As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NXT Takeover / Royal Rumble

MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels WebmasterMacon, GARegistered User regular
One of the main reasons I decided to go to my first PAX South this year was because of WWE being in town the same weekend. So, I was just curious how many other PAX attendees will be headed to wrestling on Saturday and Sunday night.

Getting to the Rumble is easy enough since the Alamodome is right next door. But, I guess I'll need to get an Uber to NXT.

• Options
    Jaym4nJaym4n Registered User regular
    My wife and I will be attending the RR! Unfortunately, we couldn't afford NXT and we're both enforcing(so we'll be busy then anyway) but it looks like a great time!

PAX SOUTH 2017 Preparedness:
    [E] Passes [X] Hotel [X] Flight [ ] Waiting Patiently
    mHCQED9.png
  • Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Nice! Yeah, the NXT tickets went super fast. I got in on the presale the day before and even those were gone within minutes.

The Rumble has always been my favorite show of the year and this'll be my 3rd one (2 previous ones here in Atlanta).

• Options
    13th_mg_doctor13th_mg_doctor Louisville, KYRegistered User regular
    I'll be at the Rumble (1st WWE event that's not a house show)

rzHnQQ1.png
  • Options
    BeighBeigh Bloomington, ILRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I'll be at both! First big four PPV, and first NXT show of any kind. Maybe we can split that Uber on Saturday.

Beigh on
    CVpdlHm.png76561197996811040.png
  • Options
    MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Thanks for the offer, but I've got at least a full car with known friends currently. I think we're gonna head towards NXT at about 5pm.

The Rumble pre-show starts at 4pm on the Network, but the tickets say 5:30pm entry. So, I'm not sure when they'll start letting people in.

• Options
    MidanMidan Registered User regular
    Me and my husband are going to NXT! We wanted to go to the rumble too, but we have to be back at work first thing Monday morning and have a 6 hour car ride home. :( But I am so excited to see Shinsuke! Been following him since new Japan and can not wait to see him in person!

• Options
    vitalogy11vitalogy11 Registered User new member
    edited January 2017
    I too had to pass on NXT which hurt because it's going to be awesome. I know this is a long shot but anyone local to the area or just a Pax veteran think there will be a Bar close to the convention that would be showing the PPV?
    It would be fun to have some beers and watch that with the PAX crowd.

Hell I'm almost tempted to find someone with a console setup or PC hooked to a big screen and logging in the network myself and starting up a little NXT party in one of the hangout spots.

vitalogy11 on
  • Options
    Midan wrote: »
    Me and my husband are going to NXT! We wanted to go to the rumble too, but we have to be back at work first thing Monday morning and have a 6 hour car ride home. :( But I am so excited to see Shinsuke! Been following him since new Japan and can not wait to see him in person!

I got to see him an NXT house show here in Atlanta last year, but this'll be different I'm sure.

If there's a record for crowd participation in a match's entrance music, I think we're going to destroy it between Shinsuke and Roode.

• Options
    MidanMidan Registered User regular
    Marino wrote: »
    Midan wrote: »

I got to see him an NXT house show here in Atlanta last year, but this'll be different I'm sure.

If there's a record for crowd participation in a match's entrance music, I think we're going to destroy it between Shinsuke and Roode.

I have been practicing just for that, and I know it will be GLORIOUS! :)

I'm kinda sad Ember Moon (she is my favorite) isn't in the women's title match but hopefully she will have some sort of match. :)

• Options
    WhiteLlamaWhiteLlama Registered User regular
    I don't even watch wrestling anymore, but I just caved and bought the next level up from floor seats for the Rumble. RR was always my favorite event of the year, so might as well go once in my life :D

twitch.tv/whitellamapoopoo
  • Options
    GranakGranak Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    I will be attending the Rumble cause hell yeah. I couldn't get people to commit to going to NXT so I missed out on that: | Oh well. Should be a great weekend.