As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[2017 Challenge Coin] Orders Closed. Batch 3 is shipping out!

• Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    Got my shipping email yesterday! I was very confused, thinking "Who the hell are Alex and Martin Kidder?!" Took me a few to figure it out haha.

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Ordered 1 of each. Thanks for organizing and designing this!

• Options
    eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Wow, got mine today in the mail and they look great!

b3ejxnt5q5kp.jpg

0j92muX.png
  • Options
    nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Love the coins this year. Thank @SutibunRi for taking care of this years. On a side note, does anybody have a spare 2013 or Color 2016 for sale? its the only two I'm missing from my Pax East Set.

lz4m7r7ykc86.jpg

nomisro on
  • Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Oh wow, the regular coins look to have a ton of detail.
    If anyone's heading to South this week, bring your coins! I'm not actually going to get my hands on mine until I'm in Boston for East, and would love to see some in person before then.

• Options
    SepiothSepioth Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @sutibunri I bring mine so if you wanna meet up somewhere we can definitely do that.

4gzp0ml63v5i.png
  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Just put in my order. I can't wait to get them. They look great!

• Options
    gregchick1gregchick1 Registered User regular
    Just got mine in the mail. These things are LIT. Fantastic job @SutibunRi - appreciate you organizing all this. It's my second year and it's become a great tradition to share with my nephew, who I bring with me every year. Much appreciated!

• Options
    edited January 2017
    We have, I think, 2 color, and 12 regular coins left in the first batch.

edit: 5 Color and 12 Regular left.

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    Hmm, I checked on the tracking for my order, and it says it was out for delivery 3 days ago. I'll check at my apartment's office, but I hope it's not lost!

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    What's the story on a second batch? I'm not able to order till next Friday (Feb. 3rd).

• Options
    I'll have to contact kiddercorp to get the exact timeline, but we should have enough time to get a second batch out for delivery before East if we can get the required orders. (minimum order size for a second batch was 25 coins last year.)
    Orders should pick up a bit next week, with South being over and people shifting their attention to East.

• Options
    SinoSambaSinoSamba CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Got my 2 coins a couple of days ago. They look great! I should have joined in on the Pax coins years ago, will not miss it in the future.

3DS FC: 3239-2323-6239
  • Options
    rascrushrascrush Registered User regular
    Hmm, I checked on the tracking for my order, and it says it was out for delivery 3 days ago. I'll check at my apartment's office, but I hope it's not lost!

strange mine says the same thing im in the new england area as well maine to be exact. Says was out for delivery and set to arrive on monday. On one hand I am glad it is not just me that this is happening to but I really hate the post office lol.

• Options

Grr typical post office its not here we dont know were it is bs. Guess I will check with my landlord see if got dropped off there by accident but dont get why it would at all. Things like this make me worry for my pax badges.

• Options
    i really hate post office they say they will talk to my mail man i call back at 5pm did u ta;k to my mail man when he got back. oh no sorry i didnt get a chance ill try to talk to him tommorrow. like wtf people they have no care at all not like they get in trouble if a package dont show

• Options
    Damn.
    Though, as long as they say out for delivery and not delivered, there remains hope.

• Options
    SutibunRi wrote: »
    Damn.
    Though, as long as they say out for delivery and not delivered, there remains hope.

well its weird after it says out for delivery there is something else which the post office says normally means they forgot to scan it as delivered or something like that it says delivery status not updated at 10pm that night that it said out for delivery. Guess i will call again tommorrow and try to get ahold of the post master. I have had things like this happen a few times before its just frusterating when the post office really has no accountability at all

• Options
    Damn.

if for some reason it dont show up i assume i would have to order another one if i really wanted it right like they couldnt just send me another one?

• Options
    The situation has not happened before, I'll have to talk to Kiddercorp to find out their policy.
    Worst case, you find me at East and I'll give you one of the spares I ordered.

• Options
    Damn.

