As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

overwatch: "please play HotS too" -blizz

The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminantthey/themRegistered User regular
edited May 2017 in Social Entropy++
Overwatch! The colorful game in which you shoot mans to complete various arbitrary objectives. I might edit in some useful info later, who knows.

Here's a list of PA players! Find the sheet for your platform, add yourself, then add some buds to play with!

Also there's a discord for organizing groups or something.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
The Escape Goat on

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    It's like DOOM but with fewer waifus

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Neat a D Va and Reinhardt funkos
    13086SCLPT_Overwatch_Reinhardt_POP_Turn_Color_2_large.jpg?v=1485203992
    13090SCLPT_Overwatch_DVAandMech_POP_cTURN_large.jpg?v=1485204009

No one wants to group up with me hense my miserable time in mystery heroes and no more 3v3 after what they did to D VA

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    http://popvinyls.com/2017/01/23/wave-2-overwatch-pop-vinyls-coming-2017/

I need that Symmetra one, and I don't usually like Funko Pop Vinyls!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    is there a pic of the new mercy skin?

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Consider; instead of nerfing Zarya, they could buff Zarya.

[IMG][/img]
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    incoming symmetra mlg strats: consider placing your tele near a ledge
    https://gfycat.com/AmusingAstonishingHarpseal

edit: just an unfortunate night for reinhardts, really
    https://gfycat.com/FaintGraciousCopepod
    (highlight just missed me flanking their widow at the start, and helping clean up on the bridge to take the gate)

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Important message to the people tilting and arguing over voice chat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7QZgH1eP2o

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    Consider; instead of nerfing Zarya, they could buff Zarya.

But Zarya is already buff. I have these gun show tickets to prove it.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the cheat wrote: »
    is there a pic of the new mercy skin?

Pretty much just a red outfit. Event'll be soon though, so we should see pics like, tomorrow?

liEt3nH.png
    Important message to the people tilting and arguing over voice chat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7QZgH1eP2o

I've had some surprisingly positive people tonight despite us losing.

The one game I have won they pushed the cart to the end, but people stayed positive and we pushed hella harder.

edited January 2017
    Yeah I didn't need those 100 points. Jesus matchmaking at this time is awful.

seriously what is this shit

Rh2f5lz.png?1

TheStig on
    I don't do comp mode because it has lackluster rewards and I am miserable enough pugging it

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I tend to mostly play the arcade

most of the modes aren't serious anyway

3v3 is there if I do want to be serious, and is over quickly if I get a shit team

then I'll switch to QP once I get the three lootboxes for the week

I'll only do the qualifying comp matches at the start of a season to get the spray and whatever comp points my rank gets me at the end

I figure I'm in no hurry to get a gold weapon anyway

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    reveal videos for today's event have started showing up in other languages, spoiler for anyone who wants to be surprised
    a lot of cosmetics revolving around the lunar new year, mostly with specific focuses on china and/or fireworks, some legendary skins based on journey to the west, and the event brawl is capture the flag on a reskinned lijiang tower

TheySlashThem on
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    and i thought the last thread title was bad

EzUAYcn.png
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Wait, what the crap?

I jump into competitive, make my pick, the countdown freezes and it boots me out of the game, "lost connection to the server".

Now I'm suspended and I have an auto-loss.

Fun!

Somestickguy on
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    and i thought the last thread title was bad

if you insist

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I swear if the update drops and my rest mode PS4 doesn't start the download before I get home, I'll, I'll, I'll...

I guess I'll just have to wait. But I'll get really annoyed by it, that'll show them.

Also surely it should be nrwf crwth (which auto-correct insists should be Beef Crete btw)

ZD98Zka.png
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    oh man

society is going to force me to buy a funko pop because d.va, isn't it

i'll be on ps4 this evening if people want to group up and earn some loot boxes

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I will never for the life of me understand the appeal of the Funko pop things.

BLM - ACAB
    The Geek wrote: »

So kawaii
    Never underestimate the society's need to have things because

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »

Cute dolls that maintain aesthetic consistency across a wide variety of franchise

Obviously "cute" is subjective but that's the idea

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I can't wait for another event where I can't specifically buy the skins I want and have to depend on random chance even if I spend money!

• Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    They're America's answer to Nendoroids and America fucked it up bad

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2017
    The Geek was warned for this.
    I can't wait for another event where I can't specifically buy the skins I want and have to depend on random chance even if I spend money!

https://youtu.be/KIikqPmbgvI

Rankenphile on
    BLM - ACAB
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    LockedOnTarget was warned for this.
    oh cool you're going to just be really shitty to me for daring to be frustrated with a predatory DLC model.

Fuck you too, I guess.

Rankenphile on
    hey

let's not this

EzUAYcn.png
    just make fun of my typo in that above comment instead what a dunce eh

EzUAYcn.png
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    FORGET IT CRWTH, YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT!

No I don't.
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I received one funko figure as a gift. It's nice, but isn't good about actually staying standing because it's so too top-heavy.

Makes me want to not buy any for myself.

Perrsun on
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Wait, what the crap?

I jump into competitive, make my pick, the countdown freezes and it boots me out of the game, "lost connection to the server".

Now I'm suspended and I have an auto-loss.

Fun!

it's really shitty but I also understand why it is like this because players would just pull the plug every time a match started going against them

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    just make fun of my typo in that above comment instead what a dunce eh

actually I thought 'let's not this' was pretty stellar.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    oh cool you're going to just be really shitty to me for daring to be frustrated with a predatory DLC model.

Fuck you too, I guess.

You (I think it's you, anyway) seem to bring this up literally every time another event rolls around. You voice the same complaint, everyone who agrees or disagrees throws out the same arguments for 10-20 pages, nothing of value is gained. Plus, now that you can buy event costumes with in-game currency (which yes, we all know is not easy to come by) makes this complaint of 'I can't get the exact video game thing I want in exactly the way I want to get it', honestly, kind of entitled and insignificant. If it really bothers you that much, take it up with the devs. We can't do anything about it, and in the meantime the pointless arguing about it drags down an otherwise fun thread about a neat video game.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    oh good new year junkrat just has the regular tire it looks like so I don't need to get it

edit but it looks like he does finally get a victory post besides kneeling that might actually be worth getting

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Sounds like the patch is up

And the ability to have multiple emotes, etc is part of it!

• The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Houk wrote: »

Fuck you too, I guess.

You (I think it's you, anyway) seem to bring this up literally every time another event rolls around. You voice the same complaint, everyone who agrees or disagrees throws out the same arguments for 10-20 pages, nothing of value is gained. Plus, now that you can buy event costumes with in-game currency (which yes, we all know is not easy to come by) makes this complaint of 'I can't get the exact video game thing I want in exactly the way I want to get it', honestly, kind of entitled and insignificant. If it really bothers you that much, take it up with the devs. We can't do anything about it, and in the meantime the pointless arguing about it drags down an otherwise fun thread about a neat video game.

I'm pretty sure lockedontarget isn't the "repeat offender"

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX2lJuk66xI

DVa bow from inside her mech!

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Actually, Overwatch crates are bad

liEt3nH.png
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular

Roadhog's hook is now a... claw? That's pretty awesome.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »

Roadhog's hook is now a... claw? That's pretty awesome.

I think it's supposed to be a rake.

This discussion has been closed.