FUCK MY NDA I AM PISSED SO WHAT IF I GET FIRED YOU GUYS BELIEVE ME RIGHT? IF YOU ARE PISSED I SUGGEST YOU TELL SEGA TO STROKE YOUR SAC AND RELEASE SONIC 1 HD NOW!

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I got the joke.

I even laughed.

Remington on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    geemu.jpg
    and
    geemu2.jpg

I'm just sayin', doesn't look like an emulator, at least not without extensive modification. I figured asking where the shot was really from indicated clearly enough that I didn't think for a second the crazy OP was telling the truth.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    There's really no where else for this thread to go, so, I'm locking it.

If the OP wants to come back with some kind of crazy irrefutable evidence then hey awesome but in the mean time let's just forget this thread ever happened.

Monoxide on
This discussion has been closed.