As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo Switch: March 3rd 2017

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I think zelda will be great!

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    There's some missing but Nintendo just uploaded a new image showing confirmed Switch games:

C2ofqwKUkAAHWST.jpg

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Did Nintendo forget Fire Emblem Warriors or are they going to make me sad?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

and Yuka-Laylee

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Weird that Fire Emblem Warriors isn't included (it wasn't in the original version either).

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular

and Yuka-Laylee

Seems like they are only including retail releases since we know they should have Isaac, Cave story and 1001 spikes as well as presumably stardew valley at some point.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Road Block wrote: »

and Yuka-Laylee

Seems like they are only including retail releases since we know they should have Isaac, Cave story and 1001 spikes as well as presumably stardew valley at some point.

here's the tweet:

So these are just games that have been confirmed this year with more announcements to come, I think.

also 80+ sounds like a lot until you realize that many of them wont make it to release.

edit: Here's what you've all been waiting for, the Snipper Clips Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRi5iq5fZK0

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I am so excited about Snipperclips. Maybe more than I am excited about Zelda.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Please let Xenoblade 2 release in 2017 like that says!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I am so excited about Snipperclips. Maybe more than I am excited about Zelda.

It's gonna be one of those things that everyone makes fun of but ends up actually being really awesome.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Yeah they must only be talking about what they consider to be the bigger/better games worth marketing.

Constructor, that Sim City-like game but with corporate sabotage, was once said to be coming launch day but was later confirmed for April 28, and it's not on that list. Presumably because it's a minor eShop port job.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I'm confused why Minecraft Story Mode isn't a confirmed early release. How hard is the port gonna be, Telltale?

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I'm confused why Minecraft Story Mode isn't a confirmed early release. How hard is the port gonna be, Telltale?

They've got to take the time to learn this new console

So they can release a shoddy-ass game that runs at like 15 frames a second at 640p despite looking like Minecraft

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

They've got to take the time to learn this new console

So they can release a shoddy-ass game that runs at like 15 frames a second at 640p despite looking like Minecraft

I've been slowly making my way through that one on XB1. It is shocking how much pop in there is in a fixed camera game with Minecraft graphics.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    So, I'm watching the Treehouse Live from last Saturday. And I think I'm starting to buy in on 1-2-Switch?

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    So, I'm watching the Treehouse Live from last Saturday. And I think I'm starting to buy in on 1-2-Switch?

I think it is absolutely designed for:

- the kind of party setting where you would play stuff like Jackbox games
    - alcohol/drinking games (see above)

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Yeah, 1 2 Switch is the exact kind of game I like to have at parties where its part fun activity, part spectator sport, and over quick enough that nobody gets bored. A little something for everyone.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Dodge AspenDodge Aspen Registered User regular
    I want to buy Snipperclips on the eshop. Hopefully be able to do that on launch day.

Xbox - Dodge Mega
    Switch - SW-3699-5063-5018

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Snipperclips is 20 dollars according to GoNintendo, and will have a single player mode.

Yup, I will play that.

• Options
    Y'know, another thought occurs to me.

We know the Switch and some of its games were well into development when Iwata unfortunately passed away. And we know that Kimishima and others in the company have pledged to carry out his final orders and wishes for the platform.

We also know that Iwata was heavily involved in the Kirby series during his time at HAL.

Maybe 1-2 Switch carries one of Iwata's final visions?

HsKPEHj.png
    8OalPGO.png

y79VKRy.png
    LdxVRgC.png?1

C5hVb2c.png
    vAB5Mzx.png?1

The high noon showdown is even called Quick Draw in both games. Now I guess these sorts of things might be obvious ideas for 1-on-1 showdowns among players, but then again, I could totally see Iwata saying "hey, this was a great concept back then, now players can act it out for real!"

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Snipperclips is 20 dollars according to GoNintendo, and will have a single player mode.

Yup, I will play that.

Man, at this cost I will buy that game twice.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure it's more based on this, which is actually what I thought the game was at first:
    NES_Wild_Gunman.png

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    I think it's actually based on old Western movies where two men face each other with guns and see which of them can draw fastest to shoot the other one.

• Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I'm pretty sure it's more based on this, which is actually what I thought the game was at first:
    NES_Wild_Gunman.png

Kid #1: "You mean you have to use your hands? "

Kid #2: "That's like a baby's toy!"

Kriegaffe on
  • Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I see a Reddit Thread speculating that 1-2 Switch is being subtly marketed as a drinking game, and yeah, I can totally see that.

edzepp on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    I think it's actually based on old Western movies where two men face each other with guns and see which of them can draw fastest to shoot the other one.

Based on, of course, the actual experiences of cowboys, who were regularly attacked by Waddle Doos.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    The Kirby dueling game was absolutely the first thing I thought of when seeing it on the stream

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Y'know, another thought occurs to me.

We know the Switch and some of its games were well into development when Iwata unfortunately passed away. And we know that Kimishima and others in the company have pledged to carry out his final orders and wishes for the platform.

We also know that Iwata was heavily involved in the Kirby series during his time at HAL.

Maybe 1-2 Switch carries one of Iwata's final visions?

HsKPEHj.png
    8OalPGO.png

y79VKRy.png
    LdxVRgC.png?1

C5hVb2c.png
    vAB5Mzx.png?1

The high noon showdown is even called Quick Draw in both games. Now I guess these sorts of things might be obvious ideas for 1-on-1 showdowns among players, but then again, I could totally see Iwata saying "hey, this was a great concept back then, now players can act it out for real!"

I miss Iwata-san :(

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    MolybdenumMolybdenum Registered User regular
    Holy shit snipperclips is only 20$?!

I was all set to buy it at 40 or 50 wow okay sign me up

This is particularly refreshing since at their current price points 1-2 Switch and Bomberman R are non-starters for me, meaning the lineup is basically just Zelda until MK8

Steam: Cilantr0
    3DS: 0447-9966-6178
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I'll be getting Zelda and Binding of Isaac at launch and wait for Bomberman to hit clearance racks.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    That Snipperclips price just makes Bomberman feel like even more of a ripoff. Hmm, do I want an all new game experience for $20, or a game that's been rehashed and released over and over since the 80s for $50?

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »
    I see a Reddit Thread speculating that 1-2 Switch is being subtly marketed as a drinking game, and yeah, I can totally see that.

Ah, like through the treehouse loser eats a vegetable "something gross"?

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

bomberman should be $65 here if it's a $50 US game. I wonder if that's just Amazon not updating the price yet?

Either way, I'm not buying Bomberman for $65 or $80. If I'm going to buy one "gmae I've already played but want to have as a multiplayer/party game" it'll be MK8. It's just too bad that it won't hit until the end of April. Delaying MK8 is probabably the only thing that will get Bomberman to sell any copies.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Treehouse video going over the hardware and accessories:

https://youtu.be/6N0PDRALqLI

Edit: and Bomberman R

https://youtu.be/Sw7Ju-dp7UQ

If you go to their youtube page they pretty much have the whole stream chopped up into relevant sections.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    MK8 art continues to be fantastic. Is the Piranha Plant battle mode new?

Even though I like everything featured, it doesn't seem that the $60 price tag is justified between New Characters and Battle Mode alone. If I hadn't bought both DLC packs already, it'd probably be an obvious purchase, but as-is it's something I would enjoy but have reservations about.

Some sort of "you have this game and the DLC packs on WiiU, let's drop the price to $40" offer would be fantastic, but it's not going to happen.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I have the game and DLC, but I'm tempted to pick it up just for random on-the-go multiplayer.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    MK8 art continues to be fantastic. Is the Piranha Plant battle mode new?

Even though I like everything featured, it doesn't seem that the $60 price tag is justified between New Characters and Battle Mode alone. If I hadn't bought both DLC packs already, it'd probably be an obvious purchase, but as-is it's something I would enjoy but have reservations about.

Some sort of "you have this game and the DLC packs on WiiU, let's drop the price to $40" offer would be fantastic, but it's not going to happen.

This is where I'm at. If Nintendo is willing to make some effort to acknowledge that I've already spent $75-80 for the game and DLC, I'd be willing to rebuy it at a reduced price to move it over to the new console. If it's $60 retail or nothing, well, there are plenty of other new games to spend my money on.

This discussion has been closed.