This is where I'm holding on to hope, since there's no update. And USPS wanted me to wait on hold for over an hour to ask what's up when I called today. I work in shipping so my guess is that it left the most recent location it was checked into (Springfield, MA) and wasn't scanned in at its destination (hopefully just my local post office). I'll try calling them next to see what's up.

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    RoxasBladeRoxasBlade Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Do you still have 2 color coins available by any chance? Wanna make sure before I send payment... Thanks!

Forever cosplaying every version of Gabe.
  • Options
    I was able to get mine yesterday no idea wtf happened lol but was in my mail box when I looked yesterday hope same for you @ironysparkles

• Options
    @RoxasBlade Send your payment. We're good on coins atm.

• Options
    abdoooooabdooooo Registered User regular
    I received my coins and they are spectacular! Thanks again for another set of memorable coins.

• Options
    They came out great. I ordered one of each because I couldn't decide which version I liked better and now that I've had them all weekend, I still can't decide.

Now I'm just super sad that I didn't buy them for the other Pax's I've attended!

• Options
    @acaraba2 found me at the South pubcrawl and showed me this year's East coins, and Wow! I really like the amount of detail on the regular coins.
    All my designs up to now have ended up fairly flat, and made preferring the color coin easy, but I cannot pick a favorite this year!

Late Saturday night in the lobby at the Homewood, an awesome PAXer showed me the first East coin.. and.. just, Thank you so much! I never thought I would actually get to see and hold one. I'm sorry I forgot your name.

@Lindsay Lohan I have a few spare East 2015 and 2016 coins, if you find me at East, we can haggle. (Pm me if you want to work out meeting locations.)

• Options
    Thanks for the offer - I actually have to go back and see if the last one I went to was 2015 or 2014. If I went to 2015 I'll let you know and maybe we can make a deal.

• Options
    My local post office was confused when I called them today - my coins are lost somewhere between Springfield and Lowell MA. He's going to keep an eye out and give me a call if they pop up. Can't wait to see them in person!

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I just got my coins today. All I have to say is "WOW"! I really love these designs. Thank you so much for putting all this together!

• Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    Got my non-colored coin yesterday and can confirm it's fantastic. The detail on the Duck Hunt design in particular is amazing. Well done y'all!

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    zeromystzeromyst wat Registered User regular
    These look great! Going to order one right away! As always, thank you for putting this together.

CRANK UP THE C. CRANK UP THE D.
  • Options
    DevereauxDevereaux Registered User regular
    Coins received a few days ago. The coins look great! Awesome job! Thanks @SutibunRi :D

Check out my lanyard and let's trade ;)https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Devereaux
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Coins mysteriously and finally came in today! They look great, I'm excited to give on to my sister for her first PAX. All three of the sleeves they came in are broken in the same way, which is annoying but might be from being lost in the mail for so long? I love the subtle textures of the water and clouds on the city side.

i95dewt947c9.jpg

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
  • Options
    Glad to hear they showed up!
    The sleeves aren't the greatest, being out in the cold trucks for days probably didn't help.

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    So, I can't seem to see beyond PAX South until it has passed already, and thus have completely forgot about this. Can these still be ordered?

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    Yes, yes they can be, we'll probably leave ordering open until 2 weeks after East.
    If we can get a few more orders really soon, the second batch should hopefully reach people before East.

• Options
    robirexrobirex BostonRegistered User regular
    I was finally able to get my order in. I can't wait to see them!

6pq9je4.png
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    Alright.. Finally purchased my coins! I got 1 standard for myself, then a color one for me, my son, my girlfriend, and one for each of her two kids. The kids have never gone, so this will be an interesting Sunday.

@SutibunRi - Thanks a ton for doing these. They look fantastic and I'm stoked I was able to get an order in. Maybe one year the steins will return. I'm too busy to handle that these days.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Did the thing, sent some money, filled out a form! Excited to get my hands on them this year!