As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need help with Japanese instructions in sheet music

TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
In the sheet music for Find Your Way from the FF8 piano collection, there's a note at the end that's written in Japanese. From having listened to the piece a bajillion times, I think I know the gist of it. Something like "Keep doing this for a while." But I'd like to know more specifically. I had one semester of Japanese like 13 years ago, so it's a bit beyond me.
Spoilered for largeness.
skyoxkfvwygf.jpg
q2blwsf9sbu0.jpg

steam_sig.png

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    The google translate app via phone camera says:

Continue this sound type.

Continue this sound type, but play freely like tremolo. Since the right hand is an intempo, I will play the melody of the right hand out without matching the sixth consecutive mark of the left hand and the right hand.

Which seems like it makes sense but I don't know enough music terms to really say.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The google translate app via phone camera says:

I didn't even know that was a thing. Goddamn, living in the future is neat.
    Thanks!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I worked on this for quite a while but not knowing anything about music terminology even in English makes that REALLY tricky.

I need that app.

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn